You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
Just to continue on from some of the latest discussion in the Go North East thread. Am I really reading a GNE employee publically referring to customers as "whinging twats"? Asterisks or not - that's what he's saying.

[Image: NQt0LON.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Feb 2014, 10:34 am)aureolin wrote Just to continue on from some of the latest discussion in the Go North East thread. Am I really reading a GNE employee publically referring to customers as "whinging twats"? Asterisks or not - that's what he's saying.

This is exactly why we are not allowed to post on the Arriva page as employees...
It would be nice if they actually posted correct information half the time but there you go. Wouldn't it be nice if GNE actually gave information like that out which would help people know everything is running late.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(09 Feb 2014, 10:43 am)tyresmoke wrote This is exactly why we are not allowed to post on the Arriva page as employees...
It would be nice if they actually posted correct information half the time but there you go. Wouldn't it be nice if GNE actually gave information like that out which would help people know everything is running late.

Yeah, and they have the facility to do that via their app. A lot of the information appears to be held back or not get to customer services in time. Communication breakdown between control and customer services you'd think?

I really can't understand why the poster has deemed what he's wrote as being acceptable. Every company I've come across has a social media policy, and it makes clear the risks of your actions. I think someone on here has mentioned before that GNE definitely have one...
(09 Feb 2014, 10:34 am)aureolin wrote Just to continue on from some of the latest discussion in the Go North East thread. Am I really reading a GNE employee publically referring to customers as "whinging twats"? Asterisks or not - that's what he's saying.

I noticed it when Dan put the link up - was worried incase someone said I was obsessed and eager to have a pop at the company.

Happy to clarify I am not obsessed and for someone who seems to work for the company, portraying himself and the company in that light on facebook - does more short term damage to the reputation of GNE, than any anti-GNE people could ever dream of.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(09 Feb 2014, 11:56 am)gtom wrote Words completely fail me

Sack him

The local rags love a story like this

Words completely failed me earlier, but I really have seen it all now. In my opinion this is becoming extremely embarrassing for Go North East. It would imply that they have no discipline over their staff. Updated feed below.

[Image: 7SqDEyU.jpg]
Re: RE: Anything and Everything
(09 Feb 2014, 12:53 pm)Dan wrote Well then. That's me told. :p

I wonder if whoever is rota'd to manage the Facebook page has guidelines to reference if they feel a post should be removed? You'd think removing a post that could be deemed highly embarrassing for the company would be seen as a good thing, not a decision that requires management approval? Isn't this what we have duty supervisors for?

Hopefully one of the higher management that will no doubt be reading this could do the honours..
Sorry but waiting a hour is ridiculous they could of easy stopped a few buses going to Newcastle and terminated them at Concord or Gateshead to head back to Sunderland.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm)Michael wrote Sorry but waiting a hour is ridiculous they could of easy stopped a few buses going to Newcastle and terminated them at Concord or Gateshead to head back to Sunderland.

Quite right - esp. when two pulled in at Concord together (well, within about three minutes of each other) towards Newcastle.
(09 Feb 2014, 1:31 pm)gtom wrote The Chronicle have the story.

Along with the Northern Echo

Being on the sites and can't find the pages, any links please?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Feb 2014, 1:38 pm)Michael wrote Being on the sites and can't find the pages, any links please?

Sorry, I meant they have the links and images. All been emailed to them.

He's going to get sacked I would think
(09 Feb 2014, 1:38 pm)Michael wrote Being on the sites and can't find the pages, any links please?

Assuming gtom means that the story has been sent to their news desks.
(09 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm)gtom wrote Sorry, I meant they have the links and images. All been emailed to them.

Ah right!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Another twist to the tale, as David "Wear Buses" Atkinson had made a lengthy comment. It has since been removed, either by himself or a moderator. Fortunately I still had the window open on my phone, so managed to back to it and screenshot.

[Image: pEU3kNS.png]
This looks like it might go on and good, don't think GNE have replied yet!

It looks still to be on, that comment by him, reading it now on the page

Anyway... I'm in to James Bond songs atm...

Goldfinger
Thunderball
Skyfall...

and the rest
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm)aureolin wrote Another twist to the tale, as David "Wear Buses" Atkinson had made a lengthy comment. It has since been removed, either by himself or a moderator. Fortunately I still had the window open on my phone, so managed to back to it and screenshot.

[Image: pEU3kNS.png]

Him and his shares.
Dying to know if he is genuine, or one of the 'characters'.
I bet Hignett is chomping at the bit to get himself involved!
(09 Feb 2014, 3:21 pm)andreos1 wrote Him and his shares.
Dying to know if he is genuine, or one of the 'characters'.
I bet Hignett is chomping at the bit to get himself involved!

I don't know to be honest. Unless it was a coincidence that last time he piped up, they changed their whole policy on the Facebook page.

Meanwhile: http://www.simplygo.com/news/voted-fourt...y-devoted/
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm)gtom wrote When I click on that guys name the Facebook address is Paul Robinson?!

He was one of the original characters who had a name from Friends (or one of those American TV shows..)

Wasn't this David Atkinson the one who changed his name to something daft like "Liam Malarkey" or something?
(09 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm)gtom wrote When I click on that guys name the Facebook address is Paul Robinson?!

Looking at his profile, he's also got pictures of Karl Kennedy and Lou Carpenter from Neighbours. Wasn't there a few characters from Neighbours that appeared on their page when this Hignett/Clifford crap was going on?
Site Administrator
(09 Feb 2014, 3:48 pm)aureolin wrote Looking at his profile, he's also got pictures of Karl Kennedy and Lou Carpenter from Neighbours. Wasn't there a few characters from Neighbours that appeared on their page when this Hignett/Clifford crap was going on?

I was close with Friends... Tongue
(09 Feb 2014, 4:20 pm)Dan wrote The comments have all been removed by the way. Tongue

Thank god that common sense has prevailed. I wonder if it's taken a nudge from higher up though?
How very odd. You can tell the old troublemakers still frequent the page. Either way there's numerous wrongs here.

1) The employee making the comment.
2) The employee justifying the comment.
3) Go North East being aware and not doing anything.
4) Further parties making threats over shares etc.
5) Some 6 hours later the comment finally being removed.
Marxista Fozzski
(09 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm)gtom wrote Sorry, I meant they have the links and images. All been emailed to them.

Cool, as has also the Sunderland Echo and one other national newspaper...

That guy is a class A wankstain and should be given his p45 next time he goes to work...

Theres no need for it and no excuse for using language like that, overall I find GNE to be a decent enough company with good enough customer service, but idiots like that guy ends up tarring everyone with the same brush
(09 Feb 2014, 8:31 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Cool, as has also the Sunderland Echo and one other national newspaper...

That guy is a class A wankstain and should be given his p45 next time he goes to work...

Theres no need for it and no excuse for using language like that, overall I find GNE to be a decent enough company with good enough customer service, but idiots like that guy ends up tarring everyone with the same brush

He might have been the only one saying it on fb, but I will put money on in fozz's bookies, that he isn't the only one ( all be it, he may be in the minority) who thinks that about the people who keep him in a job.