You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Jesmond Depot
(17 Dec 2022, 5:16 am)Dan wrote I note that a styled PDF timetable is available on the GNE website for the new 682 service being provided in Hexham in the new year.

Perhaps indicates something is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good news!
From  the  VOSA site

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...1&limit=50

Date received 09 Dec 2002
Effecitive date 22 Jan 2023

PB0002404/401
New
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Newcastle Eldon Square
Hexham Bus Station

PB0002404/403
Registered
Brampton Market Place
Carlisle Bus Station

PC0002407/186
Variation
STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LIMITED
CA685 (685, 685)
Carlisle
Brampton

PB0002032/61
Cancellation
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
1685 (685)
Newcastle
Hexham

PB0002032/533
Cancellation
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
3685 (685)
Brampton
Carlisle

PB0002032/63
Cancellation
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
2685 (685)
Hexham
Brampton

PC0002407/349
Variation
CA685BH (685)
Brampton
Hexham

PC0002407/350
Variation
CA685HN (685)
Hexham
Newcastle

PB0002404/402
New
685BH (685)
Hexham Bus Station
Brampton Market

3 cancellations for Arriva
3 new for Busways
3 variations for Stagecoach (North West)
Seen someone mention something before and it's always been the general message that Arriva chose to leave Jesmond but curious was this actually ever the case or was it more so they had to leave the place since the lease was up and they had no intention of letting them be there long term so had to no choice?

Obviously beyond that Walkergate became uneconomical to open and then something went wrong at Ashington, anyway know the story there? As it's not been mentioned much either.
(03 Aug 2023, 7:26 pm)Storx wrote Seen someone mention something before and it's always been the general message that Arriva chose to leave Jesmond but curious was this actually ever the case or was it more so they had to leave the place since the lease was up and they had no intention of letting them be there long term so had to no choice?

Obviously beyond that Walkergate became uneconomical to open and then something went wrong at Ashington, anyway know the story there? As it's not been mentioned much either.

On a slightly connected note, I noticed the old Loftus depot has a 'to let' sign on the security fencing.
Think it's a fairly new addition.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Aug 2023, 8:27 pm)Andreos1 wrote On a slightly connected note, I noticed the old Loftus depot has a 'to let' sign on the security fencing.
Think it's a fairly new addition.

Not sure why you'd want to let that. Isn't it effectively wasteland unless it's changed since the last time I've been up there.
(03 Aug 2023, 8:50 pm)Storx wrote Not sure why you'd want to let that. Isn't it effectively wasteland unless it's changed since the last time I've been up there.

Nope, still exactly the same as it has been for, well ages.
(03 Aug 2023, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote Nope, still exactly the same as it has been for, well ages.

Just had a look on Google Maps, looks like it's been tidied up. Still had the old frame up with a temporary fence last time I was there, admit I'm rarely along there as there's no real reason to be there.

Mind I'm really surpised houses haven't been built on it seems an ideal spot.

Totally off topic but the pub next door has a right sad timeline. Nice open pub -> removal men -> abandoned -> more abandoned -> falling apart.
(03 Aug 2023, 9:06 pm)Storx wrote Just had a look on Google Maps, looks like it's been tidied up. Still had the old frame up with a temporary fence last time I was there, admit I'm rarely along there as there's no real reason to be there.

Mind I'm really surpised houses haven't been built on it seems an ideal spot.

Totally off topic but the pub next door has a right sad timeline. Nice open pub -> removal men -> abandoned -> more abandoned -> falling apart.

Bizarrely, the pub still had leccy earlier this year. Assume someone had broken in and turned the lights on. Was weeks before anything was done about it and was either turned off/bulbs popped/disconnected.

That's to let too.