You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
JH Coaches of Birtley
(30 May 2023, 7:49 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote I assume it'll be worked by a omnicity DD then, as being ex-london it'll be euro 6.

Probably, or the Volvo B9s.

But they could even put B7s on if they’ve factored the CAZ penalty into their price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: JH Coaches of Birtley
(30 May 2023, 2:46 pm)Busu284 wrote Takes 30 minutes to Cramlington according to the timetable. Could use coaches tbh alongside deckers
Say it takes an hour there and back, they need altleast 10/12, they've got 14 deckers, only 4 I think are CAZ compliant
(31 May 2023, 9:29 am)Unber43 wrote Say it takes an hour there and back, they need altleast 10/12, they've got 14 deckers, only 4 I think are CAZ compliant
I *think* the two ex Nottingham Scanias, two ex Belle Vue Scanias, two ex Tyrers B9TLs and an ex Tamar Coaches OmniDekka are Euro 6, so that makes 7.
JH Coaches of Birtley
I don't understand why people are questioning JH's ability to run this.

Given that they've won this one, we can rest easy knowing that the tender process will have been ran to complete perfection...!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(31 May 2023, 2:32 pm)Adrian wrote I don't understand why people are questioning JH's ability to run this.

Given that they've won this one, we can rest easy knowing that the tender process will have been ran to complete perfection...!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Cause its a small company. Its constantly the problem. They want the big wigs to run it. Arriva can't cause they have the 306 running every 5 minutes and Stagecoach & GNE already have there SF routes
JH Coaches of Birtley
(31 May 2023, 12:10 pm)Jimmi wrote I *think* the two ex Nottingham Scanias, two ex Belle Vue Scanias, two ex Tyrers B9TLs and an ex Tamar Coaches OmniDekka are Euro 6, so that makes 7.

Doesn’t really matter how many are Euro6 really… it’s a contracted service so whoever is paying for it (Nexus, I assume?) will pick up the cost of any fines as part of the tender price.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
JH Coaches of Birtley
(22 Jun 2023, 10:39 am)Busu284 wrote Hearing from driver that Jh have won the R5. Another route for them to make good and gne want it (sarcasm don't take it to heart)

Yes, they have.

Why was it pointed out that the R5 was very unreliable and something was done about it, but all the other R's interwork and are ran by the same operator, surely all the same problems will be for all the R's
(22 Jun 2023, 2:43 pm)Unber43 wrote Why was it pointed out that the R5 was very unreliable and something was done about it, but all the other R's interwork and are ran by the same operator, surely all the same problems will be for all the R's

The R5 doesn’t interwork with anything - it’s the R3/R4/R6 that interworks.
Site Administrator
JH Coaches of Birtley
(22 Jun 2023, 2:43 pm)Unber43 wrote Why was it pointed out that the R5 was very unreliable and something was done about it, but all the other R's interwork and are ran by the same operator, surely all the same problems will be for all the R's

Lost mileage was particularly high on the R1 and R5 - it seems Gateshead Central often cancel these due to driver or fleet availability, over other services.

Obviously that would not have helped patronage on the R1, now being cancelled due to low use.

Good to see Nexus taking action.

Noted LJ09 CDE, an Enviro 400 formerly Abellio London 9451, working on the shuttle service for University of Northumbria from Newcastle city centre to Coach Lane campus today. Carries plain London red livery. Not sure whether acquired or just on-loan.
(24 Jun 2023, 6:22 pm)N391OTY wrote Noted LJ09 CDE, an Enviro 400 formerly Abellio London 9451, working on the shuttle service for University of Northumbria from Newcastle city centre to Coach Lane campus today. Carries plain London red livery. Not sure whether acquired or just on-loan.

Replacement for the Plaxtons. 4 more on there way
(09 Jan 2024, 10:37 pm)Aaron21 wrote Jh have bought 2 more OmniCity. These being red and are branded for the company

https://flic.kr/p/2pqVWzM

Registrations are YT59SGX & YT59SGY

E200 LK09EOE is currently on loan to Coatham Coaches: https://flic.kr/p/2prz4VS
Few updates

YT59SGX & YT59 SGY have had new plates put on.

SGY is now MSU 392 & SGX is now UGD 735

Jh Coaches have also bought 3 brand new Coaches. Regs are JH73 COM, JH73 BUS & JH73 JHC
PB1049268/267
Cancellation JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD 423 Grindon Broadway Junior School

PB1049268/269
Cancellation JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD 458 St Roberts of Newminster RC School Sunderland, Wheatsheaf

PB1049268/328
Cancellation JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD 890 Pelton Park View School (lower)

PB1049268/345
Cancellation JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD 889 West Pelton Park view school, Chester Le Street
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Just seen this on PSV notices and proceedings for the north east of England latest PDF:

Section 5.1 – Notice of Public Inquiries to be Held Public Inquiry (90174) to be held at Hillcrest House (Leeds), LS9 6NF, 386 Harehills Lane, LEEDS, on 31 July 2024 commencing at 10:00 PB1049268 SI JIM HUGHES COACHES LTD Director(s): JOHN SHIPLEY, IAN SHIPLEY, CONNOR SHIPLEY FELL BANK, BIRTLEY, CHESTER LE STREET, DH3 2SP S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981) S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985) Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981) Pi Adjourned
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Jul 2024, 1:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote In the absence of a JH travel living on thread (and there's absolutely no need for one), just spied one in a video that appeared on my reels. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1aR5N2GtyXu3d1Td/

LT02ZZJ - appears to now be with Ridleys Coaches
Site Administrator
(17 Jul 2024, 11:09 am)Aaron21 wrote Reading a registration this morning shows A Line Coaches have lost the 92 to Jh Coaches from the 31st August

A-line Coaches lost all their Nexus Miscellaneous Works contracts to other operators this year, which means they have no contracts from September (hence the sale of some of their fleet currently).

One to Go North East, one to Stagecoach, and the others to JH Coaches.
(18 Jul 2024, 7:43 am)Dan wrote A-line Coaches lost all their Nexus Miscellaneous Works contracts to other operators this year, which means they have no contracts from September (hence the sale of some of their fleet currently).

One to Go North East, one to Stagecoach, and the others to JH Coaches.

What did Stagecoach gain. I know GNE have gained the 792 from A Line