Menu

Pages (27)    118 19 2027   
Andreos1   20 Jan 2024, 10:28 pm
(20 Jan 2024, 10:16 pm)Dan wrote My oh my, Andreos - you have your fingers in many pies.

All I can say is that I am sure Ambassador will be pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoenix or SNE.
Its got to be.
Maybe Aline. 

Anyone else, I'm convinced you will have slagged off in one way or another. 
Nowt like a digital footprint to have helped burn those bridges over the years.

(20 Jan 2024, 9:29 pm)Unber43 wrote Wonder if its due to the downward spiral of the company?

Our very own Dan has standards.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Ambassador   20 Jan 2024, 11:07 pm
(20 Jan 2024, 10:16 pm)Dan wrote My oh my, Andreos - you have your fingers in many pies.

All I can say is that I am sure Ambassador will be pleased.

Oh Dan you tease! You’ve been a rare bright light.

I’d like to think your talents are remaining in the industry…but was the siren call of bus painting MD Marty G and lumo perhaps too hard to resist? 

Or is it something local council related, perhaps ahead of franchising…

Maybe Arriva….or have the Saudis seen you dressed as a rocket and decided you’re the man to lead Newcastle united to commercial glory

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Dan   20 Jan 2024, 11:16 pm
(20 Jan 2024, 11:07 pm)Ambassador wrote Oh Dan you tease! You’ve been a rare bright light.

I’d like to think your talents are remaining in the industry…but was the siren call of bus painting MD Marty G and lumo perhaps too hard to resist? 

Or is it something local council related, perhaps ahead of franchising…

Maybe Arriva….or have the Saudis seen you dressed as a rocket and decided you’re the man to lead Newcastle united to commercial glory

I’ll aim to shine brightly and lead the way, Ambassador!

I’m going to have to keep you in suspense a little longer, though, I’m afraid - Rocketman Dan benefits from having February off before taking up his new role![emoji6]

Ambassador   20 Jan 2024, 11:26 pm
(20 Jan 2024, 11:16 pm)Dan wrote I’ll aim to shine brightly and lead the way, Ambassador!

I’m going to have to keep you in suspense a little longer, though, I’m afraid - Rocketman Dan benefits from having February off before taking up his new role![emoji6]

Is it…your time to shine?

If you’ve been lucky enough to be put on gardening leave…do enjoy it. It’s like lockdown but with money and freedom

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   21 Jan 2024, 6:55 am
Our very own Daniel, leaving GNE, say it ain't so?

Let me be the first to congratulate you personally on this news and wish you well in your future endeavours wherever they may take you.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Ambassador   01 Feb 2024, 4:24 pm
Im currently sat on 6168 which is operating the commuter express X39. I can’t say this is encouraging me to leave the car.

It’s fairly busy but the seats are torn and graffitied with phone numbers scrawled over the back. Windows are scratched to bits, it stinks of fumes inside and is a horrendous ride. Why anyone would willingly use this over a car

On a plus it’s got lots of legroom but back to the car!
ne14ne1   05 Feb 2024, 12:21 pm
Have any of the blue or light green Xline vehicles had their new decals applied yet?
NL62WVW   05 Feb 2024, 6:42 pm
None of the Green ones as far as I know
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Graphite39A/39B/39   06 Feb 2024, 6:31 am
(05 Feb 2024, 6:42 pm)NL62WVW wrote None of the Green ones as far as I know
none of the blue ones have but i think 6311 is in paint shop as been out for 6 days
streetdeckfan   07 Feb 2024, 3:48 pm
Has the voice on the low bridge warning changed?
It sounds different to what I remember, but it's been a while since I've been on a decker that goes near a low bridge.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Graphite39A/39B/39   07 Feb 2024, 4:53 pm
has 680 been repainted if so any pics bc acourding to bus times its been repainted
Dan   07 Feb 2024, 5:17 pm
(07 Feb 2024, 4:53 pm)Graphite39A/39B/39 wrote has 680 been repainted if so any pics bc acourding to bus times its been repainted

Yes, it’s at Saltmeadows for repaint now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
nova347   07 Feb 2024, 5:34 pm
5404, rear display works but there are extremely bright LED's coming from behind the number destination etc all along the back, making it hard to read. 6312 rear display, there is a box of text just affect the bottom left of the destination/via section which is then put over the top destination so the writing over laps.
Unber43   10 Feb 2024, 8:48 am
6 out of 8 X21's are unbranded 13 year old buses

5 so far unbranded - absolutely pathetic
streetdeckfan   10 Feb 2024, 10:13 am
(10 Feb 2024, 8:48 am)Unber43 wrote 6 out of 8 X21's are unbranded 13 year old buses

5 so far unbranded - absolutely pathetic
Christ, can you just quit your whining for 5 minutes!

Unber43   10 Feb 2024, 10:32 am
(10 Feb 2024, 10:13 am)streetdeckfan wrote Christ, can you just quit your whining for 5 minutes!

I have for 18
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NL62WVW   10 Feb 2024, 3:14 pm
Riverside are having issues with streetdeck reliability, nothing to do with the vehicle's more of a case of repeatedly reported faults being ignored.
V514DFT   10 Feb 2024, 3:31 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 10:13 am)streetdeckfan wrote Christ, can you just quit your whining for 5 minutes!

Thankyou, someone finally said it

Kind Regards
Tez
mb134   10 Feb 2024, 3:43 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 3:14 pm)NL62WVW wrote Riverside are having issues with streetdeck reliability, nothing to do with the vehicle's more of a case of repeatedly reported faults being ignored.

A Facebook post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts page indicated that the same is happening with the X10 MMCs too, or at least 6353. If it is to be believed, then they clear the error then send it out again and it just continues to come up. 

It seems similar to Arriva Redcar, where the deckers on the X93 were evidently sent out last summer without having issues rectified as they constantly broke down on consecutive days. Essentially a sign of engineering either not taking defects seriously, or trying to cut corners.
NL62WVW   10 Feb 2024, 4:09 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 3:43 pm)mb134 wrote A Facebook post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts page indicated that the same is happening with the X10 MMCs too, or at least 6353. If it is to be believed, then they clear the error then send it out again and it just continues to come up. 

Exactly what is being done with the Streetdecks, breaks down, engineer comes out with a laptop and clears the fault, sends the driver on his/her way. Just goes round in circles as it happens again after 150 miles.

Views and Opinions are my own
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
nova347   10 Feb 2024, 4:21 pm
At this point there might as well be a laptop in each bus or at least a few dotted around between buses so they don't have to wait for an engineer if they're that common.
Graphite39A/39B/39   10 Feb 2024, 4:38 pm
probs next will be an angel on fire or an mmc or an xlines bus as they are been not look after propley
mb134   10 Feb 2024, 4:57 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 4:38 pm)Graphite39A/39B/39 wrote probs next will be an angel on fire or an mmc or an xlines bus as they are been not look after propley

Probably not, I think it's extremely unlikely they'll be knowingly sending anything out that isn't roadworthy.

For clarity, and somewhat simplified, there are things that drivers can report as wrong with their bus that can be categorised as a running/serviceable defect. The bus can be in service with these if engineering sign them off, but eventually they will need to be addressed. This is possibly where they are at with the StreetDecks, for example, given NL62WVW's post.
Ambassador   10 Feb 2024, 5:48 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 3:14 pm)NL62WVW wrote Riverside are having issues with streetdeck reliability, nothing to do with the vehicle's more of a case of repeatedly reported faults being ignored.

I guess this is why there are street decks on the 51/2 vs actually being on the 21

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   10 Feb 2024, 6:25 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 3:43 pm)mb134 wrote A Facebook post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts page indicated that the same is happening with the X10 MMCs too, or at least 6353. If it is to be believed, then they clear the error then send it out again and it just continues to come up. 

It seems similar to Arriva Redcar, where the deckers on the X93 were evidently sent out last summer without having issues rectified as they constantly broke down on consecutive days. Essentially a sign of engineering either not taking defects seriously, or trying to cut corners.
Are they trying to cut corners, or are they being forced too, due to pressure to get them out, funding and staffing levels
NL62WVW   10 Feb 2024, 7:19 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 5:48 pm)Ambassador wrote I guess this is why there are street decks on the 51/2 vs actually being on the 21

Correct, can get to it quicker to plug it in, rather than having to go to Durham/Bishop.

Views and Opinions are my own
BusLoverMum   10 Feb 2024, 8:46 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 5:48 pm)Ambassador wrote I guess this is why there are street decks on the 51/2 vs actually being on the 21

Obviously keeps them closer to home than the arnison centre bus stop which appears to have become a bit of a service bay for both GNE and ANE, lately.
Ambassador   10 Feb 2024, 9:22 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 7:19 pm)NL62WVW wrote Correct, can get to it quicker to plug it in, rather than having to go to Durham/Bishop.

If only the company’s flagship route had a depot halfway between the two points where they could do this!

On a side note, I rode 6220 from low fell to Chester today on the 21.

Lord above what a heap. Condensation inside so the seats were literally damp, bizarre blue lighting and an engine that sounded like it would explode past 25mph

Whatever London was paid for these heaps, it was too much

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   10 Feb 2024, 9:26 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 6:25 pm)Unber43 wrote Are they trying to cut corners, or are they being forced too, due to pressure to get them out, funding and staffing levels

I'd hazard a guess that budget and resource pressures will have an impact, regardless of any questions there may be around competence.

Whack in a load of targets they will have around vehicles being on the road and first time fix rates and they're on a hiding to nothing.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Storx   10 Feb 2024, 10:07 pm
(10 Feb 2024, 9:22 pm)Ambassador wrote Lord above what a heap. Condensation inside so the seats were literally damp, bizarre blue lighting and an engine that sounded like it would explode past 25mph

Must admit, these baffle me. I know London has it's dodgy areas but I assume that they're not there because there was problems with needles and people injecting on buses which is usually why blue light is used.

I haven't been on them, but blue light in general is unpleasant, infact that colour blue in general is which GNE seemed to love in the past which I'd generally link to water and ice - two things I don't particular want on a bus.
Pages (27)    118 19 2027