You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - Second-hand vehicle acquisitions

Go North East - Second-hand vehicle acquisitions

RE: Go North East - Second-hand vehicle acquisitions
(30 Apr 2024, 1:52 pm)Retro Nero wrote 6233 is out and about in Gateshead, any pics?

I think it's a false tracking. On Saturday it was 6223 not 6233. Could be accurate now, I haven't seen it.
Open Top Fleet should be as follows....
6993 - SNZ1104 - Scania N230UD / ADL Enviro 400 - Previously registered DF09OXF.
6994 - NLZ5111 - Scania N230UD / ADL Enviro 400 - Previously registered EF09OXF.
6995 - MIG7113 - Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 - Previously registered LX60DWZ.
6996 - LIG9116 - Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 - Previously registered LX60DXC.
(03 Jun 2024, 3:35 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote If bustimes is to be believed, 6232 is currently on service 16.
Bustimes is correct

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk
(03 Jun 2024, 3:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote Bustimes is correct

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk

6233 was parked up in Consett bus station at teatime. Not sure if it was for staff shuttles or for service.
(03 Jun 2024, 5:02 pm)Tiger5105 wrote 6233 was parked up in Consett bus station at teatime. Not sure if it was for staff shuttles or for service.

It's been at Sunderland for a few weeks and now onto it's home at Consett
(03 Jun 2024, 6:14 pm)Retro Nero wrote It's been at Sunderland for a few weeks and now onto it's home at Consett

Passed 6233 at Medomsley at 4pm today Not in Service. Maybe done a schools but not tracking on bustimes?
Wasn’t there a few more secondhand streetlites to arrive?, I’m sure it was mentioned before that there were still in use down south

Site Administrator
Perhaps the ones from Swindon could replace the last of the most elderly Versa in the GNE fleet?
Swindon Bus Company have 7 Wright Streetlite DF's in there fleet which are noted below:

411 - WX12 GEJ
412 - WX12 GDZ
413 - WX12 GDY
414 - WX12 GDU
415 - WX12 GDU
416 - WX12 GDO
417 - SK63 GAA
(27 Aug 2024, 12:18 am)Rapidsnap wrote Swindon Bus Company have withdrawn their 7 Streetlites (411-417) from service in preperation for transfer to Go North East.

Which depot are these going too again?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Sep 2024, 1:53 pm)deanmachine wrote The oldest Streetlites yet for GNE. Fab.

Presumably to replace the older Optare Versa and to move towards vehicle standardisation
(05 Sep 2024, 1:53 pm)deanmachine wrote The oldest Streetlites yet for GNE. Fab.
(16 Sep 2024, 8:15 am)busmanT wrote Presumably to replace the older Optare Versa and to move towards vehicle standardisation

I mean they're definitely an upgrade on the Versas. The ex-first ones from GNW seem to have much better leg room than the GNE spec'd ones.

It is however impressive that they managed to reupholster the bus, yet miss all the GNW branding. The cove panelling is still carrying info about Go North West performance and fares, which I imagine is of little use to most people in Sunderland.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Sep 2024, 12:30 pm)Adrian wrote I mean they're definitely an upgrade on the Versas. The ex-first ones from GNW seem to have much better leg room than the GNE spec'd ones.

It is however impressive that they managed to reupholster the bus, yet miss all the GNW branding. The cove panelling is still carrying info about Go North West performance and fares, which I imagine is of little use to most people in Sunderland.

First's Streetlites are 41 seaters - in comparison, Arriva's are 44 seaters and GNE's are 45. So they have a row less than the GNE ones.