You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: State Of The Fleet
(12 Jun 2023, 3:21 pm)adavies3774 wrote Do NOT upload pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For reference, we don't apply rules like that here. It's up to the photographer to ensure it was taken in a publicly accessible place or with the landowners permission.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: Bus incidents
(12 Jun 2023, 9:20 pm)Unber43 wrote wonder if its been run off the road by a car trying to come onto the Washington Highway

The thing that gets me the most about all of this. And it's quite a big thing that shocked me to be fair. 
As soon as I saw the photo, I started wondering. 

We've got a Solo on the 4 and nobody reported it after scrolling through BusTimes.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12 Jun 2023, 9:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote The thing that gets me the most about all of this. And it's quite a big thing that shocked me to be fair. 

We've got a Solo on the 4 and nobody reported it after scrolling through BusTimes.

Actually, 687 was also allocated today and checking on bustimes, seems like the solos sometimes end up on the 8.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(12 Jun 2023, 3:30 pm)Adrian wrote Day saved. Jim Scott (formerly of the Northern Echo!) has made it there:

[Image: FybieY1WAAgjkwX?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: FybiycLXwAA9QKa?format=jpg&name=small]

It always seems to be the Little Pinks which gets battered. 689 is literally stripped the whole way down at least on its doorside to the paint. And 584 hasn't been on since October. And I could swear there's a few other little pinks which have had bad collisions.
(12 Jun 2023, 9:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote The thing that gets me the most about all of this. And it's quite a big thing that shocked me to be fair. 

Big Grin Big Grin

(12 Jun 2023, 9:20 pm)Unber43 wrote wonder if its been run off the road by a car trying to come onto the Washington Highway

Could have been anything to be fair. That's what accident investigations are for.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(27 Jun 2023, 8:54 am)nova347 wrote A bus has hit a bridge on the train line between Sunderland and Newcastle.

A North East Coach Travel DAF going by the pictures I've seen.

It happened in the Felling area.
(14 Jul 2023, 9:18 am)Adrian wrote Given it's published in SGM, I'd take the story with a pinch of salt.

totally agree. 

also if it wasn't for that driver it could have been a lot worse
(28 Jul 2023, 1:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66318718

Tragic. Utterly tragic.

Don't want to excuse what's happened as it's sad and incomprehensible but the fact the doors not picking up a walking stick seems a bit of a design flaw. Surely it should be, that could've been a middle door in London. I know something similar happened on the Metro with a passenger being stuck and injuries, believe it happened at Jarrow, and they had to make changes.
(28 Jul 2023, 8:52 pm)Storx wrote Don't want to excuse what's happened as it's sad and incomprehensible but the fact the doors not picking up a walking stick seems a bit of a design flaw. Surely it should be, that could've been a middle door in London. I know something similar happened on the Metro with a passenger being stuck and injuries, believe it happened at Jarrow, and they had to make changes.

Yeah, I don't know how or why the doors didn't pick up the obstruction. 
Dunno how the driver didn't see a walking stick poking through as he checked his surroundings before moving away from the stop 
But ultimately, we weren't there and can only picture the scene from the reports. 

A tragic incident. Horrific for all involved. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66342449

The family have released a statement.

As far as the Metro goes, I actually had a similar incident myself about 30 years ago when I was a young whippersnapper.
We played a game where you ran out of one door and had to make it to the next before they closed.
The further you ran, the more Kudos you got.
Dunno how he did it, but the driver managed to close the doors of the set (all the others were open) with my foot stuck in the door and protruding out on to the platform.
Whether it was by design or fault, he didn't move off and I eventually got my foot through the door and in to the carriage.
(14 Sep 2023, 5:45 am)nova347 wrote What happened to 6301, it was in an incident at Easington Lane, anyone know what happened? https://flickr.com/photos/106787143@N05/...v8-2p2M4ED

Going off the description, nothing happened with 6301, it was just stuck unable to proceed due to a RTC resulting in the road being closed in front of it.

6301 currently tracking on the 50 this morning.