You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Upcoming Repaints
(23 Aug 2023, 1:04 pm)Michael wrote X20?, wasn't there rumours of it coming back?

You would think it would either be in the old livery or some sort of purple one

6301-6307 could go on either the X20, X5/X15 or X71/X72
(23 Aug 2023, 1:24 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote I doubt that they would put the same Streetdecks back onto the X5/X15

Do those deckers still have the X5/X15 branding on the inside still?
(23 Aug 2023, 2:07 pm)nova347 wrote Do those deckers still have the X5/X15 branding on the inside still?

I think one of them do but I'm not sure. Never catch'd one since they went

After looking 6306 still has the branding
Has anyone actually confirmed this is a loop one and not one of the new ones. They literally look the same.

There's also a pink one next to it...
(23 Aug 2023, 4:05 pm)Storx wrote Has anyone actually confirmed this is a loop one and not one of the new ones. They literally look the same.

There's also a pink one next to it...

You can tell its a Loop as the window layout is different to the recent one's. Also the Seats look different
[Image: image.png]
(23 Aug 2023, 4:14 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote You can tell its a Loop as the window layout is different to the recent one's. Also the Seats look different
[Image: image.png]

Aye your right just had a check and the 60 plates aren't in the new layout either (indicator in a different position, number plate not behind glass etc). There was a change due to new laws around then must've been 2011 as the two batches of Gemini's at Blyth are different to cover it, similar with the Pulsars.
(23 Aug 2023, 12:44 pm)Unber43 wrote Do you have a photo? Also deckers on the sunderland connect is not possible as they go under the bridge at the Stadium of Light. Pretty sure GNE had a bridge strike there a good few years ago

Sunderland Connect 701 is going double decker from September, so it could be correct
(23 Aug 2023, 5:50 pm)Retro Nero wrote Sunderland Connect 701 is going double decker from September, so it could be correct

Well then it will be then..probably atleast, wonder if the 700's could also get a re-brand go along side with it
(23 Aug 2023, 5:50 pm)Retro Nero wrote Sunderland Connect 701 is going double decker from September, so it could be correct

Looks like the Sunderland Connect will get another refresh then.

I think:

700 - 1 PVR
701 - 2 PVR

Wonder if 2 deckers will be done and wonder if the 2 spare "Sunderland Connect" solos will end up staying at Deptford for spares.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Aug 2023, 6:10 pm)Michael wrote Looks like the Sunderland Connect will get another refresh then.

I think:

700 - 1 PVR
701 - 2 PVR

Wonder if 2 deckers will be done and wonder if the 2 spare "Sunderland Connect" solos will end up staying at Deptford for spares.
Solo's could also end up on the Rocket's if the some solos are going off
(23 Aug 2023, 6:17 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Solo's could also end up on the Rocket's if the some solos are going off

Oh aye forgot about those services, probs end up going on those then.

Wonder if anymore solo services will be upgraded to bigger single deckers or double deckers?

-----------

What year did the Sunderland Connect start to run?

Edit: Looks like it was 2012 - GNE have done well to keep the contract for that long, they must be doing something right!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Aug 2023, 6:23 pm)Michael wrote What year did the Sunderland Connect start to run?

Edit: Looks like it was 2012 - GNE have done well to keep the contract for that long, they must be doing something right!

2011 after looking on flickr
(23 Aug 2023, 6:46 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote 2011 after looking on flickr

Must be popular, if its still running after almost 12 years!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Aug 2023, 7:17 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote So with a lot of people thinking that the Geminis are for the Sunderland Connect 701. If thats a PVR of 2 then that leaves 5 Loops. Where do they go? Potentially fleet livery or new brand maybes?
THey only need 5 for the X20 with 1 spare included in that
(23 Aug 2023, 6:23 pm)Michael wrote What year did the Sunderland Connect start to run?

I got told a while back that its not a straightforward contract, and that it is only partially funded by Nexus, the Uni is a big contributer too, with it being roughly thirds or something with GNE taking the rest commercially. This is why the contract constantly adapts rather than going with the cheapest.
JH had the 701 which was the quickest as 700/702 took 25 mins from Clanny House to St Peters (you could walk it in 30 mins). JH are a close partner with the Uni they do the open days and all trips with the SU and sports competitions. My source is an employee who works at the SU...so may not be 100% accurate, happy to be corrected if anyone has different or opposing info.

(23 Aug 2023, 6:57 pm)Michael wrote Must be popular, if its still running after almost 12 years!
Popular isn't the word....I prefer well utilised necessity. Lets be frank here the 700/701/702 is to connect Clanny House with the Uni Campuses (with 1000+ people living there), The Forge accommodation nearby too - they are not there to make money as 95% of the passengers don't pay and use their Uni ID Card. Yes there are other useful links these routes go such as The hospital,  Stadium and Glass Centre i'm guessing nexus had their input there.

Also I was talking to a driver on the 135/136 ages ago and she said most drivers hate driving the Sunderland Connect do to the reliability of the service and shear mass of people using it. JH drivers also weren't the most keen on shuttling students you could tell by some of their attitudes (I reported one driver for being aresy and rude to all passengers, including some who wanted to pay as they weren't a student).
(23 Aug 2023, 10:56 pm)Unber43 wrote Wonder if it will be required to get USB's
probably not required in contract but GNE may prefer to put em in

(23 Aug 2023, 11:13 pm)nova347 wrote Its always rammed whenever I see it.
The service haemorrhages time (frequently 20+ mins late running in pairs) and money so its a bit ironic isn't it. 
8-11 am and 2-5pm are the worst for over crowding, bigger buses will help, faster route of 701 becoming standard over the 700 tour of the city will help but frequency reduction, surely they're shooting themselves in the foot there...
(24 Aug 2023, 4:35 am)Retro Nero wrote Connect solo's are heading to Percy Main for the Rockets

Will be interesting to see if the blue (I presume) solos will be painted into corporate or the defunct purple.
(24 Aug 2023, 10:49 am)ne14ne1 wrote Will be interesting to see if the blue (I presume) solos will be painted into corporate or the defunct purple.
Im pretty sure they need more than 3 Solos
(24 Aug 2023, 10:51 am)Unber43 wrote Im pretty sure they need more than 3 Solos

No idea, my point was more that not all vehicles need to be route branded, (and especially not spares too).
This is even more so the case for a group of new routes, as only time will tell if they’re successful and the PVR remains. 

Surely they’ll either just stick their rocket stickers to whatever colour the ex Sunderland Connect buses are currently, or repaint them into Corporate colours, rather than paint them into ex-Orbit purple.
(24 Aug 2023, 12:36 pm)ne14ne1 wrote No idea, my point was more that not all vehicles need to be route branded, especially not spares too. 
Even more so for a group of new routes, as only time will tell if they’re successful and the PVR remains. 
Surely they’ll either just stick their rocket stickers to whatever colour the ex Sunderland Connect buses are currently, or repaint them into Corporate colours, rather than paint them into ex-Orbit purple.

If the Solo's are going on the 335/351/359, they could be gone in a year. They're all subsidised services and GCT, always likes a good service in North Tyneside.