You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Driving Standards of late
(28 Aug 2023, 10:27 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote If this is factually true... I would advise to contact GNE directly 

Don't worry the CCTV onboard will back your account of the story 

But GNE can also learn from this experience too and add it into their training

I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I applaud the ingenuity but the reversing and then erratic speeding down towards Chester less so
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(28 Aug 2023, 10:47 pm)Ambassador wrote I’ll drop them a note. The reversing was more concerning, a passenger offered to direct him. I’d be amazed if the van passenger who was filming the manoeuvre failed to report it, he was so close to wiping him out. 

I applaud the ingenuity but the reversing and then erratic speeding down towards Chester less so

I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off
(29 Aug 2023, 8:12 am)Rob44 wrote I'm surprised he "sped" anywhere with buses they put on the 28/29..... can hardly get up the bank ?? whitehall road" in Bensham never mind speed off

All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am)Ambassador wrote All downhill from beamish towards Chester! THe streetlite rattle was deafening!

Never travelled south passed Birtley on the28/29.  Rumour has it if you travel to CLS on either bus you miss two of you birthdays as it takes that long!
(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)ne14ne1 wrote

Can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy of someone parked on a pavement on double yellows filming a bus doing something wrong. They also seem to have a lot of videos of people having road rage. I prefer to just smirk and keep driving rather than fight with people on the roads, it's better for your blood pressure.
(14 Oct 2023, 10:01 pm)idiot wrote I'd argue the SC bus did to. The delay on red light changes is awfully long these days.

The SC bus prob went through either as they were changing or just before they changed. That's if the lights are anything like a lot of the ones in Sunderland, where the instant one set turns red, the next set go red+amber.
It's entirely posdible the GNE bus couldn't have stopped for the red without slamming the brakes on (which has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit)

Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?
https://youtu.be/Ew6T_EzrI_M?feature=shared
(15 Oct 2023, 9:42 am)F114TML wrote Also can someone please enlighten me as to what the bus did wrong?
https://youtu.be/Ew6T_EzrI_M?feature=shared

Normally, you should indicate when changing lanes, unless you're driving a BMW. You'd still only do so when there's a gap.

Looking at the clip, the bus driver had already committed to the left lane before swerving back across the right turn lane, impeding the dashcammer's progress in the meantime.

I'd say this is more of an event than some of those red light jumps, where it can be more dangerous to slam the anchors on at amber.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Oct 2023, 11:57 am)Adrian wrote Normally, you should indicate when changing lanes, unless you're driving a BMW. You'd still only do so when there's a gap.

Looking at the clip, the bus driver had already committed to the left lane before swerving back across the right turn lane, impeding the dashcammer's progress in the meantime.

I'd say this is more of an event than some of those red light jumps, where it can be more dangerous to slam the anchors on at amber.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Haven't laughed at a more true sentence haha