You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East State Of The Fleet

Go North East State Of The Fleet

RE: State Of The Fleet
(29 Jun 2023, 10:42 am)streetdeckfan wrote The B5s have been fairly reliable on the X21 though haven't they?
Certainly much more so than the first batch of Streetdecks they replaced

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

The "apparent" rumour is that the B5s are supposed to be for the 20s when they replace them on the X21.
(29 Jun 2023, 3:15 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Well I have a feeling the people hoping for this rumour to be true will be waiting a while, cannot see new buses being bought for the X21 anytime soon

Isn't that where the Red Kite Streetdecks are going though?
(29 Jun 2023, 3:34 pm)deanmachine wrote Isn't that where the Red Kite Streetdecks are going though?

I thought the rumours were we were getting E400s!

Christ, I can't keep up with all the crap being spewed on here!
(29 Jun 2023, 4:41 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I thought the rumours were we were getting E400s!

Christ, I can't keep up with all the crap being spewed on here!

I think the E400 were just people dream allocations and something to do with the X10 or smth
What's going on wit the green arrows? One was at Washington and ones been doing rounds on the 20 today. I'm not sure if it was the same one but it's like they can't decide where to keep it?
What will the PVR be of the new services, wonder if the spares may go onto the 6.

But I defentially think the 60 needs some sort of replacement 5370/5369/73/72 are all really struggling, with 5374 starting to struggle too, wonder if they could get the 66 plate streetlites.

5370/72 was off for months and they are still the same got 5370 on the 9 it crawled.

Also do we knew if the 553 (or whatever the numbers are) are going to get a brand or corporate?
(06 Jul 2023, 8:01 pm)Unber43 wrote What will the PVR be of the new services, wonder if the spares may go onto the 6.

But I defentially think the 60 needs some sort of replacement 5370/5369/73/72 are all really struggling, with 5374 starting to struggle too, wonder if they could get the 66 plate streetlites.

5370/72 was off for months and they are still the same got 5370 on the 9 it crawled.

Also do we knew if the 553 (or whatever the numbers are) are going to get a brand or corporate?

Nobody cares, why dont you take it up with GNE instead of coming onto a forum to moan about the same usual dribble you come out with, we get it, you hate everything GNE do, no need to bang on about it 24/7
Kind Regards
Tez
(06 Jul 2023, 8:40 pm)V514DFT wrote Nobody cares, why dont you take it up with GNE instead of coming onto a forum to moan about the same usual dribble you come out with, we get it, you hate everything GNE do, no need to bang on about it 24/7

I don't hate GNE, I would still pick them over ANE and SCNE. I just don't like the direction they are going. 

Taking it up with GNE does nothing I reported 6351 not having working USBs over a year ago, still haven't been fixed
(06 Jul 2023, 8:40 pm)V514DFT wrote Nobody cares, why dont you take it up with GNE instead of coming onto a forum to moan about the same usual dribble you come out with, we get it, you hate everything GNE do, no need to bang on about it 24/7

In fairness, it’s a forum to talk about buses. So it’s not an unreasonable post to make in a thread called ‘state of the fleet’.

To be honest, it's less tedious reading their posts than the vitriol filled ones that you seem to frequently direct at Umber regardless of what they post about.  Can't you just scroll past it if you don't care?
I'm not gonna lie, USB ports that aren't working are probably at the bottom of their priority list. But yeah, there really isn't any need to be salty!
(18 Jul 2023, 11:31 am)F114TML wrote Rather amusingly, Drifter 5374 has packed in at the Wheatsheaf right outside the Stagecoach depot.
Well before it turned into the 24, it did the 26 to Hebburn, but it only ran to Jarrow where it sat for around 10 mins before dropping off the map at 10:04 then, it did the 24 from Cleadon, starting at 11:53. And its back in service a few hours later.
A forlorn looking 21 branded decker, on the hard-shoulder outside Washington Services tonight.

Was driving in the opposite direction, so didn't get to id it.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Jul 2023, 9:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote A forlorn looking 21 branded decker, on the hard-shoulder outside Washington Services tonight.

Was driving in the opposite direction, so didn't get to id it.

6330, quite possibly the worst out of all the Angel ones
Views and Opinions are my own
Those Angels are 5 years old now, I feel like they were introduced yesterday, aside the mess of the table coverings they don’t show their age passenger wise at alll

It was probably the utter mess that preceded them…omnicities, B7, Elcs, hybrids that paints a rosy picture

And when you get a 13 year old ex London bus as a replacement….they seem even better
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(18 Jul 2023, 11:55 pm)Ambassador wrote Those Angels are 5 years old now, I feel like they were introduced yesterday, aside the mess of the table coverings they don’t show their age passenger wise at alll

It was probably the utter mess that preceded them…omnicities, B7, Elcs, hybrids that paints a rosy picture

And when you get a 13 year old ex London bus as a replacement….they seem even better

From a passenger point of view they do still look decent inside and out.

From a drivers point of view there starting to show their age, some running around with constant faults. There must only be 3 or 4 that are decent from a drivers point of view now.

6330s issue last night was belt related, if I heard correctly not the first time this month either. Always been the runt of the litter that one lol
Views and Opinions are my own
(19 Jul 2023, 3:55 pm)NL62WVW wrote From a passenger point of view they do still look decent inside and out.

From a drivers point of view there starting to show their age, some running around with constant faults. There must only be 3 or 4 that are decent from a drivers point of view now.

6330s issue last night was belt related, if I heard correctly not the first time this month either. Always been the runt of the litter that one lol

Was half expecting someone to pipe up and say it was a wing-mirror problem or something.
The number of times I've seen coolant pouring out the back or steam whisping out of the bonnet to be told 'nah, didn't happen'. 'nah, had an issue with it's wing-mirror' on here... I'd be a rich man if they gave me a pound everytime they said that mind.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
RE: Could Arriva Northumbria be sold
(12 Aug 2023, 12:07 pm)Bazza wrote Is that an argument for or against GNE?

Against, GNE is a hot mess imo.

Cuts everywhere, lack of investment, second hand unrefurbished buses which are 14 year old for frontline work etc. It's in a poor shape.

The Sunderland Deptford fleet, in particular, is in poor shape. ULEZ or not and Riverside isn't much better recently apart from the 21/X21 which constantly gets investment.
(12 Aug 2023, 12:42 pm)Storx wrote Against, GNE is a hot mess imo.

Cuts everywhere, lack of investment, second hand unrefurbished buses which are 14 year old for frontline work etc. It's in a poor shape.

The Sunderland Deptford fleet, in particular, is in poor shape. ULEZ or not and Riverside isn't much better recently apart from the 21/X21 which constantly gets investment.
Could this not be down to GNE buying heavy duty buses such as B9TLs between 2011-2015? Bit like Arriva Northumbria who had Cityzens and Palatine II's worked like dogs from around 1996/97 until between 2019-2012 when withdrawn.
(12 Aug 2023, 12:42 pm)Storx wrote Against, GNE is a hot mess imo.

I would say GNE, in the past two/three years have been nothing but cuts, but this seems to be turning around, brand new routes on comerical risk, frequency improvments, then reductions and more reductions and more reducations, but then they seems to be on the uprising of increased frequency services. 

There are still a few which needs to return to the pre-reduced frequency. However I do agree on the lack of investments, I mean I saw Dan talking about dedicated school buses, but the E400 end up all over like literally everywhere. 

But I do agree GNEs fleet is massively aging and something hast to be done urgently about it
(12 Aug 2023, 3:34 pm)Unber43 wrote I would say GNE, in the past two/three years have been nothing but cuts, but this seems to be turning around, brand new routes on comerical risk, frequency improvments, then reductions and more reductions and more reducations, but then they seems to be on the uprising of increased frequency services. 

There are still a few which needs to return to the pre-reduced frequency. However I do agree on the lack of investments, I mean I saw Dan talking about dedicated school buses, but the E400 end up all over like literally everywhere. 

But I do agree GNEs fleet is massively aging and something hast to be done urgently about it

With a loss last year of over £4 million I can’t see GNE getting many new buses soon…..
(12 Aug 2023, 3:34 pm)Unber43 wrote I would say GNE, in the past two/three years have been nothing but cuts, but this seems to be turning around, brand new routes on comerical risk, frequency improvments, then reductions and more reductions and more reducations, but then they seems to be on the uprising of increased frequency services. 

Honestly, I don't really think it needs to be new buses. There's other way around it aswell, there's plenty buses which have never had a refurbishment bar sticking some new moquette in or in the case of some Streetlite's and Versa's haven't been touched in over 13 year now, some of which are on flagship routes (60 in particular).

The Coast Road B9's are an example of what you can do without buying a new fleet and is as good as new.

It's the similar with the ex London Buses. Arriva's ex London buses all had a full refurbishment and some of them you couldn't tell the difference between some of the newer stuff, especially the B7's. These new buses are coming in GoAhead London interior and it just screams old to anyone.

Must admit it does help having a uniform interior across the business rather than 20 different livery's even in some areas, especially up here, having numerous interiors, so swapping vehicles around isn't a problem as much.
(12 Aug 2023, 5:04 pm)Storx wrote Honestly, I don't really think it needs to be new buses. There's other way around it aswell, there's plenty buses which have never had a refurbishment bar sticking some new moquette in or in the case of some Streetlite's and Versa's haven't been touched in over 13 year now, some of which are on flagship routes (60 in particular).

The Coast Road B9's are an example of what you can do without buying a new fleet and is as good as new.

It's the similar with the ex London Buses. Arriva's ex London buses all had a full refurbishment and some of them you couldn't tell the difference between some of the newer stuff, especially the B7's. These new buses are coming in GoAhead London interior and it just screams old to anyone.

Must admit it does help having a uniform interior across the business rather than 20 different livery's even in some areas, especially up here, having numerous interiors, so swapping vehicles around isn't a problem as much.
They really need to stick to an interior and tbh I do like the current red one which is on the XLines and Connections 4 but I do think leather is better but GNE's old leather seats e.g on the 8/78 are just sad are hard they need a new seat which will last for atleast 8 years. 

Tbf the streetlites for their age have kept up their appearance atleast on the inside cannot say the rest for the outside, especially the rear of the Drifters which are all awful. 

For Flagship routes theyre not looked after, but having said that the interior of the Streetlites and the Citaros while they were here were much nicer than all the versas, considering when they took the Mercs off the 35 people were asking for the newer buses back and they were 3 years older.

But what do you do? You genuinely don't know the reasons why the E400s are ending up elsewhere. It could be that they have a shortage of buses on the road. Therefore, it's a good use of the E400s, rather than them sitting doing nothing in between scholars and other contract work.

As much as people on here like to believe otherwise, the vast majority of customers do not care what type of bus turns up, who the manufacturer is, what engine it has, what colour etc. They're simply looking for the bus to turn up and on time.

I do agree that the ageing issue with the fleet isn't going to get better without investment, but in order to have a business case for new buses, the Group are going to want some return from it. Not only that, they're also competing with North West, for example, where they're going to be contractually obliged to provide buses of a certain specification.

I can't see how GNE are in a position to offer a return until such a time they return to profit, so whilst enthusiasts might complain about aged deckers or whatnot, they're allowing service to be maintained.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Aug 2023, 11:16 pm)Adrian wrote But what do you do? You genuinely don't know the reasons why the E400s are ending up elsewhere. It could be that they have a shortage of buses on the road. Therefore, it's a good use of the E400s, rather than them sitting doing nothing in between scholars and other contract work.

As much as people on here like to believe otherwise, the vast majority of customers do not care what type of bus turns up, who the manufacturer is, what engine it has, what colour etc. They're simply looking for the bus to turn up and on time.

I do agree that the ageing issue with the fleet isn't going to get better without investment, but in order to have a business case for new buses, the Group are going to want some return from it. Not only that, they're also competing with North West, for example, where they're going to be contractually obliged to provide buses of a certain specification.

I can't see how GNE are in a position to offer a return until such a time they return to profit, so whilst enthusiasts might complain about aged deckers or whatnot, they're allowing service to be maintained.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

If the E400s are reliable, I see no reason why they couldn't be refurbished and put into 'front line' service. 
The one we had on the X21 was fine, the only real issue was with the seats! Oh, and it allegedly broke down, but I'm sceptical whether that really happened as it seemed to drive back to the depot fine!