You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Next Stop Announcement Systems

(04 Feb 2023, 10:33 am)Dan wrote If they were ‘the basics’, this equipment would be mandated and be legally required.

Many operators still don’t offer this facility and until it becomes a regulatory requirement, I don’t think any operator will treat it with such high regard.

My personal opinion is that it is very important and should be mandated, but no doubt operators up and down the country would require financial support to provide this. Not every operator is like Go North East, with over half their fleet fitted as they have continually invested since 2010. Alas, it’s only something Stagecoach has provided since 2019 on their new vehicles (so a very small proportion of their fleet!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think it should be a legal requirement. When I was down in Manchester in December it was hard work trying to figure out where I needed to get off the bus because non of the Go North West buses have NSAs. at least up here we have next stop announcements which really do help especially if you are using a route for the first time.

Even on routes you know NSA can be a life saver.

I got the X21 up last week on a bus without NSA, I was supposed to get off in Gateshead but I was in a world of my own and didn't even notice we were there because the windows were fogged up.

It was lucky they were doing a driver change or I would have ended up in Newcastle!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems
(18 Mar 2023, 7:21 am)adavies3774 wrote Personally I think it should be a legal requirement. When I was down in Manchester in December it was hard work trying to figure out where I needed to get off the bus because non of the Go North West buses have NSAs. at least up here we have next stop announcements which really do help especially if you are using a route for the first time.

I seem to recall that it is planned to become a legal requirement - perhaps 2024 is the deadline.
Bus firms to be forced to make audio-visual announcements to help disabled users
(18 Mar 2023, 7:46 pm)Aaron21 wrote Was on the 27 today and it looks like the Microbus announcement has been taken out

Fingers crossed
Not sure where to this bit the nsaa want working on the 29 % until it kicked in at Gateshead. Cause he's missed out saltwell park!!!
There's still no NSA on the 61 between Murton colliery inn and Easington Lane on journeys towards Peterlee and on return journey the announcement stops at station estate and announces nothing until Dalton Park.( The whole of Murton)
On journeys that call into Wembley Estate ,this is also missed off in both directions.
(11 Apr 2023, 6:24 pm)Retro Nero wrote There's still no NSA on the 61 between Murton colliery inn and Easington Lane on journeys towards Peterlee and on return journey the announcement stops at station estate and announces nothing until Dalton Park.( The whole of Murton)
On journeys that call into Wembley Estate ,this is also missed off in both directions.

Or none on the 61A at all.
1 nsa board says Coaster 1 to Metrocentre Asda. Didn't realise as the 97 never saw Metrocentre asda. It just said Metrocentre on the nsa
I do wonder why the new nsa sound like Emma is a bit down. Like the announcement aren't as cherpy as the rest of them. Seems very quite to the likes of the X Lines X30 or X21 or 57 announcement
(09 May 2023, 5:25 pm)Busu284 wrote I do wonder why the new nsa sound like Emma is a bit down. Like the announcement aren't as cherpy as the rest of them. Seems very quite to the likes of the X Lines X30 or X21 or 57 announcement
Yeah Its the same with the 21 Durham & Brandon announcement. Oh well, At least they have been updated which is better than nothing
(09 May 2023, 7:42 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Any recordings/YouTube videos of them?
I've got a recording of the 307. Dk how to send video on here (not on YouTube unfortunately)
(10 May 2023, 5:17 pm)V514DFT wrote Oh she does sound rather depressed

I don’t think there’s much in it personally.

I can hear the difference in tone, but I don’t think the newer one is worse or depressed sounding, it’s just neutral and professional. Some of the original ones can sound a bit chirpy if anything.
(12 Apr 2023, 12:20 am)deanmachine wrote Or none on the 61A at all.
The 61 has been updated to announce 
"This is the East Durham Explorer 61sevice to ......." But still doesn't announce the stops that are missing,
(11 May 2023, 2:06 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote I wonder if the 6 is officially Green Arrow 6 with the announcements or is still the 6.

Just 6 thankfully
(11 May 2023, 1:23 pm)Retro Nero wrote The 61 has been updated to announce 
"This is the East Durham Explorer 61sevice to ......." But still doesn't announce the stops that are missing,
The 61 has been updated and now announces all stops from Peterlee to Sunderland.
Journeys from Sunderland to Peterlee still stop announcing from Murton colliery inn and don't announce anything else until Easington Lane, missing all of Murton off.
Haven't been on 61A so I don't know if they've been corrected yet or if 61 journeys calling into East Moore has been added yet
There seems to be a lot of the fleet lately only announcing the service number and not announcing any stops. The visual running screens are only showing the service number then jumping to show the WiFi message and not showing any stops.
This has been like this for quite a while now