Menu

Pages (34)    132 33 34   
TEN 6083   24 Feb 2023, 4:24 pm
[Image: 81aa6b8c3292df8eb800957c973656ed.jpg]

Went to get some shopping and see this when I was walking back to the car. Someone’s just parked in the middle of the road and went into the shops.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
Andreos1   03 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm
Gerrin! 

https://fb.watch/kXkW_oKS35/

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
TEN 6083   22 Jun 2023, 4:27 pm
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2360276...ioner-mad/

Ex GNE 6906 (probably goes for the others as well that have moved there) has made the papers In Southampton.

Rob44   22 Jun 2023, 4:40 pm
(22 Jun 2023, 4:27 pm)TEN 6083 wrote https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/2360276...ioner-mad/

Ex GNE 6906 has made the papers In Southampton.

some people would twist on 21
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   22 Jun 2023, 5:43 pm
If i remember rightly those buses were really bad. Remember living in Grey Court and I could hear them on Toward Rd and even Stockton Rd.
Unber43   22 Jun 2023, 5:49 pm
3941-43/62/63 are exactly the same
Andreos1   09 Jul 2023, 11:14 pm
That time a few years back, when I asked someone how to spell the word 'pretenscious'.

And they spelled it 'G O. N O R T H. E...'

The other week, I asked the same person how to spell 'Dead in the Water' and they replied, 'G O. N O R T H. E...'

You get the drift Wink

solsburian   19 Aug 2023, 8:55 pm
The bus driver on this evening's 19:30 X12 Durham-Newcastle use a pleasant "Good evening!!" salutation to greet the passengers which was nice. He might have had a birthday badge on, if that's the case they are reading this, Happy Birthday!  Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   24 Aug 2023, 12:20 pm
https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/statu...s13E9PoT3w&s=19

*nods*

streetdeckfan   07 Sep 2023, 7:22 am
I was on the Arriva 6 yesterday afternoon and the person behind bought a week ticket. Instead of the driver putting it in the little laminated pouch he just handed them both to the passenger so she could do it ourself.

That was a bad move...

She struggled figuring out which way to put the ticket in, and how to peel the protector off the adhesive, and somehow she ended up putting the ticket in backwards so it was just a blank piece of paper!

Not sure what her ultimate fate was, I'm guessing she would have been too embarrassed to go back to the driver to ask for help, I would!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Unber43   07 Sep 2023, 11:24 am
(07 Sep 2023, 7:22 am)streetdeckfan wrote I was on the Arriva 6 yesterday afternoon and the person behind bought a week ticket. Instead of the driver putting it in the little laminated pouch he just handed them both to the passenger so she could do it ourself.

That was a bad move...

She struggled figuring out which way to put the ticket in, and how to peel the protector off the adhesive, and somehow she ended up putting the ticket in backwards so it was just a blank piece of paper!

Not sure what her ultimate fate was, I'm guessing she would have been too embarrassed to go back to the driver to ask for help, I would!

WHen i used to get them from GNE I would always ask if I can do it as the way some of them do it is awful, but there was a few where the drivers would literally throw the plastic thing at them to do it themselves, a lot of them just put it in their pocket and one I followed ask a random driver if he could do it. 

Personally I think drivers should ask if they can do it themselves, also if she is just going to buy another weekly ticket (i think i would do that) she is going to waste £20 and her experience as a passenger isn't going to be a good one.
Adrian   07 Sep 2023, 11:30 am
I thought drivers were supposed to do them? The wallet isn't only designed to protect the ticket, but also protect revenue and seal the ticket in place, preventing fraud.

If you're handing the wallets out unused, there's really nothing stopping an unscrupulous person from doctoring their weekly ticket, e.g. changing a 3 into an 8, and having an extra 5 days travel at the company's expense.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   07 Sep 2023, 11:44 am
(07 Sep 2023, 11:30 am)Adrian wrote I thought drivers were supposed to do them? The wallet isn't only designed to protect the ticket, but also protect revenue and seal the ticket in place, preventing fraud.

If you're handing the wallets out unused, there's really nothing stopping an unscrupulous person from doctoring their weekly ticket, e.g. changing a 3 into an 8, and having an extra 5 days travel at the company's expense.
Except they now have the QR Code.
streetdeckfan   07 Sep 2023, 11:45 am
(07 Sep 2023, 11:30 am)Adrian wrote I thought drivers were supposed to do them? The wallet isn't only designed to protect the ticket, but also protect revenue and seal the ticket in place, preventing fraud.

I thought the main use was to hold the interior panels of the bus together!
Rob44   09 Sep 2023, 11:34 am
(07 Sep 2023, 7:22 am)streetdeckfan wrote I was on the Arriva 6 yesterday afternoon and the person behind bought a week ticket. Instead of the driver putting it in the little laminated pouch he just handed them both to the passenger so she could do it ourself.

That was a bad move...

did you no step in and sort it for them???
nova347   11 Sep 2023, 5:39 pm
(07 Sep 2023, 11:45 am)streetdeckfan wrote I thought the main use was to hold the interior panels of the bus together!

So true. But don't forget the wing mirrors.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   20 Nov 2023, 6:57 pm
photo on Facebook of a Helicopter landing at Seaham Hall and one of the comments was "GNE Management Treating themselves"

Thought it was quite amusing myself
MurdnunoC   22 Nov 2023, 6:59 pm
Been listening to Nadine Dorries' audiobook over the past few days and it's hilarious.

Obviously it's not worth buying as it's absolute trash with her playing the role of super sleuth as she uncovers a web of lies and deceit within Whitehall and CCHQ. However, if a copy falls into your lap somehow, it's worth a listen if you like comedy.
Ianthegoon   23 Nov 2023, 5:42 am
(22 Nov 2023, 6:59 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Been listening to Nadine Dorries' audiobook over the past few days and it's hilarious.

Obviously it's not worth buying as it's absolute trash with her playing the role of super sleuth as she uncovers a web of lies and deceit within Whitehall and CCHQ. However, if a copy falls into your lap somehow, it's worth a listen if you like comedy.

Since everyone already knows that Whitehall's a network of deceit and lies, it suggests that Nadine Doorstop might be a bit slow on the uptake if she's only just noticed .....
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
TEN 6083   02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm
Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

Do they not realise that it’s Stagecoach. Guess to some people they all look the same.

[Image: bfc84438ca32e0a12c2163e2f2ed8e97.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BusLoverMum   02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm
(02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

Do they not realise that it’s Stagecoach. Guess to some people they all look the same.

I can't think why she was confused by it...
BIG MICK STOKOE   14 Dec 2023, 6:54 pm
(02 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm)TEN 6083 wrote Taking a photo of Stagecoach NE 22081 on Northumberland Street earlier today being used for a Santa’s grotto and a middle aged woman comes past and they said “they’ve got a nerve doing that” obviously thinking it’s a GNE bus.

When I was drivin they were all same colour. We may as well get back to that for all the notice some people take

Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here
F114TML   14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm
(02 Dec 2023, 11:22 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I can't think why she was confused by it...

There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ianthegoon   15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am
(14 Dec 2023, 10:39 pm)F114TML wrote There is a joke in SC that people try to hail our DT bus (which happens an alarming amount, same with Not in Service) and when it doesn't stop, it's GNE that get the complaint cos it's red!

Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

A few years ago one of my friends bought one of the local minibuses.  It was debranded, although still in the base livery.  A week or so before Christmas we decorated it with trees, tinsel and baubles, set the destination blind to read "Straight to Cuba", and drove down our local High Street.  It was astonishing the number of people that put their hand out to hail us.  And there were about six different routes that went along there, so they would have HAD to have looked at the bus to see if we were the correct route for them .....
Rob44   15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am
When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro. Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!! It was only a two door in Ultimate green!
Andreos1   15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am
(15 Dec 2023, 9:04 am)Rob44 wrote When i had my focus RS i wnet to pick the crocodile up from Gateshead metro.  Whe was standing by the taxi rank so i stopped to pick her up - several people tried to get in thinking it was a taxi!!    It was only a two door in Ultimate green!

So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Think we need to have a thread about the Rob44, the Penthouse and the Crocodile. Just to keep up.

F114TML   15 Dec 2023, 9:42 am
(15 Dec 2023, 8:09 am)Ianthegoon wrote Some people will try and hail ANYTHING!

A few years ago one of my friends bought one of the local minibuses.  It was debranded, although still in the base livery.  A week or so before Christmas we decorated it with trees, tinsel and baubles, set the destination blind to read "Straight to Cuba", and drove down our local High Street.  It was astonishing the number of people that put their hand out to hail us.  And there were about six different routes that went along there, so they would have HAD to have looked at the bus to see if we were the correct route for them .....

If you're sat at a bus stop not in service peoole will always come up and ask what number bus it is.

It is one of the most infuriating things.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am
(15 Dec 2023, 9:37 am)Andreos1 wrote So not the ex-Crocodile anymore?

Think we need to have a thread about the Rob44, the Penthouse and the Crocodile. Just to keep up.

Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!
Andreos1   15 Dec 2023, 10:37 am
(15 Dec 2023, 10:31 am)Rob44 wrote Oh yeh still ex.Shes got my car though so im using the bus more!!

Eh? What? The ex-Crocodile ended it, you ended up in a Penthouse, but she got the car?!

Pages (34)    132 33 34