Menu

Pages (5)    1 2 3 4 5   
nova347   11 Oct 2022, 8:27 pm
One thing I wish is that if you buy a GNE ticket on the bus like an Under 25 weekly one I wish you could scan your ticket onto the app and have a hard ticket and a digital ticket. As sometimes my screen is dodgy and it won't scan, but I just wish there was an option if you had a paper version to put it on the app.
streetdeckfan   11 Oct 2022, 8:29 pm
(11 Oct 2022, 8:27 pm)nova347 wrote One thing I wish is that if you buy a GNE ticket on the bus like an Under 25 weekly one I wish you could scan your ticket onto the app and have a hard ticket and a digital ticket. As sometimes my screen is dodgy and it won't scan, but I just wish there was an option if you had a paper version to put it on the app.

I doubt that would ever become a thing, what's stopping someone from getting a paper ticket, scanning it on their friends app, then both using the ticket?

Although I don't think the machines let you double scan the same ticket do they? I'm sure I've had an issue with that before when the machine was acting up
Unber43   11 Oct 2022, 8:32 pm
(11 Oct 2022, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I doubt that would ever become a thing, what's stopping someone from getting a paper ticket, scanning it on their friends app, then both using the ticket?

Although I don't think the machines let you double scan the same ticket do they? I'm sure I've had an issue with that before when the machine was acting up
I don't know always wanted to try it, I suppose the best way to try it would be

21 to gateshead
X21 to CLS 
The same 21 to Durham/Arnison Centre.
nova347   11 Oct 2022, 8:37 pm
(11 Oct 2022, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I doubt that would ever become a thing, what's stopping someone from getting a paper ticket, scanning it on their friends app, then both using the ticket?

They don't it happened to me before, I didn't realise my ticket had been scanned, so I tried it again and it said. 'Ticket Already Scanned' or something along those lines, I was the first one on the bus and it started at Consett so it wasn't like there was anyone on before me anyway.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   11 Oct 2022, 8:43 pm
(11 Oct 2022, 8:27 pm)nova347 wrote One thing I wish is that if you buy a GNE ticket on the bus like an Under 25 weekly one I wish you could scan your ticket onto the app and have a hard ticket and a digital ticket. As sometimes my screen is dodgy and it won't scan, but I just wish there was an option if you had a paper version to put it on the app.

I haven't got a ticket with a code on atm but couldn't you just scan the code using an app like Passport which lets you save QR Codes (eTickets), don't see why it wouldn't work then scan your phone.
streetdeckfan   11 Oct 2022, 8:51 pm
(11 Oct 2022, 8:37 pm)nova347 wrote They don't it happened to me before, I didn't realise my ticket had been scanned, so I tried it again and it said. 'Ticket Already Scanned' or something along those lines, I was the first one on the bus and it started at Consett so it wasn't like there was anyone on before me anyway.

That exact thing happened to me. I think the sound on the machine wasn't working properly, so I just presumed it had done the usual and not scanned. So I rescanned it and it made angry machine noises at me!

(11 Oct 2022, 8:43 pm)Storx wrote I haven't got a ticket with a code on atm but couldn't you just scan the code using an app like Passport which lets you save QR Codes (eTickets), don't see why it wouldn't work then scan your phone.

I just tried adding a ticket to the Passes app and it changes the format of the QR code, so I don't know if it would still accept it
streetdeckfan   02 Dec 2022, 11:10 am
For my journeys recently I've been making use of the Wear OS integration on the app and I must say it's genuinely brilliant.

It's so convenient having the live times on my wrist rather than having to keep checking my phone.

It's just a shame I can't actually track the location of bus!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan   07 Dec 2022, 12:48 pm
Is anyone else finding the tracking very intermittent today?

Live times at the stops keeps disappearing and being replaced with the scheduled times, and buses keep disappearing off the map
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   07 Dec 2022, 5:23 pm
Same with bus times
streetdeckfan   10 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm
When did they add the destination back on to the vehicles on the tracker?

I believe it was a feature on the older app but it was removed

[Image: Screenshot-20230110-160855-Go-North-East.jpg]
Blockybus   10 Jan 2023, 5:08 pm
(10 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote When did they add the destination back on to the vehicles on the tracker?

I believe it was a feature on the older app but it was removed

[Image: Screenshot-20230110-160855-Go-North-East.jpg]

It got added yesterday
logidoodah   14 Jan 2023, 12:52 am
(10 Jan 2023, 5:08 pm)Blockybus wrote It got added yesterday

I noticed it a few months ago when it updated, and was a shame when they turned it off. It is great when you have services like the 5 which  loop back on itself and you don't know if you've missed it or not. 

However I hate the new addition lately with the blue dots added on as 'bus stops' but then disappear when you zoom into the correct bus stop. It just obscures the view of the buses and routes they take as it is covered in big blue dots. My girlfriend (who is not an enthusiast) says it was 'trippy' as  they just multiply when you zoom out.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   14 Jan 2023, 2:15 pm
(14 Jan 2023, 12:52 am)logidoodah wrote I noticed it a few months ago when it updated, and was a shame when they turned it off. It is great when you have services like the 5 which  loop back on itself and you don't know if you've missed it or not. 

However I hate the new addition lately with the blue dots added on as 'bus stops' but then disappear when you zoom into the correct bus stop. It just obscures the view of the buses and routes they take as it is covered in big blue dots. My girlfriend (who is not an enthusiast) says it was 'trippy' as  they just multiply when you zoom out.

The worst part about the app is the fact that the 'hit box' for tapping on a bus is faaaaar bigger than it should be. 

If I'm at Eldon Square or Gateshead, I have to turn off the bus tracking to be able to tap on any of the stops because it always, without fail, taps on one of the buses instead
garym67   14 Jan 2023, 4:58 pm
I have to agree the blue dots are awful, on a wide view you can't see anything other than dots, they should only appear when you zoom in enough to actually be able to see where they are anyway. Very bad choice.
Ambassador   15 Jan 2023, 6:43 pm
The bus stop names don’t link up with some of the bus stop names either.

Chester’s Care Home is Musgrave school for example

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Adrian   16 Jan 2023, 10:39 am
(15 Jan 2023, 6:43 pm)Ambassador wrote The bus stop names don’t link up with some of the bus stop names either.

Chester’s Care Home is Musgrave school for example

Pretty sure their app will use an API to NaPTAN data in for stops, rather than it being their own data. It's worth double-checking it and reporting it to the local transport authority, if it's either incorrect or out of date. I've had a few stops changed as a result of this, including 'Cooks Hall' still existing over 50 years after demolition!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   16 Jan 2023, 1:08 pm
The latest update seemed to wipe out my favourite stops (not sure if it's as part of the switch to apple maps) but I do think its more user friendly than previously. Though when you zoom in on apple maps the buses appear to be driving through buildings as opposed to the road.

I'd love the option to buy single or return tickets - in the absence of tap on tap off

Adrian   16 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm
(16 Jan 2023, 1:08 pm)Ambassador wrote The latest update seemed  to wipe out my favourite stops (not sure if it's as part of the switch to apple maps) but I do think its more user friendly than previously. Though when you zoom in on apple maps the buses appear to be driving through buildings as opposed to the road.

I'd love the option to buy single or return tickets - in the absence of tap on tap off

Brighton & Hove, who use the same app, allow you to buy singles on it. It's really useful, and they work on the basis that they're valid for 15 minutes (to scan) from you hitting activate.

I don't think it'd ever work in an area without a flat fare or hopper-type system. People would get wise to it, buy the cheapest fare to get them on board, then over ride on it.

streetdeckfan   16 Jan 2023, 2:37 pm
(16 Jan 2023, 2:36 pm)Adrian wrote Brighton & Hove, who use the same app, allow you to buy singles on it. It's really useful, and they work on the basis that they're valid for 15 minutes (to scan) from you hitting activate.

I don't think it'd ever work in an area without a flat fare or hopper-type system. People would get wise to it, buy the cheapest fare to get them on board, then over ride on it.

People do that anyway!
Adrian   16 Jan 2023, 4:52 pm
(16 Jan 2023, 2:37 pm)streetdeckfan wrote People do that anyway!

So why would you exacerbate a problem, rather than fixing it? 

Tap on/tap off would be one solution, as it is charging you the correct fare at the point of alighting. As we know already, it's possible to do this by validating a ticket is valid on entry and exit, as many other networks use it for season tickets.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   09 Dec 2023, 3:28 pm
I'm trying to work out how to get to work at weekends as the lift i used to get is finishing. Is there a way on the appt so it give you very little or no walking??? It wants me to walk from my penthouse to Haworth, get on the 52 to felling and walk from the up the bank toward wreckenton when i'd rather it gave me the time of the 27 ( stops outside penthouse) to say gathered and then connect to a 56, 57,x1 or 28?

Also it would be nice if it could tell me what time all busies to wreckenton leave Gateshead rather than having to go into each bus individually

PS i thought Saturdays were bad but Sunday mornings... my good!!
BusLoverMum   09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm
I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.
Rob44   09 Dec 2023, 4:31 pm
(09 Dec 2023, 3:36 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I would have thought it would be easier to just use a timetable and do the maths.

Its remembering the time of the buses though...... i just think the appt should give you an option of no walking ( for people with disabilities who maybe cant walk 4000 steps ( as the appt suggested)

It would also be nice to see all the buses on one particular section of road and at what time they leave.

Surely this can be incorporated in the app?? we sent a man to the moon 70 years ago!!
Ambassador   09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm
Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   09 Dec 2023, 5:19 pm
(09 Dec 2023, 4:47 pm)Ambassador wrote Won’t google maps or citymapper do what you want, the latter much more efficiently too

never heard of the latter will try it -
Storx   09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm
I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

It's not the quickest but I'd assume you'd want an easier journey than pissing about in Gateshead Interchange.
NEbushopper   10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am
Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.
Dan   10 Dec 2023, 7:48 am
(10 Dec 2023, 7:40 am)NEbushopper wrote Don’t know where to put this but on bustimes it is saying there are no journey on any GNE bus.

Tracking has been ropey since service resumed last Saturday. There have been a lot of buses not tracking (even though they have been running).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   10 Dec 2023, 8:30 am
(09 Dec 2023, 6:50 pm)Storx wrote I'm not sure where you actually get on, but if you can walk to Heworth then the 51/52 is direct from there to Wrekenton every 20 minutes, depending on direction.

It's not the quickest but I'd assume you'd want an easier journey than pissing about in Gateshead Interchange.

Its the walking bit that get me - the 27 is on my doorstep but it doesnt seem to want to put me on that bus to heworth.

The app suggest above actually put me on the 27 to heworth, the 4 to the galleries and then the x1 to wreckenton!!  iI'd rather do that than walk the 4000 steps to heworth then get one bus to wreckenton... i just think a good option on the app would be a max walking distance...
streetdeckfan   15 Dec 2023, 6:41 am
The GNE app is now suggesting that no buses serve the temporary stops in Durham but instead serve the bus station, that has yet to open

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Pages (5)    1 2 3 4 5