You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Greenmountain Travel
Green Mountain Travel appear to be running the Tyne Pedestrain Tunnel replacement service. When I used the service today they were using Mercedes 614D Excel BX05VNN with the 16 space bike trailer. For the driver shift change at 14.45 they used Sprinter NJ63XSB.
Site Administrator
(05 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Green Mountain Travel appear to be running the Tyne Pedestrain Tunnel replacement service. When I used the service today they were using Mercedes 614D Excel BX05VNN with the 16 space bike trailer. For the driver shift change at 14.45 they used Sprinter NJ63XSB.

I saw the same (or a similar) minibus when I was crossing the Tyne Tunnel on the 9 last month. Hadn't thought that they could have been running the Pedestrian Tunnel replacement service. Cheers for confirming!
(09 Jul 2016, 5:03 pm)tyresmoke wrote Another new addition to the full size fleet appears to be MAN Panther YN07EAG - which is wearing a two tone blue livery advertising Northumbria University - https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/27269804813

They've had it since late 2015, they also have one of its sister vehicles but I can't remember the reg.

Charles
(10 Jul 2016, 10:41 am)Charles41 wrote They've had it since late 2015, they also have one of its sister vehicles but I can't remember the reg.

Charles

Cheers Charles, I did some more research while adding a fleetlist for these... turns out they've got YN07EAE, EAF and EAG.
(11 Oct 2017, 10:45 am)omnicity4659 wrote Primo MX07 BAU is in use here...with some interesting urban90/Arriva Lazzerini seat combos...

Is this for the Green Mountain Tyne Tunnel shuttle bus?

Site Administrator
Greenmountain Travel
Did I read somewhere that the E200 needs a new engine, and it’s not affordable so they are loaning the B7RLE from Henry Cooper for the foreseeable to run the Morpeth service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(22 Oct 2022, 6:30 am)Dan wrote Did I read somewhere that the E200 needs a new engine, and it’s not affordable so they are loaning the B7RLE from Henry Cooper for the foreseeable to run the Morpeth service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I saw that, supposedly going to be 20k or somewhere in that region for a new engine. They've had the use of the Henry Cooper B7RLE for a while now.
(22 Oct 2022, 10:26 am)Jimmi wrote Yep I saw that, supposedly going to be 20k or somewhere in that region for a new engine. They've had the use of the Henry Cooper B7RLE for a while now.
Would it not be worth just getting an Ex-Arriva/GNE bus or something instead of loaning the B7RLE.

Also the E200 is that the 68 Plate one?
(22 Oct 2022, 11:07 am)Unber43 wrote Would it not be worth just getting an Ex-Arriva/GNE bus or something instead of loaning the B7RLE.

Also the E200 is that the 68 Plate one?
Yes the 200 MMC Is YX68 UMS
They haven't painted the E200MMV either, it's still in the colours of previous operator Celtic Travel.

Main thing is both vehicles still look tidy and well present and to be fair GMT never had a livery. So I think as far as they're concerned is that as long as the vehicle looks well presented then that's good enough.