You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Upcoming Repaints
(26 Aug 2023, 5:41 pm)Storx wrote I might be missing the point but isn't the point of the 701 to serve Clanny House (Student Accomodation) and the two city campus' rather than for the general public where both services are generally a waste of time.

I don't really see the need for the 700 at all personally and no wonder it's less frequent. I'm assuming it's to connect Park Lane to St Peter's since you can walk to the city campus from there.
There's always loads of people getting on and off it at Park Lane, and when it was every 20 mins and the 701 every 30 mins 700 was a lot busier than I ever saw the 701
(26 Aug 2023, 6:13 pm)Unber43 wrote There's always loads of people getting on and off it at Park Lane, and when it was every 20 mins and the 701 every 30 mins 700 was a lot busier than I ever saw the 701

Guessing they're trying to switch it round, probably people didn't know about the 701 since it was a red ex London bus with Stagecoach interior and chose the branded bus and walked to/from the campus to Park Lane.
(26 Aug 2023, 5:41 pm)Storx wrote I might be missing the point but isn't the point of the 701 to serve Clanny House (Student Accomodation) and the two city campus' rather than for the general public where both services are generally a waste of time.

I don't really see the need for the 700 at all personally and no wonder it's less frequent. I'm assuming it's to connect Park Lane to St Peter's since you can walk to the city campus from there.
None of the students that use the 700/702 seem to walk anywhere, They get on at Holmeside to get off at the Interchange or even worse I've seen them get on at Aldi on St Marks Rd go all the way to Roker Beach/St Peters then back to Clannyhouse rather than walk the 0.4 Miles up Hylton Rd.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
(27 Aug 2023, 1:05 am)Theboyle92 wrote None of the students that use the 700/702 seem to walk anywhere, They get on at Holmeside to get off at the Interchange or even worse I've seen them get on at Aldi on St Marks Rd go all the way to Roker Beach/St Peters then back to Clannyhouse rather than walk the 0.4 Miles up Hylton Rd.

Not surprised at all, the Stagecoach 1 is just as bad for it. Used to be a frustrating journey with people going 1 or 2 stops to the stage I'd walk to the Coast Road to get a more direct journey 

Just lazy.
(29 Aug 2023, 5:30 pm)V514DFT wrote With you on that one, love the shade of blue thats been used
Is it the same blue that was used on the Hop Tap Go livery on 6332?
That was a lovely colour

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
The consistency of the actual branding is going the way it should, only being done when needed. 

It's a shame they have not had the time nor money to get rid of all the unnecessary liveries still left behind, although I imagine one by one they will disappear over time, getting most services back into corporate where needed and tidying up the Xlines fleet.
(25 Aug 2023, 10:32 pm)Unber43 wrote Shame the 700 is going down to every 30 mins at a PVR of 1, which means there is another stand at Park Lane going to be empty Stand G, I must say I dont think this change will be positively received as the queues for the 700 can get quite big at Park Lane during the day

Changes are not of GNE doing of course, 700/701 are both Nexus contracts with Nexus specifying the route and timetable (no doubt in conjunction with the University).
(29 Aug 2023, 6:10 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Is it the same blue that was used on the Hop Tap Go livery on 6332?
That was a lovely colour

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

Unfortunately i never saw 6332
Kind Regards
Tez
(27 Aug 2023, 6:44 am)Storx wrote Not surprised at all, the Stagecoach 1 is just as bad for it. Used to be a frustrating journey with people going 1 or 2 stops to the stage I'd walk to the Coast Road to get a more direct journey 

Just lazy.

(27 Aug 2023, 1:05 am)Theboyle92 wrote None of the students that use the 700/702 seem to walk anywhere, They get on at Holmeside to get off at the Interchange or even worse I've seen them get on at Aldi on St Marks Rd go all the way to Roker Beach/St Peters then back to Clannyhouse rather than walk the 0.4 Miles up Hylton Rd.

I would be cautious with how you phrase things...you do not know why people are boarding for short or long journies...I feel these things are only mentioned because it is students. I have seen this plenty of other times on Various different services - would people be judged and called lazy if they had a walking stick, sunflower lanyard or similar and only travelled 1 or 2 stops? Probably not!
The main difference with the 700/701/702 (compared to regular services) is for the international students to get from Clanny House to Uni/Town (now with a short walk) for free and the same journey all day. So if you aren't sure or aren't comfortable walking around Millfield and Pallion then I don't blame you. I live there and only walk places if I have to - I'm always straight onto public transport without waiting around if possible.
New DFDS livery looks to be Dark (Navy) Blue (looks the same shade as carried on the ferries) under the lower deck windows whilst the rest of the bus is a unique colour. In the case of 6210, it is Orange and IMO looks more like a base for an advert to promote the RNLI (lifeboats).
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(29 Aug 2023, 11:40 pm)logidoodah wrote I would be cautious with how you phrase things...you do not know why people are boarding for short or long journies...I feel these things are only mentioned because it is students. I have seen this plenty of other times on Various different services - would people be judged and called lazy if they had a walking stick, sunflower lanyard or similar and only travelled 1 or 2 stops? Probably not!
The main difference with the 700/701/702 (compared to regular services) is for the international students to get from Clanny House to Uni/Town (now with a short walk) for free and the same journey all day. So if you aren't sure or aren't comfortable walking around Millfield and Pallion then I don't blame you. I live there and only walk places if I have to - I'm always straight onto public transport without waiting around if possible.

Aye no arguments, mine was more Heaton that Sunderland. I don't know those routes well enough to comment. Know you used to get people getting the 1 from Chillingham Road to Heaton Road etc who were able. Never really understood it. 

Probably just people unaware of the area though.
(30 Aug 2023, 3:21 pm)Rapidsnap wrote New DFDS livery looks to be Dark (Navy) Blue (looks the same shade as carried on the ferries) under the lower deck windows whilst the rest of the bus is a unique colour. In the case of 6210, it is Orange and IMO looks more like a base for an advert to promote the RNLI (lifeboats).

Any pics floating about yet?

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.
Only a head on shot, though vehicle is only in base paint anyway as there is no branding at all on it. Will post link once I've uploaded.

Photo available here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...3152899577
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
(30 Aug 2023, 3:41 pm)Storx wrote Aye no arguments, mine was more Heaton that Sunderland. I don't know those routes well enough to comment. Know you used to get people getting the 1 from Chillingham Road to Heaton Road etc who were able. Never really understood it. 

If I've already got a ticket that allows me to just hop on a bus without (additional) payment, and I see a bus coming along, I'm hopping on that bus!

(Although I'll admit that hopping on a bus on Market St East and off at Market St was just a very nerdy way of avoiding using the pedestrian crossing!)
This was my favourite version of the DFDS livery https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...1922475899

These days, they've realised they can use the buses as mobile advertisment boards. Least it cannot be any worse at their first attempt of using the buses for advertisments... windows, what are windows.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...1149177147
(30 Aug 2023, 3:41 pm)Storx wrote Aye no arguments, mine was more Heaton that Sunderland. I don't know those routes well enough to comment. Know you used to get people getting the 1 from Chillingham Road to Heaton Road etc who were able. Never really understood it. 

Smile true
Upcoming Repaints
(08 Sep 2023, 12:39 pm)ne14ne1 wrote View of the side: 

https://flic.kr/p/2p1GCcf

[Image: 39c0e354d6f29927f0484ceb0f2ebbbc.jpg]

6212 at Percy Main, photo posted by Mark Reynolds on Buses North East Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(29 Sep 2023, 12:00 am)TEN 6083 wrote [Image: 39c0e354d6f29927f0484ceb0f2ebbbc.jpg]

6212 at Percy Main, photo posted by Mark Reynolds on Buses North East Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk

Looks good, but now waiting for a certain bus designer to have a rant about the window covering