You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(26 Oct 2023, 11:53 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote A message to Go North East passengers from Unite.
Should be posted across FB
(26 Oct 2023, 12:24 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Judging by the lack of support for the strikes on social media, I can't imagine that going well for Unite!

Maybe that's why they're doing this? 
If there's two sides of the story, it may help sway the opinions of one or two people on social media. 

Assuming the people on social media aren't shills in the first place.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(26 Oct 2023, 1:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe that's why they're doing this? 
If there's two sides of the story, it may help sway the opinions of one or two people on social media. 

Assuming the people on social media aren't shills in the first place.
If this is the aim, which I assume it is and could lead the frustration and anger to GNE management itself, and possibly in the newspapers, theyre not going a good job spreading it I havent seen it yet I literally typed "Unite Union" and "Go North East" yet to see it
(26 Oct 2023, 12:24 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Judging by the lack of support for the strikes on social media, I can't imagine that going well for Unite!

Limited support on Facebook but that's full of right wing poorly educated meme sharers 

I think the leaflet is fine
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(26 Oct 2023, 11:57 am)busmanT wrote I don’t believe that there is any “removal” of T&Cs - discussion on scheduling agreement changes perhaps.

But GNE drivers are on far better schedules conditions than Arriva and Stagecoach with whom they compare hourly rates. GNE drivers only get the first 30 minutes of any mealbreak deducted as unpaid, whereas I believe that Stagecoach drivers get up to an hour deducted as unpaid. (I don’t know about Arriva Northumbria).

Arriva breaks are unpaid for the first 45 mins. I'm assuming however that whatever deal is currently on the table will see all GNE breaks cut to the absolute bare 30 mins minimum wherever possible.
I don't know where you're seeing the lack of support. Most people can see right through the blatant propaganda issued by GNE, and if anything, they have an even worse opinion of them than they already had.

Just remember; GNE spent years pissing their customers off. Long before a strike was even in the offing!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(26 Oct 2023, 2:32 pm)Adrian wrote I don't know where you're seeing the lack of support. Most people can see right through the blatant propaganda issued by GNE, and if anything, they have an even worse opinion of them than they already had.

Just remember; GNE spent years pissing their customers off. Long before a strike was even in the offing!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Anecdotally I've had nothing but support from passengers. Maybe the pissed off ones kept it to themselves, but I've only had nice comments personally.
Blaydon MP talking about Franchising https://fb.watch/nWlukO8hkY/

If we do get franchising I hope all drivers earn the same (expierenced ones) so if there is a strike everything will be disrupted. As when SC Sunderland striked it wasnt that big of a deal, its like if just Percy Main striked, but when everyone strikes they cannot do anything
(26 Oct 2023, 4:01 pm)deanmachine wrote Anecdotally I've had nothing but support from passengers. Maybe the pissed off ones kept it to themselves, but I've only had nice comments personally.

I got a nice earful off someone on the X1 during the lst one. Shesaid she'd been told by a cleaner to get a bus to the Board Inn and get the 71 (idk why cos the 71 doesn't go there) or the "5-something-somehing" (594?) to Houghton. I suggested she get a 22/23 to new seaham then the 71 but she was having none of it. She was stranded, after having got false info from a cleaner and I was apparently leading her on a wild goose chase - the way she was going on you'd think I'd told her to go via Carlisle! She was last seen on the phone so I assume she got a taxi.
(26 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm)F114TML wrote I got a nice earful off someone on the X1 during the lst one. Shesaid she'd been told by a cleaner to get a bus to the Board Inn and get the 71 (idk why cos the 71 doesn't go there) or the "5-something-somehing" (594?) to Houghton. I suggested she get a 22/23 to new seaham then the 71 but she was having none of it. She was stranded, after having got false info from a cleaner and I was apparently leading her on a wild goose chase - the way she was going on you'd think I'd told her to go via Carlisle! She was last seen on the phone so I assume she got a taxi.
Wonder if they got the board inn and Mill Inn mixed up

Also if the cleaner didnt know how to get to Houghton there is no they would have known what the 594 was. Theres no other way really to get there

I've been in Park Lane multiple times and drivers dont know anything the amount of times Ive heard how to get the "Hosptial", "Houghton" and they just didnt know what bus or stand. One time I heard the 33 to Doxford Park in 2022.
(26 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm)F114TML wrote I got a nice earful off someone on the X1 during the lst one. Shesaid she'd been told by a cleaner to get a bus to the Board Inn and get the 71 (idk why cos the 71 doesn't go there) or the "5-something-somehing" (594?) to Houghton. I suggested she get a 22/23 to new seaham then the 71 but she was having none of it. She was stranded, after having got false info from a cleaner and I was apparently leading her on a wild goose chase - the way she was going on you'd think I'd told her to go via Carlisle! She was last seen on the phone so I assume she got a taxi.
I would of thrown her off the bus
Kind Regards
Tez
(26 Oct 2023, 5:47 pm)V514DFT wrote I would of thrown her off the bus

She wasn't getting on in the first place - X1 doesn't stop at the Board Inn
(26 Oct 2023, 5:06 pm)Unber43 wrote Blaydon MP talking about Franchising https://fb.watch/nWlukO8hkY/

If we do get franchising I hope all drivers earn the same (expierenced ones) so if there is a strike everything will be disrupted. As when SC Sunderland striked it wasnt that big of a deal, its like if just Percy Main striked, but when everyone strikes they cannot do anything
Franchising is literally what the rail network is based on and that's a shambles as it is. Private companies awarded franchising contracts and not being able to run their trains properly. If we do the same to buses I don't see how it'll help the situation. 

I'm in favor of nationalizing buses and trains but the gullible members of the public will keep voting for conservatives regardless what shit stirring they do.
(26 Oct 2023, 10:03 pm)itsadam wrote Franchising is literally what the rail network is based on and that's a shambles as it is. Private companies awarded franchising contracts and not being able to run their trains properly. If we do the same to buses I don't see how it'll help the situation. 

I'm in favor of nationalizing buses and trains but the gullible members of the public will keep voting for conservatives regardless what shit stirring they do.

I m all for nationalisation of public transport, but in the meantime franchising similar to TFL is a step in the right direction.
(27 Oct 2023, 11:51 am)Ambassador wrote Offer rejected

81% rejected on a turnout of 93% according to the Chronicle.
(27 Oct 2023, 11:53 am)mb134 wrote 81% rejected on a turnout of 93% according to the Chronicle.

Ben is going to have a fu#&ing field day with it now. Can't wait for him to blame Unite for setting the bar to high or saying there not being fair and its all there fault
(27 Oct 2023, 11:53 am)mb134 wrote 81% rejected on a turnout of 93% according to the Chronicle.

Well, they seemed insistent that it was put to the members in a ballot, so hopefully they like that result! 

Good to see the Ostrich approach at Bensham is still alive and kicking.

(27 Oct 2023, 11:54 am)Andreos1 wrote https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-27995059

The Ronnie Gill reporting it too

"Go North East business director Ben Maxfield had urged staff to accept what he called a “milestone” pay offer this week “so we can get back to focusing on providing the high quality, reliable, and growing bus transport network the region deserves”."

Now he really is gaslighting us.
(27 Oct 2023, 12:02 pm)Adrian wrote "Go North East business director Ben Maxfield had urged staff to accept what he called a “milestone” pay offer this week “so we can get back to focusing on providing the high quality, reliable, and growing bus transport network the region deserves”."Now he really is gaslighting us.
High Quality sure 20 year old buses, awful seats on those E400s in frontline services, aging fleet/

Reliable - F**k off
And who was right. Ben straight up blamed Unite and its there fault

Ben Maxfield said, “We are baffled. Drivers wanted an above inflation deal, no changes to conditions and top-of-themarket rates. We responded to each and every one of those demands, which makes it hard to understand why the union would press ahead with 12-weeks of industrial action”.

“This has become a strike entirely of the union’s own making”.

Ben Maxfield continued, “Immediately after learning of the ballot outcome, we appealed to the union to reconsider and suspend the strike. Unfortunately, this was met with a flat refusal”.
(27 Oct 2023, 12:32 pm)Aaron21 wrote And who was right. Ben straight up blamed Unite and its there fault

Ben Maxfield said, “We are baffled. Drivers wanted an above inflation deal, no changes to conditions and top-of-themarket rates. We responded to each and every one of those demands, which makes it hard to understand why the union would press ahead with 12-weeks of industrial action”.

“This has become a strike entirely of the union’s own making”.

Ben Maxfield continued, “Immediately after learning of the ballot outcome, we appealed to the union to reconsider and suspend the strike. Unfortunately, this was met with a flat refusal”.

Why would the Union agree to suspend the strike, after members have overwhelmingly just rejected the offer? Is this guy living on the same planet as the rest of us?

Clown.
(27 Oct 2023, 12:34 pm)Adrian wrote Why would the Union agree to suspend the strike, after members have overwhelmingly just rejected the offer? Is this guy living on the same planet as the rest of us?

Clown.

He doesn't care. Gne are all sweet and innocent while Unite and the drivers are losing the customer. No mate it's the other way round. There doing anything to make themselves so they get the public to blame Unite. Don't think it's working haha
Ben Maxwell is a man-child from the school of Donald Trump and Boris Johnson. The statements he makes make a toddler seem professional. It never ceases to amaze me that people like that rise way above their capability.