Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(11 Feb 2014, 4:56 pm)CatsFast101 wrote So this is getting interesting, we now saying that:
Crusader & Laser will receive Geminis or at least deckers (Always been rumoured) the Citaros can be then be freed up for West Durham Swift/Fab57/Pulse/Prince Bishops. They'll have 26 Citaros for cascades.
Red Kite could receive investment, possibly Citaros. Allowing the Omnicitys to move to Centurion 17.
Lime is highly likely to receive investment with new Citaros very much a possibility.
X66 & ToonLink both long been rumoured to be receiving new Versas, particularly the former.

That could take care of 80 new buses for 2014. Maybe one/two other service to be upgraded wonder what that could be? ToonLink has been rumoured previously?
It also means Stanley will be inundated with Citaros, Riverside will have a fair few Versa running about and Percy Main has a whole lot of Omnicity which will make Dan happy as he loves 'depot standardisation'!

Note, this all just speculation and bring together rumours and far far from confirmation on any orders!

Do refer to the posts I've made in the GNE 2014 Orders thread. That's where the answers are. Wink

Politely request if we're going to link this in with the orders (my fault for bringing it in), that we carry it on in the appropriate thread.

(11 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I hope it be Scania Omnicity DD from London instead of Geminis but I do like the hybirds from 21 (if only).

We know what the chances of second hand buses coming up from London are! Tongue
PB0002400/492 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between SEABURN WHITBURN ROAD and SILKSWORTH CHURCH VIEW given service number 99 effective from 04-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/592 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Heworth Interchange
Finish Point: South Hylton Metro
Via: Pelaw, East Bolden
Service Number: 901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 15-FEB-2014
Other Details: Metro Replacement service - operates 15 & 16 February 2014 only.

Also just for the 17 - Seems Phoneix taxi's are keeping it

PB0003232/44 - READYPAY LTD T/A PHOENIX TAXIS AND MINI COACHES, NORTHUMBERLAND TAXI & COACH CENTRE, PHOENIX HOUSE, SOUTH ALBION RETAIL PARK, BLYTH, NE24 5BW
Starting Point: Cramlington Shops
Finish Point: Rosehill
Via: Wallsend, Benton ASDA, Killingworth
Service Number: 17
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-MAR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Saturday excluding bank holidays.

New timetable for 28/28A from 30.3.14 - http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/60645.78
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
6 more cobalt clipper deckers i now need to get today 5222 appeared on 10A and 648 appeared on 46 got photos of both 5204 got a shot on X36
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(11 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm)Michael wrote PB0002400/492 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between SEABURN WHITBURN ROAD and SILKSWORTH CHURCH VIEW given service number 99 effective from 04-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/592 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Starting Point: Heworth Interchange
Finish Point: South Hylton Metro
Via: Pelaw, East Bolden
Service Number: 901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 15-FEB-2014
Other Details: Metro Replacement service - operates 15 & 16 February 2014 only.

Also just for the 17 - Seems Phoneix taxi's are keeping it

PB0003232/44 - READYPAY LTD T/A PHOENIX TAXIS AND MINI COACHES, NORTHUMBERLAND TAXI & COACH CENTRE, PHOENIX HOUSE, SOUTH ALBION RETAIL PARK, BLYTH, NE24 5BW
Starting Point: Cramlington Shops
Finish Point: Rosehill
Via: Wallsend, Benton ASDA, Killingworth
Service Number: 17
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-MAR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Saturday excluding bank holidays.

Phoenix Coaches have never had the 17, I guess they'll be doing the evening runs.
(11 Feb 2014, 5:14 pm)Tom wrote Phoenix Coaches have never had the 17, I guess they'll be doing the evening runs.

I could of sworn they had it already, must be thinking of a different service Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2014, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote I could of sworn they had it already, must be thinking of a different service Tongue

No, Arriva operate the Sunday services, with Go North East operating the evening services with a MPD.
(11 Feb 2014, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote I could of sworn they had it already, must be thinking of a different service Tongue

Phoenix operate the 19 between Northumberland Park Interchange and North Shields during the evening (with Arriva), and I think possibly also on a Sunday too?
I never, ever, ever expected it tonight. 309 left Haymarket on time at 17:04 and by the time it left St Mary's, it was 100% seated downstairs and 75% seated upstairs. Good investment GNE Smile. It took 45 minutes instead of 40 minutes mainly due to the traffic but I can honestly say that a half decent bus makes the difference. One thing I like about GNE is that they make improvements to current services rather than waste money on changes. Putting it into perspective about the 309, GNE have basically said that despite the fact we can't make the 309 any faster or introduce a supplementary full time express, we will make the journey more bearable. Arriva should take note.
I pray to god the X30/X31 gets those Citaros, Just seen a Yellow bus on the X30/X31 as i was passing it heading to lanchester on a Renown which was packed and plenty of standees, also noticed a yellow Bus on the 15/15a as I was pulling into Lanchester.

Also Im yet to see a Omnicity on the X30/X31, or not gotton on one yet, I keep seeing the plain red branding ones on the X70/X71

Is that what service they are going on.
Site Administrator
(11 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote I pray to god the X30/X31 gets those Citaros, Just seen a Yellow bus on the X30/X31 as i was passing it heading to lanchester on a Renown which was packed and plenty of standees, also noticed a yellow Bus on the 15/15a as I was pulling into Lanchester.

Also Im yet to see a Omnicity on the X30/X31, or not gotton on one yet, I keep seeing the plain red branding ones on the X70/X71

Yes.
(11 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote I pray to god the X30/X31 gets those Citaros, Just seen a Yellow bus on the X30/X31 as i was passing it heading to lanchester on a Renown which was packed and plenty of standees, also noticed a yellow Bus on the 15/15a as I was pulling into Lanchester.

As mentioned by Dan earlier - 5250/3/4/74 are to be used on the X70/X71 while 3885-9 are meant to be the X30/X31 vehicles.
(11 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm)Kuyoyo wrote As mentioned by Dan earlier - 5250/3/4/74 are to be used on the X70/X71 while 3885-9 are meant to be the X30/X31 vehicles.

Yeah, I noticed 3885/3887 on the X30 on Saturday. 6009 was also on.
(11 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm)gtom wrote On quick glance I can't see a change (but twas just a quick look!)

Me too, not sure where it is!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2014, 7:28 pm)gtom wrote On quick glance I can't see a change (but twas just a quick look!)

The change is the addition of serving Beamish into the weekday operation.

However, anyone notice the mistake on the front cover Wink (Or rather a leftover from the last timetable)
(11 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The change is the addition of serving Beamish into the weekday operation.

However, anyone notice the mistake on the front cover Wink (Or rather a leftover from the last timetable)

Ye, haha, typical GNE.... still waiting for the 39 to be added to the Simplicity brand and the timetable to Simplicity colour
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The change is the addition of serving Beamish into the weekday operation.

But the old timetable says serves Beamish too
Site Administrator

The paper bus, of course!
(11 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm)gtom wrote But the old timetable says serves Beamish too

Only on Saturdays and Sundays - weekday buses don't currently operate up to the museum entrance it's out of season. The current timetable was updated in September but does say 'Monday to Friday journeys run via Beamish Museum Entrance from 25 March 2013 until 1 November 2013, while Saturday and Sunday buses run via Beamish Museum Entrance all year.' likewise the new timetable also states something similar 'Monday to Friday journeys run via Beamish Museum Entrance from 31 March 2014 until 31 October 2014, while Saturday and Sunday buses run via Beamish Museum Entrance all year'.
(11 Feb 2014, 8:44 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Seen a centurion broke down at boldon asda lights these seem to break down a lot,

Not bad considering it shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(11 Feb 2014, 9:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not bad considering it shouldn't even be there in the first place.

surprised it got that far haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(11 Feb 2014, 8:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Only on Saturdays and Sundays - weekday buses don't currently operate up to the museum entrance it's out of season. The current timetable was updated in September but does say 'Monday to Friday journeys run via Beamish Museum Entrance from 25 March 2013 until 1 November 2013, while Saturday and Sunday buses run via Beamish Museum Entrance all year.' likewise the new timetable also states something similar 'Monday to Friday journeys run via Beamish Museum Entrance from 31 March 2014 until 31 October 2014, while Saturday and Sunday buses run via Beamish Museum Entrance all year'.

So they've just changes the dates for beamish.
(11 Feb 2014, 9:52 pm)CatsFast101 wrote So they've just changes the dates for beamish.

Guess so, a waste of time really, they could have just put that on their website.
Thanks for the Beamish news. Does seem a bit of a waste; you would think they could just explain that as as addendum to the timetable
(11 Feb 2014, 10:28 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Why is there a centuron on the 9 I seen one everyday and yep was going towards north shields some of the ppl who got of didn't look very happy about that

I seen something on GNE facebook page the other day, some wife mentioning something about the '9' ranted about new buses or something and refered to that service as 'The Centurion' ...

So she seemed to be confused by those buses being on there regularly.