You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach UK Fleet Reserves / Disposals

RE: Stagecoach UK Fleet Reserves / Disposals
(22 Jun 2023, 10:41 am)54APhotography wrote You have a point. The state of some of the E300s that arrived here in were shocking. The E350H that could have been cascaded are rated amongst the worst of the lot for condition ..

The E350Hs were never going to be offered for cascade - the original plan was for the ex-Perth Gold-spec examples to move to Peterhead alongside the 3 2013 examples, with the original Bluebird examples being used as a source of spares. That plan was dropped when they checked their condition. Given the rarity of the E350Hs in the country, let alone the Stagecoach fleet, meant it was easier to bin them off than pay for work on them. Incidentally, the 4 examples with First’s Essex operation are also now heading for scrap.
(22 Jun 2023, 6:14 pm)Storx wrote There's three, one that goes via Dingwall, one via Evanton, then the express one which does roughly 15 miles non-stop all 60/70 mph.

https://bustimes.org/services/x25-alness...office#map - That one. Absolutely crippler when you put town buses on stuff like that designed to potter around housing estates. Ironically some of their sisters are on tonight which will no doubt end up here at some point.

Mind that said, they can keep the ex. Newcastle 57 Plate Enviro 400's on services daily from the Aviemore outstation and they do some right killers like the X37 - https://bustimes.org/services/x37-aviemo...r-park#map. Yet Newcastle can't keep them in service on the 22 so they must be doing something right. I'm always surprised how old the fleet is there and it always has been.

The ex-Newcastle E400s haven’t got long left with Highlands - the first of their replacements, in the form of 17 E400MMCs, arrived at Inverness depot on Friday evening. Alongside 20 B8RLE/Evoras (16 12.8m and 4 10.8m) and 3 Scania Moni-People Explorers (for use on the Tain area schools) will see all classic-style Enviros in the Inverness/Aviemore/Tain area withdrawn as well as the 62 plate Volvo B13RTs at Tain. Tain will gain the 4 E200MMCs from Inverness for use on the 25/25A/X25 and these have been re-registered with X25xxx private registrations recently.
(25 Jun 2023, 12:36 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The ex-Newcastle E400s haven’t got long left with Highlands - the first of their replacements, in the form of 17 E400MMCs, arrived at Inverness depot on Friday evening. Alongside 20 B8RLE/Evoras (16 12.8m and 4 10.8m) and 3 Scania Moni-People Explorers (for use on the Tain area schools) will see all classic-style Enviros in the Inverness/Aviemore/Tain area withdrawn as well as the 62 plate Volvo B13RTs at Tain. Tain will gain the 4 E200MMCs from Inverness for use on the 25/25A/X25 and these have been re-registered with X25xxx private registrations recently.

the speed at which the scottish divisions burn through vehicles (sometimes quite literally), i cant see 17 brand new vehicles lasting unscathed for long
(22 Jun 2023, 10:41 am)54APhotography wrote You have a point. The state of some of the E300s that arrived here in were shocking. The E350H that could have been cascaded are rated amongst the worst of the lot for condition ..

To be fair some of our native E300s are in a pretty poor state, travelled on a few of the orignal Es batch recently and they didn't sound too healthy, even driver was complaining about one of them having no power.  Not sure if it's just the tracking as well but 27731 appears to have been off for nearly 3 months.

I know the gas buses get slated on here but a few of them I travelled on around the same time still seemed smooth and pretty 'new' looking inside.
(25 Jun 2023, 5:20 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote To be fair some of our native E300s are in a pretty poor state, travelled on a few of the orignal Es batch recently and they didn't sound too healthy, even driver was complaining about one of them having no power.  Not sure if it's just the tracking as well but 27731 appears to have been off for nearly 3 months.

I know the gas buses get slated on here but a few of them I travelled on around the same time still seemed smooth and pretty 'new' looking inside.

If it has the hot exhaust light on, you really start to feel it after a few weeks/months (36980 is notorious for it, last time I had it I couldn't get it above 25 past the eye infirmary on the 10, and many months ago I went up Greenbank Drive in it at about 8mph; most buses can at least get up to 15) - could be one of them. Equally, I had 27734 the other night on the 3s and 20s - horrifically slow, particularly uphill but seemed to get better after a while (no exhaust light), seems to be an outlier.

As for the gasbuses, some of them are starting to show their age but a lot of them are really good, very smooth and a fair few have a good bit of kick behind them.
(26 Jun 2023, 8:45 am)F114TML wrote If it has the hot exhaust light on, you really start to feel it after a few weeks/months (36980 is notorious for it, last time I had it I couldn't get it above 25 past the eye infirmary on the 10, and many months ago I went up Greenbank Drive in it at about 8mph; most buses can at least get up to 15) - could be one of them. Equally, I had 27734 the other night on the 3s and 20s - horrifically slow, particularly uphill but seemed to get better after a while (no exhaust light), seems to be an outlier.

As for the gasbuses, some of them are starting to show their age but a lot of them are really good, very smooth and a fair few have a good bit of kick behind them.

It was the 277xx batch I noticied it on, 27732 was especially bad.
Interesting to see that Stagecoach Highlands are getting 37 new buses due now to replace the remaining Enviro's they've got. Be interesting to see if the remainder of the Enviro 300's end up here. We've had the rest. There's another 10 in service up there excluding the 57 plates.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/sta...88/page-33 - Details here on new buses.
I know bustimes isn't that accurate but

Have all been removed from service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
in other news, 10551 SN16 ONT from SC liverpool has pretty much been destroyed in what looks like a during service arson attack, the whole upper deck is gone and alot of the rear end is also f***ed
(10 Dec 2023, 6:46 am)BusEnthusiast.com wrote No this must be false tracking

There was a 55 plate trident parked up in the depot as I drove past earlier but didn't get chance to see a fleet number
(10 Dec 2023, 5:12 pm)glen wrote No 18364?

Yes have seen a photo which confirms it’s in Stockton’s yard.
Fairly confident it won’t be for service so likely another donation somewhere in the region!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Looks like Reading Buses have provisionally bought 3 more gas buses - looks like 28032-34.

Info from Stagecoach Enthusiasts UK page.

Won't let me upload a picture....
(10 Dec 2023, 10:31 pm)Michael wrote Looks like Reading Buses have provisionally bought 3 more gas buses - looks like 28032-34.

Info from Stagecoach Enthusiasts UK page.

Won't let me upload a picture....
They had the option of 28031-4, so sounds about right
(12 Dec 2023, 7:22 pm)Unber43 wrote It won't load any chance to post a photo?

It won't let me upload a picture.

Type "Bus & Coach World Ltd" in Facebook, the page should appear.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Dec 2023, 7:54 pm)Michael wrote It won't let me upload a picture.

Type "Bus & Coach World Ltd" in Facebook, the page should appear.

that isn't working for me...
An unregistered New design E400 electric has turned up at Oxford depot, allegedly for staff familiarisation before the main fleet starts to arrive in the new year
(15 Dec 2023, 6:09 pm)F114TML wrote If anyone wants any last pics, 28016 (or rather what's left of it) is round the back of Sunderland depot.

They've really cannibalised it like, surprised they haven't took all of the panels
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Dec 2023, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote 28032 has been spotted awaiting a refurb and repaint, for Reading Buses.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62607125@N...1700952815 - photo by Chris Hinds

Cannot stand them things, they’re welcome to it
Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here
Just seen this on another forum:

OTHER VEHICLE NEWS

Of the ex-Stagecoach North East gas-powered Scania/Enviro300s, refurbished 438 and 439 have arrived back in Reading in a new Buzz green livery, which has been devised for routes funded by Reading Borough Council and HM Government (through BSIP). Once fitted with Reading Buses systems they will enter service on route 9 which is being extended to Green Park on 2nd January.

436 and 437 are still at Bus & Coach World in Blackburn and will also return to Reading in Buzz livery. Also in Blackburn is 309 which is to be converted into a driver trainer. 310 is at Hants & Dorset Trim for conversion. Also at H&DT being converted is former Reading Buses 411, which has been renumbered 311 and carries the registration RG53 BUS from a withdrawn Optare Solo.

Ex-Stagecoach North East 28032-4 (YR14 CFM/CFN/CFO) were taken out of service in December and are now in Reading Transport Ltd. ownership, numbered 440-442. They are currently being stored at Bus & Coach World.

----

According to bus times: 28033 was in service today - was on the 20.
(30 Dec 2023, 9:07 pm)Michael wrote Just seen this on another forum:

OTHER VEHICLE NEWS

Of the ex-Stagecoach North East gas-powered Scania/Enviro300s, refurbished 438 and 439 have arrived back in Reading in a new Buzz green livery, which has been devised for routes funded by Reading Borough Council and HM Government (through BSIP). Once fitted with Reading Buses systems they will enter service on route 9 which is being extended to Green Park on 2nd January.

436 and 437 are still at Bus & Coach World in Blackburn and will also return to Reading in Buzz livery. Also in Blackburn is 309 which is to be converted into a driver trainer. 310 is at Hants & Dorset Trim for conversion. Also at H&DT being converted is former Reading Buses 411, which has been renumbered 311 and carries the registration RG53 BUS from a withdrawn Optare Solo.

Ex-Stagecoach North East 28032-4 (YR14 CFM/CFN/CFO) were taken out of service in December and are now in Reading Transport Ltd. ownership, numbered 440-442. They are currently being stored at Bus & Coach World.

----

According to bus times: 28033 was in service today - was on the 20.
28032-34 have already left Sunderland. 19642 was tracking as 28033 yesterday.