You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Bus incidents
Well did something similar happen to a 16 Plate Streetdeck in 2021, I think it was near Waldrige on the 25 where it came off the road but that one didn't tip
(21 Apr 2023, 2:36 pm)nova347 wrote Well did something similar happen to a 16 Plate Streetdeck in 2021, I think it was near Waldrige on the 25 where it came off the road but that one didn't tip
Yes.. like I posted.
RE: Durham Diamond 6062 - Stanley Crash
I believe what has happened, as it turned the corner and drive along the driver gone too close to the grass verge and slipped down causing it to tip over. A similar thing happened with a 25 near Waldrige in 2021 expect that one didn't tip.
Looks like is gonna be out for a long time. Maybes roughly 8-12 months. Glad everyone is alright. Also hoping those taken to hospital make a full swift recovery.
This is gonna make the council have paths put in place where that incident happen
(21 Apr 2023, 4:04 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Looks like is gonna be out for a long time. Maybes roughly 8-12 months. Glad everyone is alright. Also hoping those taken to hospital make a full swift recovery.
This is gonna make the council have paths put in place where that incident happen
Given the age of it, and the probable frame damage from such a drop, I doubt it'll be back.

My guess is it'll be cannibalised for parts to keep the other hybrids running

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(21 Apr 2023, 4:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Given the age of it, and the probable frame damage from such a drop, I doubt it'll be back.

My guess is it'll be cannibalised for parts to keep the other hybrids running

Yeah maybes most likely. Just gonna have to see what they end up doing to it.
(21 Apr 2023, 1:54 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 3528f9ddb592639a042a13ec7b3d4c6d.jpg]

Go North East statement From over turned bus!

Gary Edmundson, operations director of Go North East said: "We've had a vehicle that left the road and due to the camber of the bank it's tipped over on its side.

"Thankfully no passengers have been injured and we have no injuries recorded for the driver.

"The next step now is working with the local police to try and understand what happened and the cause of the accident and retrieve the vehicle"

It’s been reported no one onboard the bus has been injured.

Photo - The Northern Echo

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk

After returning from a lengthy four year stint in North Korea to Chester-LE-Street, I am appalled that an incident of this magnitude is being discussed in public.

I thought this forum was a more relaxed and enjoyable place and refrained from people discussing or commenting on incidents such as this - I guess I was WRONG!
(21 Apr 2023, 4:04 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Looks like is gonna be out for a long time. Maybes roughly 8-12 months. Glad everyone is alright. Also hoping those taken to hospital make a full swift recovery.
I don't think it will be out for that long. I was thinking 4 months. 

I've seen a couple of photos of them trying to recover it with two alpha trucks and a van. It might have been cheaper to leave it there
(21 Apr 2023, 9:12 pm)Unber43 wrote I don't think it will be out for that long. I was thinking 4 months. 

As Streetdeckfan has said, if there is chassis damage then it possibly won't be back given its age and high maintenance costs associated with the hybrids anyway. 

Interesting that paramedics treated 11 people at the scene, and 2 were taken to hospital, yet the operations director has been quoted as stating "thankfully no passengers have been injured" by the Northern Echo.
To be honest, they probably do more damage recovering it than what the accident caused.

It was fortunate there was a hedge there to help cusion the vehicle as it went over. Providing there isn't too much damage to the body which I suspect there isn't (even the lower deck windscreen managed to remain intact). It probably be a case of just replacing the windows, replacing any damaged panelling and any other repair. If it does require a repaint, I suspect it could come out a much different colour than people expect, as I've got a feeling the B5LHs are off to Manchester when the new buses come for the Angels, so they could paint it in to Bee Network Yellow in preperation for transfer or even transfer it early.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(21 Apr 2023, 9:57 pm)Rapidsnap wrote To be honest, they probably do more damage recovering it than what the accident caused.

It was fortunate there was a hedge there to help cusion the vehicle as it went over. Providing there isn't too much damage to the body which I suspect there isn't (even the lower deck windscreen managed to remain intact). It probably be a case of just replacing the windows, replacing any damaged panelling and any other repair. If it does require a repaint, I suspect it could come out a much different colour than people expect, as I've got a feeling the B5LHs are off to Manchester when the new buses come for the Angels, so they could paint it in to Bee Network Yellow in preperation for transfer or even transfer it early.
Here is some photos of the recovery
.png Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 23.40.14.png
.png Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 23.40.25.png
Would have been interesting to have watched the recovery (I was engaged elsewhere in waiting for a Deltic).

Doesn't look to be an easy recovery either considering the field is lower than the road. It's a poor road that, no curbs, soft verges and basically a drop onto the left. Bumpy all the way along because of ground movements over the years.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
RE: 6062
(22 Apr 2023, 2:18 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Was damaged a fair bit. I doubt it will return to service.
I think it might. 

But it just adds to the hybrid unreliability issues along with 6064 which is back off since 8th March
(22 Apr 2023, 8:32 pm)Unber43 wrote I think it might. 

But it just adds to the hybrid unreliability issues along with 6064 which is back off since 8th March
I don't think falling off a road is a matter of unreliability.
(22 Apr 2023, 10:40 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I don't think falling off a road is a matter of unreliability.
No, but it does overall, the Durham Diamond is now down a bus, and every day there were 2-3 maybe 4 16/16As off, there are currently two X5/X15 offs
(25 Apr 2023, 12:34 pm)streetdeckfan wrote It's almost as if people exaggerate things for dramatic effect!

the bloke from GNE did the opposite.  Wasn't there a load in hospital when he said basically everyone was fine?
(25 Apr 2023, 12:45 pm)Rob44 wrote the bloke from GNE did the opposite.  Wasn't there a load in hospital when he said basically everyone was fine?
Depends if they made that statement before they were triaged.

I was in a car accident when I was younger, but was taken to hospital in an ambulance despite feeling perfectly fine