You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Former Fleet Members Living On

RE: Go North East: Former Fleet Members Living On
(08 Oct 2023, 8:28 pm)Busu284 wrote Ex Gne solar. NK55 OLM owned by County Durham Bus Preservation Group. It appeared for the X85 farewell and has appeared at each North East rally this year

Didn't even know the group existed. Never mind that particular bus being in preservation. 

Tend not to bother with the rallies these days to be honest.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(21 Mar 2024, 8:48 pm)Unber43 wrote I thought they were going to Manchester too

Perhaps the plan changed - TfGM certainly bought the ex-Oxford Hybrids (and Stagecoach are using them as a result), but the difference between those and the GNE examples is that the GNE ones were only Euro 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(22 Mar 2024, 9:27 pm)F114TML wrote They've painted the window blacks to look like the MMCs, bless.

Didn't notice that - horrid livery all round, hopefully we get something a bit nicer if we ever get a franchise system up here.  There's much nicer versions of yeloow based liveries that spring to mind.
(23 Mar 2024, 10:07 am)F114TML wrote Probably get Battleship Grey & Red.

Or in keeping with "Franchise Yellow" perhaps a nice yellow and white PTE livery to return
(01 Apr 2024, 8:03 pm)Retro Nero wrote Former Solos 637 & 638 back at Deptford, sorry no pictures

Which service will they end up on?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Apr 2024, 6:22 am)Ianthegoon wrote Former Go North East Scania L94UP NK54NVX (5224) has been reported with Gwent Vales.

Been with them for some time, I got a picture last August when on loan to Coach Events Services from Gwent Vales
(08 Jul 2024, 4:28 pm)WestDurhamSwift wrote Few images on this gentlemens flickr or various GNE buses at the scrapyard

Beleive the green bus behind the omnidekka is  5498

https://flickr.com/photos/158553338@N03/53800024406/

I thought 5498 was the red spare originally...obviously they are all red now. I'm sure there was one that caught fire maybe...?