You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Redcar depot
Seen 4716 get into Guisborough this morning on the 81 then had Caution ! vehicle breakdown on the display a little while after I seen it again sat at the Market Place Bus Stop. 

Also seen a rammed full 7406 on the first X93 heading out of Guisbrough to Whitby. A fair few standing on the lower deck.
(22 Mar 2024, 8:45 pm)Ryland wrote 1439 tracking in Northumberland and teesside. Just checking 1439 hasn't moved has it

Nope 1439 is at whitby I seen it today on the x4
Again, Redcar Depot is a mess right now. 2 Deckers on the 62. A Temsa on the X93. One MMC (7579) has stopped tracking on the X93. That could be a technical problem tho. And all X94's are Single Deckers. It's a really good job it ain't actual summer yet, where alot of people will be wanting to go to Whitby & Scarborough
Redcar having issues today or technical issue. Lots of buses coming off routes being swapped then stopped tracking

1436 is tracking for the first time since December and pressed into x94 route
(26 Mar 2024, 3:40 pm)Mike_98 wrote Again, Redcar Depot is a mess right now. 2 Deckers on the 62. A Temsa on the X93. One MMC (7579) has stopped tracking on the X93. That could be a technical problem tho. And all X94's are Single Deckers. It's a really good job it ain't actual summer yet, where alot of people will be wanting to go to Whitby & Scarborough
7879 was only having tracking issues that's all

(26 Mar 2024, 2:18 pm)Spottybus wrote Only on loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omg frightened that u gonna loses another pulsar duh ?????
(27 Mar 2024, 2:59 pm)Ryland wrote Redcar having issues today or technical issue. Lots of buses coming off routes being swapped then stopped tracking

1436 is tracking for the first time since December and pressed into x94 route

If the tracking is correct and 1436 is back on the road, it's with a new engine. So it should be able to handle hills just fine. Good to see things are getting fixed though Also 1438 should be returning to service soon.
Redcar depot
(27 Mar 2024, 3:22 pm)Mark66t wrote 7879 was only having tracking issues that's all

Omg frightened that u gonna loses another pulsar duh ?????

I don’t know what your problem is with me commenting on here if you don’t like it then don’t comment at all

(27 Mar 2024, 11:27 pm)Spottybus wrote I don’t know what your problem is with me commenting on here if you don’t like it then don’t comment at all

Just to let u know Stockton have lost 1404 it's permanent transferred to Ashington
(28 Mar 2024, 7:04 pm)Mark66t wrote  Just to let u know Stockton have lost 1404 it's permanent transferred to Ashington

It's officially 'on loan' - until 7574 is repaired.
Redcar depot
Official line seems to be it’s transferred following the end of MC contracts hence PVR reduction but nobody seems to know for sure as Redcar apparently under the impression they’re still operating after Easter until the summer…

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Unless the tracker wrong currently up to 64 minute delay on x4.
4 temsa looked to be tracking. 4715 came off this morning.

No surprise Redcar are already struggling to meet demand with alot of buses still off the road
(30 Mar 2024, 1:51 pm)Ryland wrote Unless the tracker wrong currently up to 64 minute delay on x4.

No surprise Redcar are already struggling to meet demand with alot of buses still off the road

Two were following each other on Thursday PM towards Whitby. 
Did some digging and there was one running 10mins late initially and just didn't make up any time. But lost loads. 

Based on the last three rides I've had on Redcar vehicles, work needs doing to help them get up and down those hills.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(30 Mar 2024, 1:51 pm)Ryland wrote Unless the tracker wrong currently up to 64 minute delay on x4.

4717 can't climbed hills that struggle like mad and it was on yesterday again

Whitby town don't help as that's been really really crazy the past few days so really u can expect hold up ence with the late running
(28 Mar 2024, 7:08 pm)tyresmoke wrote Official line seems to be it’s transferred following the end of MC contracts hence PVR reduction but nobody seems to know for sure as Redcar apparently under the impression they’re still operating after Easter until the summer…

MC contracts retained until end of the year. MC5 operating using the late starting X94 board, allows for the release of 1404.
(31 Mar 2024, 10:16 am)Ryland wrote 4712 on the x93 ouch

And the smokey pulsar was 1453

Turbo packed up  I herd  it did the same thing as 1572 did last year
Redcar depot
(31 Mar 2024, 10:16 am)Ryland wrote 4712 on the x93 ouch

And the smokey pulsar was 1453

4712 is one of the best Temsas, along with 4719 of course.

Redcar depot
(31 Mar 2024, 9:22 am)RobinHood wrote MC contracts retained until end of the year. MC5 operating using the late starting X94 board, allows for the release of 1404.

Makes sense!

(31 Mar 2024, 3:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote 4712 is one of the best Temsas, along with 4719 of course.

Yep agreed, also 4707 and 4725 are great too in my opinion. To be fair though Redcar's allocations haven't been great recently. Then again, a decent amount of Redcars Pulsars are sluggish and terrible on hills so can't really blame them for throwing Temsas out on the X4 and X93.
Redcar depot
(31 Mar 2024, 10:43 pm)Unber43 wrote Saw a photo of a decker on the X93 rammed and standing, should it not bve increased to every 30 mins

That’s what the X94s are for

(01 Apr 2024, 7:21 am)tyresmoke wrote That’s what the X94s are for

Well I don't know if the MMC's have dodgy trackers but 2 haven't been used for a few days. They're throwing out Single Deckers unless the tracking is wrong of course
(01 Apr 2024, 2:34 pm)Mike_98 wrote Well I don't know if the MMC's have dodgy trackers but 2 haven't been used for a few days. They're throwing out Single Deckers unless the tracking is wrong of course

I notice one is 7579, which did love a spell VOR at Ashington. Constant red engine management lights, and spent a number of weeks at various points on the 35 so it was easy to recover when the inevitable happened. ADL went to look at it multiple times, and it seemed to take an age to sort it - unless they still haven't.
Redcar depot
(01 Apr 2024, 5:06 pm)Ryland wrote Mid afternoon only 2 buses were tracking on the x93. Either was a tracking issue or reliability issue

All 4 were out there, I passed 1420 still going after its tracking gave up!

Random question
1433 and 1449 are still both branded amazing 63 and 8. With stockton degrading a couple of there frequenta will redcar do the same with these two.

Also any news on 1438 is due to come back into service