You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
Thanks for info mate

The E300 not bad buses alx300 buses puss there sell by date now that all am saying mate.
(10 Apr 2023, 7:36 am)Mr Alx300 22062 NK54 BFF wrote I’ve already put this in the reserves and disposals page but anyone know whereabouts 22443 and 22344 are?

22344 is at Shields depot in bits- apparently is getting a new engine. Can't see why though given its age and its been there for several months now. 
22443 is parked at the back of Slatyford along with the other withdrawn MANs- not sure if it has been officially withdrawn on the fleet list though given that its still taxed
(09 Apr 2023, 10:31 pm)F114TML wrote Something somewhere has had a wobble (didn't think it was worth its own thread): 26983, 27157-248, 28008-040, 36081-086 and all of the Dennis Darts have not tracked since 5th April.

This isn't a bustimes thing. Affected gasbuses have "AVL ERROR" on the ticket machine (normally "AVL OK").

A few buses across the network have "AVL BAD" or "GPS BAD", outdated technology having more and more expected of it...
(09 Apr 2023, 10:31 pm)F114TML wrote Something somewhere has had a wobble (didn't think it was worth its own thread): 26983, 27157-248, 28008-040, 36081-086 and all of the Dennis Darts have not tracked since 5th April.

This isn't a bustimes thing. Affected gasbuses have "AVL ERROR" on the ticket machine (normally "AVL OK").

Hopefully they're putting on the app, when services are cancelled so people aren't standing around waiting for a bus, which will never turn up.........
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Apr 2023, 1:55 am)glen wrote Thanks for info mate

The E300 not bad buses alx300 buses puss there sell by date now that all am saying mate.
some of the early E300s are terrible mate, theres already been cases of 2007/2008 models either converted in DTVs or scrapped as they that bad
(10 Apr 2023, 4:22 pm)Lollist wrote No e300s and mmcs are tracking at stockton need ticketer machines
Majority of stocktons e200 mmcs are tracking bar 26293 but yeah the 271** E300’s aren’t same with the 271**’s and 272**’s that Slatyford got. We’re tracking fine until last Wednesday (5th) night then tracking messed up, some of Newcastle’s started tracking as Sunderland services and Sunderland buses tracking as Newcastle buses then went off and haven’t worked since. You’re right about new machines stagecoach so far behind the other companies.
(10 Apr 2023, 1:39 am)toward6931 wrote be careful what you wish for, Northampton are looking to potentially cascade around ten 2007/2008 E300s when they get new double decker's, i can imagine north east ending up with them, they are probably worse than the ALX300s

Can't see them coming here, it's very rare that they send buses older than 15 years to other areas. They need withdrawn on paper and aren't an improvement over buses 2 year older. It's sidestepping at best.

I don't know why but long term I have a feeling we might see some of the very frequent corridors dropped in frequency and upgraded to double decker.

Stuff like the 6 and 7 in Hartlepool could be prime routes for it (don't believe there's any low bridges) with both frequencies dropped to every 15 minutes for example. They should be able to fit in the pits aswell if it's a length issue.

The 57/58 in Stockton being another one, arguable a bus every 30 minutes is better than one every 24 / 24 / 12 or 36 / 24 like it is atm.
(10 Apr 2023, 6:35 pm)Storx wrote Can't see them coming here, it's very rare that they send buses older than 15 years to other areas. They need withdrawn on paper and aren't an improvement over buses 2 year older. It's sidestepping at best.

I don't know why but long term I have a feeling we might see some of the very frequent corridors dropped in frequency and upgraded to double decker.

Stuff like the 6 and 7 in Hartlepool could be prime routes for it (don't believe there's any low bridges) with both frequencies dropped to every 15 minutes for example. They should be able to fit in the pits aswell if it's a length issue.

The 57/58 in Stockton being another one, arguable a bus every 30 minutes is better than one every 24 / 24 / 12 or 36 / 24 like it is atm.
to be honest i meant it as more of an example, like when the 08 ex Scottish E300s landed at slatyford.

i personally would have used the new vehicle orders,  like the ones that are going to stagecoach south to upgrade the chichester fleet, i would have used the ex Manchester 2008 examples of E400s cascade either from this years delivery or the electrics going to Stockport to send them to Northampton and stagecoach south to either oust ALX400s or to upgrade the single deck routes. same for torquay (south west) again to oust ALX 400s. 

the newer vehicles instead coming to areas like the north east which have a high passenger and profit margin, as personally i think 11 new vehicles for walkergate is a pitiful amount
(10 Apr 2023, 8:52 pm)toward6931 wrote to be honest i meant it as more of an example, like when the 08 ex Scottish E300s landed at slatyford.

i personally would have used the new vehicle orders,  like the ones that are going to stagecoach south to upgrade the chichester fleet, i would have used the ex Manchester 2008 examples of E400s cascade either from this years delivery or the electrics going to Stockport to send them to Northampton and stagecoach south to either oust ALX400s or to upgrade the single deck routes. same for torquay (south west) again to oust ALX 400s. 

the newer vehicles instead coming to areas like the north east which have a high passenger and profit margin, as personally i think 11 new vehicles for walkergate is a pitiful amount

Aye can't disagree to be fair with you.

Guessing it depends whether they see a long time future there though. There's loads of MMC's coming spare soon including about 20 MMC's at Oxford in the same batch as the 16 plates at Walkergate / Slatyford. They could easily come up here and displace the Hybrids which there's talk of them going to Sunderland (rumours ofc) which in turn will see of the Gas Buses and E300's out of Sunderland to displace the ALX300's and Darts.

Maybe they might see a chance of getting electrics here in the future instead and don't want to invest in Diesel buses for Newcastle possibly? I know some of their Teesside routes are on the list for the Hydrogen routes but it's all gone a bit quiet that.
(10 Apr 2023, 9:21 pm)Storx wrote Aye can't disagree to be fair with you.

Guessing it depends whether they see a long time future there though. There's loads of MMC's coming spare soon including about 20 MMC's at Oxford in the same batch as the 16 plates at Walkergate / Slatyford. They could easily come up here and displace the Hybrids which there's talk of them going to Sunderland (rumours ofc) which in turn will see of the Gas Buses and E300's out of Sunderland to displace the ALX300's and Darts.

Maybe they might see a chance of getting electrics here in the future instead and don't want to invest in Diesel buses for Newcastle possibly? I know some of their Teesside routes are on the list for the Hydrogen routes but it's all gone a bit quiet that.
I've heard the majority of hybrids and gas buses are nearly at the end of their economical useful lives.

26 hybrids at walkergate which are CAZ exempt, there are similar examples at oxford, Sheffield and Manchester
40 gas buses at Sunderland which are unique within the stagecoach empire, the 2013 examples aren't CAZ compliant whereas the 2014 examples are.

there's 15 new MMC double decks meant to be delivered to Hyde road in Manchester this year. potentially this could displace either hybrids or early MMC examples which could both find use in Newcastle.

Sheffield is receiving new vehicles this year which could potentially displace more hybrids

oxford is receiving new vehicles in 2024 and again this could displace hybrids or earlier MMC examples which could be used in Newcastle.

then there is the 170 new electrics going to Stockport in 2024?? which i think will release a lot of the 2008 E400s from the Manchester area, plus there's rumors that SC wigan could lose a handful of routes in the new franchising efforts which will also allow a cascade of older E400s
(10 Apr 2023, 9:21 pm)Storx wrote Aye can't disagree to be fair with you.

Holbrook E400 EH were the only ones mentioned as a cascade, and that isn't set in stone, and it's only 15 vehicles. If the E400 EH from Walkergate came as well that would cover the Scania withdrawals. Of course that would convert such routes as 3/12/13/16/20 to double deck, which would inevitably lead to frequency reductions.

The E300's, of which more are to come are to facilitate the withdrawal of MANviro 200's so wouldn't predict any E300's leaving too soon.
(10 Apr 2023, 11:14 pm)toward6931 wrote I've heard the majority of hybrids and gas buses are nearly at the end of their economical useful lives.

26 hybrids at walkergate which are CAZ exempt, there are similar examples at oxford, Sheffield and Manchester
40 gas buses at Sunderland which are unique within the stagecoach empire, the 2013 examples aren't CAZ compliant whereas the 2014 examples are.

there's 15 new MMC double decks meant to be delivered to Hyde road in Manchester this year. potentially this could displace either hybrids or early MMC examples which could both find use in Newcastle.

Sheffield is receiving new vehicles this year which could potentially displace more hybrids

oxford is receiving new vehicles in 2024 and again this could displace hybrids or earlier MMC examples which could be used in Newcastle.

then there is the 170 new electrics going to Stockport in 2024?? which i think will release a lot of the 2008 E400s from the Manchester area, plus there's rumors that SC wigan could lose a handful of routes in the new franchising efforts which will also allow a cascade of older E400s

Are the vehicles in Manchester available to be cascaded?  I thought I read something whereby there was a vehicle pool which unsuccessful bidders made their vehicles available to?
(10 Apr 2023, 11:14 pm)toward6931 wrote there's 15 new MMC double decks meant to be delivered to Hyde road in Manchester this year. potentially this could displace either hybrids or early MMC examples which could both find use in Newcastle.

15 E400MMCs are to transfer from Manchester to Hull once the new examples for Hyde Road are delivered. The other new E400MMCs for Manchester's Ashton-upon-Lyme depot will trigger a cascade that will release E400s 19621-40 to East Scotland to replace Tridents on Fife School work (Fife have an age restriction on their scholars) - these 20 are the unique MAN-engined examples built as a trial.
(10 Apr 2023, 1:39 am)toward6931 wrote be careful what you wish for, Northampton are looking to potentially cascade around ten 2007/2008 E300s when they get new double decker's, i can imagine north east ending up with them, they are probably worse than the ALX300s
Some of those Stagecoach Midlands E300s are (or we're) rocket ships. They used to bomb up and down the express routes between Milton Keynes/Leicester and Northampton, so they are probably knackered now. If this was 5 years ago, they'd be great on something like the X24 or the 100.
(11 Apr 2023, 12:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 15 E400MMCs are to transfer from Manchester to Hull once the new examples for Hyde Road are delivered. The other new E400MMCs for Manchester's Ashton-upon-Lyme depot will trigger a cascade that will release E400s 19621-40 to East Scotland to replace Tridents on Fife School work (Fife have an age restriction on their scholars) - these 20 are the unique MAN-engined examples built as a trial.
mental to think that fife school buses will be newer than a decent percentage of Newcastle double decker's

(11 Apr 2023, 11:55 am)Chris 1 wrote Are the vehicles in Manchester available to be cascaded?  I thought I read something whereby there was a vehicle pool which unsuccessful bidders made their vehicles available to?
i could be wrong but im sure ive read somewhere that the franchise requires buses to be younger than either 12 or 15 years, the 2008 and 2009 E400s will just start to be too old if the latter is the case
info received from British Bus Publishing:

* With numbers running out of range for some types of buses, Stagecoach has decided to renumber most electric and hybrid vehicles. This 8-page supplement updates the 2023 Stagecoach Bus Handbook to reflect these changes. The first digit of the electric and hybrid buses is now 6xxxx for Midi buses, 7xxxx for Single-decks and 8xxxx for Double-decks. Minibuses and Coaches retain their current ranges. In addition, with this attractive supplement, we have taken the opportunity to update the lists of vehicles on order. *
(12 Apr 2023, 5:07 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote 22874 SP09DPN is now at Stockton tracking as 27248 on bus times
What did Stockton receive this for? Will this allow anything to head to Newcastle still struggling for buses up here lol. What’s happened to 27248 if that’s tracking as that? 

Was in engineering earlier 22890 seems to have been fixed and put back together can see that heading to you’s soon.
(12 Apr 2023, 7:36 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote What did Stockton receive this for? Will this allow anything to head to Newcastle still struggling for buses up here lol. What’s happened to 27248 if that’s tracking as that? 

Was in engineering earlier 22890 seems to have been fixed and put back together can see that heading to you’s soon.
It’s just extras for the fleet and interms of 27248 that had a RTA the other week in Norton high street
Do you think stagecoach Stockton will get more second buses to replace the E300 64,65 reg want are left?
(12 Apr 2023, 5:07 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote 22874 SP09DPN is now at Stockton tracking as 27248 on bus times

It was actually 22428 that’s tracking as 27248 today (confirmed by a contact sharing a photo of the 12 27248 was tracking on this evening) - which leaves the question then of has 27812 entered service as that was tracking on a 59/61 earlier.
(12 Apr 2023, 7:38 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote It’s just extras for the fleet and interms of 27248 that had a RTA the other week in Norton high street
Damn hope everyone was alright.

27247 & 27254 seem to have had small RTA’s up here different coloured panels on them old coloured on 247 and new coloured on 254. Knew it wouldn’t take long for us to ruin them buses  Undecided
22412 on the back of an Alpha tow truck heading towards Stockton this morning. Looks like it had broken down possibly in the Middlesbrough area.
(13 Apr 2023, 4:53 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote 39711 and 39715 are both now tracking on South Shields routes. Does anyone know if these are permanent transfers?

On a Facebook group page today it was mentioned “Stagecoach South Shields have received MAN E200 39711 NK58 AGV and 39715 NK58 AHA. These are to replace ADL E200 37313 SN65 OJD and 37314 SN65 ZBO.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk