Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
Trespassing | North East Buses

Skip to main content

RE: Trespassing
Couple of weeks ago, again, some Nexus minion also decided to question me at Gateshead after I was walking around the perimeter at the bottom by the Quaylink stand area with my camera in my hand, not even taking a photo. Went on saying that I wasn't allowed to take photos anywhere in the interchange at all. Told him the usual about it being a public place, no written signs to enforce it, etc, etc - the works. He then babbled his words 'oh, oh, okay, just don't be going on the roads...'. Its actually getting ridiculous now.

I might as well be giving out printed out cards with my response, stating I know the road is lava. Geez.

Its understandable the safety aspect, i.e. the X66 stand with three angles buses approaching, but to be stopped hiding my camera. Its tuned into a point scoring game.

Stick to pavements, no coming off the footpaths to get a bus sat in its stand. Simples.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 10:15 pm)mattdw92 wrote Couple of weeks ago, again, some Nexus minion also decided to question me at Gateshead after I was walking around the perimeter at the bottom by the Quaylink stand area with my camera in my hand, not even taking a photo. Went on saying that I wasn't allowed to take photos anywhere in the interchange at all. Told him the usual about it being a public place, no written signs to enforce it, etc, etc - the works. He then babbled his words 'oh, oh, okay, just don't be going on the roads...'. Its actually getting ridiculous now.

I might as well be giving out printed out cards with my response, stating I know the road is lava. Geez.

Its understandable the safety aspect, i.e. the X66 stand with three angles buses approaching, but to be stopped hiding my camera. Its tuned into a point scoring game.

Stick to pavements, no coming off the footpaths to get a bus sat in its stand. Simples.

Yet to actually be confronted, myself! Do think from stories that bus station supervisors are taking the ruling one step too far mind.
Re: RE: Trespassing
(02 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm)Dan wrote Yet to actually be confronted, myself! Do think from stories that bus station supervisors are taking the ruling one step too far mind.

What I've been told is its something that's come from Nexus management, rather than a couple of vigilante security guards. I'm yet to find out how the policy came about, and I've got a couple avenues of communication open at the moment. I'll post once I get something interesting back.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm)Dan wrote Yet to actually be confronted, myself! Do think from stories that bus station supervisors are taking the ruling one step too far mind.

Its like they get paid on commission for the amount of times they nudge someone.
(02 Feb 2014, 10:55 pm)aureolin wrote What I've been told is its something that's come from Nexus management, rather than a couple of vigilante security guards. I'm yet to find out how the policy came about, and I've got a couple avenues of communication open at the moment. I'll post once I get something interesting back.

This is it, if they publish something or erect notices about it, then fair play I hold my hands up and will take photos elsewhere. They can't just keep moaning.
Site Administrator
(02 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm)mattdw92 wrote This is it, if they publish something or erect notices about it, then fair play I hold my hands up and will take photos elsewhere. They can't just keep moaning.

I've said this from Day 1 in regards to bus station photography. I have been with enthusiasts in the past (not taking photographs myself) who have been told where they can and cannot take photographs in bus stations, but it seems to differ depending on the person saying it!

Must say I think there should be one designated point at each bus station (where appropriate) where photography is permitted - would make it easier for both parties instead of varying rules and overprotective supervisors.
Here's my two penneth as an outsider.

Photography has taken off and increased in popularity over the years.
Since the introduction of digital images, it has become easier and more affordable to take part.
Once the hobby of a select few who could afford the kit and could arrange for their photos to developed, young kids are joining in with cheap digitals, teenagers with a bigger disposable income are becoming more adventurous with the kit they have and twenty/thirty something's can afford to take part too.

Around the same time, the anti-terrorism laws started coming into place.

Paranoia started to increase with members of the public becoming concerned about either themselves or young kids appearing in shots.
Human rights is suddenly a buzz word.

Over zealous officials, either under a self of importance or paranoia, will stop whoever they fancy from taking photos, whilst not understanding the rules or regulations in place.
Whilst at the same time, bosses state no public photography is allowed - record our movements with an endless supply of cctv recording equipment.

All of this, coupled with one or two over enthusiastic enthusiasts, running around bus stations going to places they shouldn't be and officials worried they are going to face corporate manslaughter charges.
A reactive organisation, once aware of incidents suddenly become paranoid about possible outcomes.

The end result?

Exactly what the photographers amongst us are facing now.

Forms may be filled in, granting permission, but once too many of those are completed, we end up back at square one.

Time to be more adventurous and creative with photos I think.
The days of bus station photos appear to be over, no matter how frustrating it is.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Feb 2014, 9:06 am)andreos1 wrote Here's my two penneth as an outsider.

Photography has taken off and increased in popularity over the years.
Since the introduction of digital images, it has become easier and more affordable to take part.
Once the hobby of a select few who could afford the kit and could arrange for their photos to developed, young kids are joining in with cheap digitals, teenagers with a bigger disposable income are becoming more adventurous with the kit they have and twenty/thirty something's can afford to take part too.

Around the same time, the anti-terrorism laws started coming into place.

Paranoia started to increase with members of the public becoming concerned about either themselves or young kids appearing in shots.
Human rights is suddenly a buzz word.

Over zealous officials, either under a self of importance or paranoia, will stop whoever they fancy from taking photos, whilst not understanding the rules or regulations in place.
Whilst at the same time, bosses state no public photography is allowed - record our movements with an endless supply of cctv recording equipment.

All of this, coupled with one or two over enthusiastic enthusiasts, running around bus stations going to places they shouldn't be and officials worried they are going to face corporate manslaughter charges.
A reactive organisation, once aware of incidents suddenly become paranoid about possible outcomes.

The end result?

Exactly what the photographers amongst us are facing now.

Forms may be filled in, granting permission, but once too many of those are completed, we end up back at square one.

Time to be more adventurous and creative with photos I think.
The days of bus station photos appear to be over, no matter how frustrating it is.
I have noticed depending on the county your in you can take photos in Bus Station, Greater Manchester you can but Merseyside you cant.
(17 Nov 2013, 11:32 am)Michael wrote They won't because it's his human rights...

I agree, even though i have nothing against him and i personally don't go out taking pictures of buses, i agree something needs to be done.

He doesn't have 'human rights' to trespass or do anything on private property that the land owner doesn't want him to do.
Site Administrator
(06 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Oh look, my mention of my car being vandelised by toerags has reached another forum lol.

Just getting the word out!! Wink

Just as a follow up from the previous screenshots, another post has emerged relating to the Metrocentre incident - see attached.
.png fb_convo3.png
(07 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm)Dan wrote Just getting the word out!! Wink

Just as a follow up from the previous screenshots, another post has emerged relating to the Metrocentre incident - see attached.

That's sounds like Bazza to me, Witnessed him doing it Numerous Times over the Past Year when I bumped into him in Newcastle etc.
(07 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm)Dan wrote Just getting the word out!! Wink

Is it just me, or is this the 3rd side to the same story?

(07 Feb 2014, 7:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote That's sounds like Bazza to me, Witnessed him doing it Numerous Times over the Past Year when I bumped into him in Newcastle etc.

I'm in no way condoning running onto the road (if it even happened! - I doubt it, this is the 3rd account of events), but I think we need to avoid naming individuals. It'll just end up being the older vs newer generation argument again...
(07 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm)aureolin wrote I'm in no way condoning running onto the road (if it even happened! - I doubt it, this is the 3rd account of events), but I think we need to avoid naming individuals. It'll just end up being the older vs newer generation argument again...

That's true, but I would say it is rather obvious when you take in account previous acts of Trespassing by this Individual though.
Site Administrator
(07 Feb 2014, 7:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote That's true, but I would say it is rather obvious when you take in account previous acts of Trespassing by this Individual though.

Given the unemployment dig, I'd suggest it was the other person mentioned on the post.
For once, I don't think it's Bazza either. I've checked his photos from the Metrocentre and there certainly no photos of a Blaydon Racer on the Ten.

Plus I don't think Bazza would become cocky with the police and the fact he told me yesterday that he was hoping his dad would get him a job in the engineering firm that he works at.

Basically you will get an idea of who I think it is when you sit down with a nice cup of coffee.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
If I told everyone it was me, would it end the witch hunt and let everyone get on with their lives, photos, shopping or whatever else people get upto?
(07 Feb 2014, 7:44 pm)andreos1 wrote If I told everyone it was me, would it end the witch hunt and let everyone get on with their lives, photos, shopping or whatever else people get upto?

You dont take photos do you?
(07 Feb 2014, 7:44 pm)andreos1 wrote If I told everyone it was me, would it end the witch hunt and let everyone get on with their lives, photos, shopping or whatever else people get upto?

Are you young and well known (outside of Fencehouses)?
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
(07 Feb 2014, 7:47 pm)Tom wrote You dont take photos do you?

(07 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Are you young and well known (outside of Fencehouses)?

If it means 'the community' (making it sound like a gay hangout) stop with the finger pointing, accusations (possibly false accusations) and the general blaming of everyone who takes photos - yes, I do take photos; yes, I am young; yes, I am well known outside of Fencehouses Smile
(07 Feb 2014, 8:06 pm)andreos1 wrote If it means 'the community' (making it sound like a gay hangout) stop with the finger pointing, accusations (possibly false accusations) and the general blaming of everyone who takes photos - yes, I do take photos; yes, I am young; yes, I am well known outside of Fencehouses Smile

Common sense - thank you. All this bitching and finger pointing is really making people as bad as the alleged offenders. Leave the authorities to deal with them and move on.
(07 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I think it's because people are worried about the knock on effect that it may cause as the actions of one person might affected many others who aren't at fault.

The horse bolted a long time ago with that one...

As I said the other day, the behaviour of others may have had some impact in decision making - it wont be the only factor.
The basic facts (however one looks at it) ---

I am Mr Intu. I own the Metrocentre. Some devilishly handsome folk are taking photos of broken down bendy buses in my shiny new bus station with its Subway, vending machines and pan pipe music.

I don't like this photo taking. It's my property, my land. Get out. I don't have to give you a reason. I can ask you to leave my property at any point. You might have looked at me funny in House of Fraser. I don't care. You are gone.

Now my good friend PC Plodder might say he won't arrest you and that is quite fine but it remains a civil matter and I as the landowner don't want you on my land so off you go. I order you to leave, but you won't go. PC Plodder comes back, he'll be forced to advise you to leave or you'll be arrested.

I'm not breaching any human rights you hold, that quite frankly is bollocks. I am not discriminating against you. You are taking unauthorised photos on my premises and at times you are putting yourself at risk....think of my insurance man!!

Oh hang on there's an idea...I'll charge you for an authorised permit. £40 a year and you can take as many photos of broken down bendy buses accompanied by pan pipe music and access to shiny vending machines
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Feb 2014, 12:43 am)gtom wrote The basic facts (however one looks at it) ---

I am Mr Intu. I own the Metrocentre. Some devilishly handsome folk are taking photos of broken down bendy buses in my shiny new bus station with its Subway, vending machines and pan pipe music.

I don't like this photo taking. It's my property, my land. Get out. I don't have to give you a reason. I can ask you to leave my property at any point. You might have looked at me funny in House of Fraser. I don't care. You are gone.

Now my good friend PC Plodder might say he won't arrest you and that is quite fine but it remains a civil matter and I as the landowner don't want you on my land so off you go. I order you to leave, but you won't go. PC Plodder comes back, he'll be forced to advise you to leave or you'll be arrested.

I'm not breaching any human rights you hold, that quite frankly is bollocks. I am not discriminating against you. You are taking unauthorised photos on my premises and at times you are putting yourself at risk....think of my insurance man!!

Oh hang on there's an idea...I'll charge you for an authorised permit. £40 a year and you can take as many photos of broken down bendy buses accompanied by pan pipe music and access to shiny vending machines

We need a like button...Big Grin
Just having a quick look on Flickr to see if anyone uploaded any photos today locally as I always do, And I spotted that GNE's Favourite Go2Guy for Promotional Photographs has been doing quite a bit Trespassing at Gateshead Interchange Today, For example in middle of the Road next the 58 Stand and on Layover Opposite along with Central Island opposite the X66 Stand. But really hacks me off is that nothing will be said about this Enthusiast as he is well known and respected in the Local Area, Yet if the shoe was on the other foot and this was Bazza, Then he'd be getting no end of Grief on here and in Public, and also getting letters from Nexus etc, Total disgrace in my opinion. This Enthusiast had no need to go into the Middle of the Road/Centre Island, He of quite easily achieved those shots by standing on the Corner of the 58/X66 stand and Zooming in, And then Editing the Photo if needs be, if he has that Facility on his Camera.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2
(24 Feb 2014, 6:26 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just having a quick look on Flickr to see if anyone uploaded any photos today locally as I always do, And I spotted that GNE's Favourite Go2Guy for Promotional Photographs has been doing quite a bit Trespassing at Gateshead Interchange Today, For example in middle of the Road next the 58 Stand and on Layover Opposite along with Central Island opposite the X66 Stand. But really hacks me off is that nothing will be said about this Enthusiast as he is well known and respected in the Local Area, Yet if the shoe was on the other foot and this was Bazza, Then he'd be getting no end of Grief on here and in Public, and also getting letters from Nexus etc, Total disgrace in my opinion. This Enthusiast had no need to go into the Middle of the Road/Centre Island, He of quite easily achieved those shots by standing on the Corner of the 58/X66 stand and Zooming in, And then Editing the Photo if needs be, if he has that Facility on his Camera.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2

As things stand it's trespass. I don't know him personally, but others have said he's quite (rightly) vocal about trespass, and idiots running on the road and such. If that's the case then he should really know better himself. It may also be the case he has written permission from Nexus? I doubt it but who knows. Agree with the point you make on the comparison with Bazza though Adam.

I hope things with Nexus will change soon enough, but I'll post some news when I have some.
(24 Feb 2014, 7:18 pm)aureolin wrote As things stand it's trespass. I don't know him personally, but others have said he's quite (rightly) vocal about trespass, and idiots running on the road and such. If that's the case then he should really know better himself. It may also be the case he has written permission from Nexus? I doubt it but who knows. Agree with the point you make on the comparison with Bazza though Adam.

I hope things with Nexus will change soon enough, but I'll post some news when I have some.

With regards to Bazza I think I make a very valid point, and other Enthusiasts should seriously take note of this, It's the First and Certainly won't be the Last Time I make this comparison. I generally don't understand how this guy can be so vocal about trespassing, yet go out of his way to get photos in areas of the Bus Station which simply off limits to the Public, and then also endangering not only himself, but those who are Driving Buses in/out of the Bus Station, Just from looking at his Photos again he has also done it at the MetroCentre also, Makes you wonder if it was who got pulled over a few weeks back for taking Photos.
Just to point out NERBP is ran by a number of people. So it might not even have been Steven taking the photos. Although part of NERBP admin team on facebook and creating the banner for it, I'm not however part of the NERBP Flickr uploader team rather keeping my GJM Photogenic site seperate.