You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
I seen YN07KSF yesterday whilst walking past the Kings Arms in Wolvi Court she was Not In Service looking like she had done a 35 and hen 5 mins after greeted with KSV.
39668 has been back in service for the first time in 3 weeks today doing the H’pool 6/7 boards so hopefully that will remain for a few more months yet. 39667 though is not sounding to good these days so not sure how long that will have left. I know there rumours of Hartlepool getting some E300s or even some alx 300s so be interesting if they do get some here permanently.
(18 Mar 2023, 6:00 pm)Lollist wrote Yeah loads mist of the SP08's have you been living under a rock haha

The SP08s are the ex Newcastle ones transferred from Scotland years ago (22570/4/80/1), not the ones recently transferred from Highlands (27805/9/12 etc)
I know SCNE might nave gidder fish to fry but they could remove the internal adverts for teeside when transfering buses to newcastle. I was on the 72 yesterday and a few punter were overheard say the adds on the bus had zero relevence to the area!
(19 Mar 2023, 8:29 am)Rob44 wrote I know SCNE might nave gidder fish to fry but they could remove the internal adverts for teeside when transfering buses to newcastle.  I was on the 72 yesterday and a few punter were overheard say the adds on the bus had zero relevence to the area!
Not really a big priority, buses literally came up and were thrown straight into service all that was done was the radios and destination blinds. These are now here for the foreseeable future so I’d imagine some time they’ll get the adverts changed but I can’t see that happening anytime soon when they’re struggling for buses and drivers.
(19 Mar 2023, 9:59 am)ReDemPTiion wrote Not really a big priority, buses literally came up and were thrown straight into service all that was done was the radios and destination blinds. These are now here for the foreseeable future so I’d imagine some time they’ll get the adverts changed but I can’t see that happening anytime soon when they’re struggling for buses and drivers.

I agree with that, but if they are still there in a few months time then that a micky take.....even just for the companies that are paying to advertise in the area of teeside, not tyneside
(15 Mar 2023, 1:43 am)glen wrote Are the alx 300 buses that Stockton getting now are there getting repaint in new colours or not?
22409 has gone up to Sunderland for repaint so I can see the rest of the ALX300’s getting painted as well.
Want happen to the ex Highland buses have enter service yet I am sorry if say before.

Have the ex Highland buses enter service yet I am sorry before.
(25 Mar 2023, 3:31 am)glen wrote Want happen to the ex Highland buses have enter  service yet I am sorry if say before.

Have the ex Highland buses enter service yet I am sorry  before.
It is my understanding they will enter service at end of the month when mot’s run out on man E200s that are being withdrawn
(19 Mar 2023, 12:33 pm)Rob44 wrote I agree with that, but if they are still there in a few months time then that a micky take.....even just for the companies that are paying to advertise in the area of teeside, not tyneside
Well it’s nothing new really considering the majority of Hartlepool fleet is cascades they still have adverts for Tyne and Wear on some buses. There are stickers for Stagecoach in Sunderland and the Yorkshire darts that came up still have the box for metro newspaper but it’s very minor things and not really important.  
The Teesside deckers still has the Advertising for Arsenal all or nothing from last August still so if anything I think that would be a bigger priority.   Also I don’t know if it still the case but I think above all that if it not already happened then I think Newcastle removing the dots branding would be the bigger issue.
(25 Mar 2023, 12:29 pm)Youngymmv wrote It is my understanding they will enter service at end of the month when mot’s run out on man E200s that are being withdrawn

Not sure this is true… they’ve just retested two of them. 39663 & 39668 have just been through MOT in the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(26 Mar 2023, 9:43 am)tyresmoke wrote Not sure this is true… they’ve just retested two of them. 39663 & 39668 have just been through MOT in the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not all of them of course and it’s the shorter wheel base examples, not the 08 batch delivered new to Hartlepool.

kind regards
(27 Mar 2023, 9:45 am)omnicity4659 wrote Busways and Transit will cease the issuing of paper tickets to ENCTS card holders from 1st April, to speed up boarding times.
Oh thank God for that!
(27 Mar 2023, 10:15 am)F114TML wrote Oh thank God for that!
GNE doesn't give them tickets either do they? I think GNE stopped it a while back.