Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

CatsFast101
Unregistered
RE: Go North East - Latest
(09 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm)Dan wrote We'll find out next week (if we don't work it out before then). Wink

WTX, Whey Aye 5-0, Cobalt Clipper. I don't think there's any else? Is there something else?
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm)CatsFast101 wrote WTX, Whey Aye 5-0, Cobalt Clipper. I don't think there's any else? Is there something else?

A number of other things... Like I said, we'll find out next week though! When have you ever known me to be upfront about information? Angel
(09 Feb 2014, 2:53 pm)Dan wrote A number of other things... Like I said, we'll find out next week though! When have you ever known me to be upfront about information? Angel

I bet this info is about new bus orders, i have that feeling Tongue haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm)CatsFast101 wrote WTX, Whey Aye 5-0, Cobalt Clipper. I don't think there's any else? Is there something else?

East Durham could get a Repaint/Rebrand as that Livery is rather outdated, plus the fact 618/619 got a Fresh Yellow Repaint Last Year, I could be Miles off on this one, or Tynedale Links, That's a few years old now also, and with the addition of 5210, could be worth a Rebrand, as it may not get any Investment in New Vehicles for another Year or 2. Merely thinking Logically out loud. I blame Dan for this Increased Speculation and Second Guessing, but there's my opinion.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(09 Feb 2014, 2:53 pm)Dan wrote A number of other things... Like I said, we'll find out next week though! When have you ever known me to be upfront about information? Angel

I don't understand why so cloak and dagger tbh. It's not like you're employed by GNE, so if you know some little snippet of info why not just share it? Especially if we are going to find out anyways.
(09 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote East Durham could get a Repaint/Rebrand as that Livery is rather outdated, plus the fact 618/619 got a Fresh Yellow Repaint Last Year, I could be Miles off on this one, or Tynedale Links, That's a few years old now also, and with the addition of 5210, could be worth a Rebrand, as it may not get any Investment in New Vehicles for another Year or 2. Merely thinking Logically out loud. I blame Dan for this Increased Speculation and Second Guessing, but there's my opinion.

I like the East Durham Brand as it is, same as the Tynedale Link's

I agree i cant see them getting new buses - just cascaded ones
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote East Durham could get a Repaint/Rebrand as that Livery is rather outdated, plus the fact 618/619 got a Fresh Yellow Repaint Last Year, I could be Miles off on this one, or Tynedale Links, That's a few years old now also, and with the addition of 5210, could be worth a Rebrand, as it may not get any Investment in New Vehicles for another Year or 2. Merely thinking Logically out loud. I blame Dan for this Increased Speculation and Second Guessing, but there's my opinion.

It's a quiet Sunday... Don't blame me, just trying to get some conversation flowing! Wink

(09 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I don't understand why so cloak and dagger tbh. It's not like you're employed by GNE, so if you know some little snippet of info why not just share it? Especially if we are going to find out anyways.

Bloody hell, not this again!
Like a broken record! Tongue
CatsFast101
Unregistered

Well the half of East Durham MPDs aren't branded up yet after coming off venture services.

If you know Dan, share! Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm)JP6004 wrote Lime renowns to go northern? As they are due to be upgraded this year aren't they?

4850-55 will be directly withdrawn when the new vehicles enter service, with 4896-4902 looking likely to go red.

If the latter batch were to go red so soon, half of the PVR would be allocated 'red vehicles' - hence diluting the brand... That'd be no good! Tongue
(09 Feb 2014, 3:20 pm)Dan wrote 4850-55 will be directly withdrawn when the new vehicles enter service, with 4896-4902 looking likely to go red.

If the latter batch were to go red so soon, half of the PVR would be allocated 'red vehicles' - hence diluting the brand... That'd be no good! Tongue

Shame because 4850-55 are decent buses, better than some of the other B10's but theirs at least 2-3 Northern B10's on their daily.. so it wouldn't matter

Any idea's if GNE have ordered the new Citaro's for the Lime yet?

Or is that the news your keeping so secret? Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm)northern156 wrote I've spent around £270 on my Nikon D3100 and it is simply brilliant. You get what you pay for in my eyes - better photos generally come with better cameras. Sometimes it is just the lack of knowledge on how to use that can give cr*p shots. I'm still learning about mine after around 7 or 8 months Smile

The D3100 is worth every penny, and you're right, you get exactly what you're paying for. I always told myself I wouldn't go the DSLR route as I couldn't justify one, but I worked with a lot of folk really into photography. I was quickly convinced. Ended up waiting for the release of the Nikon D5100 a couple of years ago, and shelled out best part of £650 for that and the 18-55mm kit lens. I've since invested in a 55-300mm Nikon lens, tripod, filters, hoods, and kit bags. Would recommend DSLR to any one any day.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm)Michael wrote Any idea's if GNE have ordered the new Citaro's for the Lime yet?

Or is that the news your keeping so secret? Tongue

Few months before they're ordered yet... Let's get last year's orders finished with first - we've got repaints for another few months yet! Wink
(09 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm)Dan wrote Few months before they're ordered yet... Let's get last year's orders finished with first - we've got repaints for another few months yet! Wink

All of last years orders are finished though?

Only the last few transfers,re-paints,branding's to be completed...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm)Michael wrote All of last years orders are finished though?

Only the last few transfers,re-paints,branding's to be completed...

While the actual new vehicles may have all entered service now (well, with the exception of the remaining Geminis), the cascades and repaints are a while off completion - that's for sure.
(09 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm)aureolin wrote The D3100 is worth every penny, and you're right, you get exactly what you're paying for. I always told myself I wouldn't go the DSLR route as I couldn't justify one, but I worked with a lot of folk really into photography. I was quickly convinced. Ended up waiting for the release of the Nikon D5100 a couple of years ago, and shelled out best part of £650 for that and the 18-55mm kit lens. I've since invested in a 55-300mm Nikon lens, tripod, filters, hoods, and kit bags. Would recommend DSLR to any one any day.
Exactly the same for me. A few years ago I would have sworn never to get one (I was stuck with a horrid Nikon Coolpix L120 [Bridge]) however as I grew more and more frustrated with that, I took the plunge.
Bought a D3100 refurbished for £120, a 55-200mm refurbed lens for £70 and I have recently bought a brand new 18-55mm lens for £80 or something.
All really worth it and I've never looked back since.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(09 Feb 2014, 3:28 pm)Dan wrote While the actual new vehicles may have all entered service now (well, with the exception of the remaining Geminis), the cascades and repaints are a while off completion - that's for sure.

Defiantly not done yet.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:36 pm)Michael wrote Defiantly not done yet.

Quite a few buses 'in need' of a repaint actually - keep GNE busy for a while! Haha!
(09 Feb 2014, 3:37 pm)Dan wrote Quite a few buses 'in need' of a repaint actually - keep GNE busy for a while! Haha!

Surely toonlink as it was 2010 when they were done......unless there are to receive investment this year too Tongue
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 4:00 pm)JP6004 wrote Hehe I thought so, no doubt they will withdraw the ex arriva crap afterward

Should do - they're certainly due off next year.
Only buses to remain will be the Volvo B7RLEs.
(09 Feb 2014, 4:03 pm)Dan wrote Should do - they're certainly due off next year.
Only buses to remain will be the Volvo B7RLEs.

Are the Volvo B7RLE's any good, never being on one

What will be withdrawn after the B10's when they all go?.. Cadets?

Will we see the remaining yellow buses withdrawn by end of the Month?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 4:06 pm)Michael wrote Are the Volvo B7RLE's any good, never being on one

What will be withdrawn after the B10's when they all go?.. Cadets?

Will we see the remaining yellow buses withdrawn by end of the Month?

A more powerful Solar, if anything.

Cadets have a shell-life of 12 years as midi-buses remember, so they will be withdrawn alongside the B10BLEs.
So you can have a rough idea - these vehicles were due off last year but will obviously be withdrawn this year instead (there are ways in which the early B10BLEs could be withdrawn before 2014's arrivals enter service too, but we'll wait and see). These vehicles and these vehicles are due off this year. busmanT has already alluded to the EARLY withdrawal of the 'early Cadets' (presumably "South Tyne" examples) this year too.

Some Olympians will remain in the fleet until 2014's arrivals enter service.
(09 Feb 2014, 4:12 pm)Dan wrote A more powerful Solar, if anything.

Cadets have a shell-life of 12 years as midi-buses remember, so they will be withdrawn alongside the B10BLEs.
So you can have a rough idea - these vehicles were due off last year but will obviously be withdrawn this year instead (there are ways in which the early B10BLEs could be withdrawn before 2014's arrivals enter service too, but we'll wait and see). These vehicles and these vehicles are due off this year. busmanT has already alluded to the withdrawal of the 'early Cadets' (presumably "South Tyne" examples) to be withdrawn EARLY this year too.

Some Olympians will remain in the fleet until 2014's arrivals enter service.

Cheer's for the info, the south tyne cadets are horrible, take ages to gain power
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm)Michael wrote Cheer's for the info, the south tyne cadets are horrible, take ages to gain power

From the above information, it would seem unlikely that the examples allocated to "South Tyne" service 5 will be repainted red.
Why repaint a bus which is in-line to be withdrawn by the end of the year?
(09 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm)Dan wrote From the above information, it would seem unlikely that the examples allocated to "South Tyne" service 5 will be repainted red.

Na no point, same as the 1998 Lime examples.

How ever cant they not start repainting the older B10's from the Lime...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(09 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm)Dan wrote From the above information, it would seem unlikely that the examples allocated to "South Tyne" service 5 will be repainted red.

What will be allocated to South Tyne? I can't see there been Versa cascades this year, next year it could be likely that maybe Quaylink, Orbit and SimpliCity could be in line for upgrade. So I wonder what they'll put on the 5? Possibly it will dropped from South Tyne bends even if temporarily? But I'm wondering what vehicles?
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(09 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote Na no point, same as the 1998 Lime examples.

How ever cant they not start repainting the older B10's from the Lime...

We'll they won't be due for a while yet. Orders haven't been confirmed yet no need for repaint yet.