You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(24 Aug 2023, 3:08 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Another one has entered service unsure of what but is tracking as 19672 which is at Sunderland I believe. Looks like once they’re finally all here they’ll be used on the service 1. I am surprised it’s the 196**’s that seem to be going I would have thought it would have been the 194**’s as they’re older.

11617 is tracking as 19672 today.
(25 Aug 2023, 5:46 pm)V514DFT wrote 22 diverting along Middle Engine Lane again?

It's only temporarily, and towards Throckley only - the westbound sliproad at Churchill Street is closed.
19674 (the real one) is back out operating the 40 from Walkergate this evening - either tracking as 12062 or following it and not tracking, unsure which. Maybe SNE have been reading this thread and remmebered it was meant to be the 120xx's that were gotten rid of!
(25 Aug 2023, 6:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote 27809 has finally received a long-awaited MOT and entered service today on the 101/12/10/101 working

That certainly took a while!  Was beginning to think it would suffer the same fate as 22412/22437 etc and be unused with a fresh coat of paint
(25 Aug 2023, 6:12 pm)Thomas12 wrote It's only temporarily, and towards Throckley only - the westbound sliproad at Churchill Street is closed.

Ahhhhh right gotcha,cheers Thomas
Kind Regards
Tez
(25 Aug 2023, 6:20 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote 19674 (the real one) is back out operating the 40 from Walkergate this evening - either tracking as 12062 or following it and not tracking, unsure which.  Maybe SNE have been reading this thread and remmebered it was meant to be the 120xx's that were gotten rid of!

would make too much sense that decision
(26 Aug 2023, 1:13 am)glen wrote Are you saying the E400 60 reg are going down south? Then

nothing has been said for definite but saying as alot of the 196 batch are getting removed from service, it looks like they are going somewhere
Hi sorry it later are the 60 reg E400 go south then I read it somewhere if they there are are to from going to then?
(29 Aug 2023, 4:59 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote 39711 tracking on service 22 today. Guessing a new bus with its base plate? Can’t actually be that bus due to CAZ.

Believe it’s a repainted 19671 as I passed that on a 22 and it’s not tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(29 Aug 2023, 1:13 am)glen wrote Hi sorry it later are the 60 reg E400 go south then I read it somewhere if they there are are to from going to then?

Not going, staying up here now instead

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Shame I liked the Hybrids from a passenger perspective. Sounded more peaceful than the standard diesels, although I wondered if Manchester’s hybrids were from a different batch/year or had their batteries renewed as a couple I experienced seemed better than ours.
(23 Aug 2023, 7:31 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Doubt it, we (slatyford depot) don’t have enough drivers for all the other services. Constantly still have services with buses missing, getting took off half way through the day because there’s not enough drivers. The depot constantly asking drivers to work rest days but it’s not mandatory and why should drivers work their days off when we don’t have to. Unless there’s a big influx of drivers I can’t ever see it coming back.

Would driver shortage be the reason why when Arriva gave up the 685, with 3 buses, Slatyford put out 2 buses and Carlisle picked up the 3rd bus allocation, Carlisle having less of a driver shortage?
(02 Sep 2023, 8:46 am)Brampton Trev wrote Would driver shortage be the reason why when Arriva gave up the 685, with 3 buses, Slatyford put out 2 buses and Carlisle picked up the 3rd bus allocation, Carlisle having less of a driver shortage?

Couldn’t say for sure but they always seem to be able to operate their 3 all the time so it must be better over there. Saying that if there are people off sick on holiday etc that are meant to do the 685 at slatyford people are took off other routes to cover it so could be the same over there as the 685 is required to operate over other routes (must be part of the contract when SNE took it from Arriva). Easier for say a bus on 10/11 62/63 to be missing on a frequent service than a bus to be missing on that long route.
(02 Sep 2023, 1:12 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote Couldn’t say for sure but they always seem to be able to operate their 3 all the time so it must be better over there. Saying that if there are people off sick on holiday etc that are meant to do the 685 at slatyford people are took off other routes to cover it so could be the same over there as the 685 is required to operate over other routes (must be part of the contract when SNE took it from Arriva). Easier for say a bus on 10/11 62/63 to be missing on a frequent service than a bus to be missing on that long route.

If there is a driver shortage at Carlisle, it is the Carlisle city services that sacrifice a driver.  It is unusual for a country service to have a bus missing through driver shortage.
(02 Sep 2023, 5:02 pm)glen wrote I saw on buses time 12077 at Stockton is that right?

Hasn’t moved from Walkergate depot since it did a 22 on Tuesday morning

(02 Sep 2023, 9:23 pm)glen wrote Thanks for info mate so was it wrong then.

I just looked at it’s tracking on bustimes and soon deduced that it hadn’t moved…