You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: GNE Socials…
(16 May 2024, 4:21 pm)Rob44 wrote Ive got a great line... We dont promise or offer refunds if your bus does't turn up - we Guarantee it will!

** terms and condition apply**

That's incorrect. Under the Enhanced Partnership, all operators are signed up to a Bus Passenger Charter: https://www.northeast-ca.gov.uk/passengercharter

If you've been given a standard response or feel you haven't been compensated adequately for service disruption, then point customer services to the charter. If they still refuse to deal with it per the charter, then contact buses@transportnortheast.gov.uk and ask for it to be taken to a meeting of the Local Bus Board for your area.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 May 2024, 1:25 pm)Rapidsnap wrote What's next?

Drag races

Have you noticed which paper HASN'T reported on that too? Chronicle will forever be taking GNEs hush money (assumption). Either that, or they're right up GNEs arse hole with a dildo and their tounge sticking up for them 24/7.
Idk what GNE page I should post this in but my hearts telling me this one. I've sent a lengthy email to both Go North East and Nexus which I will attach here. I really do not know who to turn to about this situation, which is why I'm asking other enthusiasts (especially the older and wiser ones) on their advise on who I should contact. I am well aware Nexus can't do anything, but I need to contact someone higher than Go North East for affective action. Enjoy the read and the juicy information and I hope someone can give me some good advice on who to complain to.

Hello, I am writing to Nexus for advice regarding Go North East for multiple complaints and how incompetent they are! I'm also sending this email to Go North East too, so they know why I'm complaining.

I wrote a complaint in regarding an incident on the 8th of April aboard the X-lines X10 service in Stockton. They rang me once, under the name "Good Brews" (which is a coffee shop in Gateshead Interchange) and left no voicemail. I then received an email from Go Ahead saying that they tried to ring me, and that's when I noticed they rang on a different alias to Go North East. I've then contact Go North East by telephone today (22nd May), for the guy on the phone to tell me that other staff members have noted that they've tried to ring me multiple times and even left voicemails. This is a lie. I have indisputable evidence that they've only rang once, using a different businesses name, and left no voicemail. 

If a police officer reported false information on their system, they would be fired and taken to court, so I don't see how it's any different for Go North East to note false information.

I am seeking, as it is my right to, compensation for the incident on board the X10 on 8th April, the delay in response and the lies created regarding calling me multiple times. This incident would result in me going back to Newcastle on the next day to go to a doctors appointment for the injury it caused me, and back on to Stockton on the same day to try and enjoy the rest of our holiday, using Arriva's X12 service. This has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety, and have not boarded the X10 since.

Although the incident happened while going away for a few nights to Stockton with my girlfriend, my little brother (who has a different mother to me) lives in Peterlee with his mam and our dad, and I haven't been down to see either of them since the incident occurred, as I'm petrified I'll either get the same horrible and dangerous bus driver, or that Go North East won't care if I bring any wrong doings to their attention.
I've had absolutely zero reassurance about this driver and that it won't happen again. Go North East need to take a page out of Stagcoach's book as I know for a fine fact if I had the same incident with Stagecoach, they'd be on my side in a heartbeat. Stagecoach are amazing at keeping their customers happy, unlike Go North East. At this rate, Gateshead Central Taxi's is a better company that GNE.

I also want to make it clear that the guy I spoke to on the phone today (I think his name was Lee), was absolutey amazing in helping me, and he was only reading out notes written by other staff members. However, upon hearing what was written about me, I got extremely upset and makes me wonder if Go North East are even trustworthy. They advertise being the best company in the UK with the best drivers, however they have proved otherwise on multiple occasions. 

I want action to be taken today. If not, I have a big long paragraph saved in my notes ready to send to local news paper to expose the disgraceful customer service provided by Go North East.

I am aware Nexus won't be able to do anything, which is why I am writing for advise. I need to complain to someone higher than Go North East, so effective action is actually taken. 
(22 May 2024, 2:39 pm)Lewispark1509 wrote Idk what GNE page I should post this in but my hearts telling me this one. I've sent a lengthy email to both Go North East and Nexus which I will attach here. I really do not know who to turn to about this situation, which is why I'm asking other enthusiasts (especially the older and wiser ones) on their advise on who I should contact. I am well aware Nexus can't do anything, but I need to contact someone higher than Go North East for affective action. Enjoy the read and the juicy information and I hope someone can give me some good advice on who to complain to.

Hello, I am writing to Nexus for advice regarding Go North East for multiple complaints and how incompetent they are! I'm also sending this email to Go North East too, so they know why I'm complaining.

I wrote a complaint in regarding an incident on the 8th of April aboard the X-lines X10 service in Stockton. They rang me once, under the name "Good Brews" (which is a coffee shop in Gateshead Interchange) and left no voicemail. I then received an email from Go Ahead saying that they tried to ring me, and that's when I noticed they rang on a different alias to Go North East. I've then contact Go North East by telephone today (22nd May), for the guy on the phone to tell me that other staff members have noted that they've tried to ring me multiple times and even left voicemails. This is a lie. I have indisputable evidence that they've only rang once, using a different businesses name, and left no voicemail. 

If a police officer reported false information on their system, they would be fired and taken to court, so I don't see how it's any different for Go North East to note false information.

I am seeking, as it is my right to, compensation for the incident on board the X10 on 8th April, the delay in response and the lies created regarding calling me multiple times. This incident would result in me going back to Newcastle on the next day to go to a doctors appointment for the injury it caused me, and back on to Stockton on the same day to try and enjoy the rest of our holiday, using Arriva's X12 service. This has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety, and have not boarded the X10 since.

Although the incident happened while going away for a few nights to Stockton with my girlfriend, my little brother (who has a different mother to me) lives in Peterlee with his mam and our dad, and I haven't been down to see either of them since the incident occurred, as I'm petrified I'll either get the same horrible and dangerous bus driver, or that Go North East won't care if I bring any wrong doings to their attention.
I've had absolutely zero reassurance about this driver and that it won't happen again. Go North East need to take a page out of Stagcoach's book as I know for a fine fact if I had the same incident with Stagecoach, they'd be on my side in a heartbeat. Stagecoach are amazing at keeping their customers happy, unlike Go North East. At this rate, Gateshead Central Taxi's is a better company that GNE.

I also want to make it clear that the guy I spoke to on the phone today (I think his name was Lee), was absolutey amazing in helping me, and he was only reading out notes written by other staff members. However, upon hearing what was written about me, I got extremely upset and makes me wonder if Go North East are even trustworthy. They advertise being the best company in the UK with the best drivers, however they have proved otherwise on multiple occasions. 

I want action to be taken today. If not, I have a big long paragraph saved in my notes ready to send to local news paper to expose the disgraceful customer service provided by Go North East.

I am aware Nexus won't be able to do anything, which is why I am writing for advise. I need to complain to someone higher than Go North East, so effective action is actually taken. 

I don't want to go into details of the incident as it's not for me and don't know which one it is but it sounds like you're looking for Bus Users UK, they deal with that sort of stuff.

They can be found at https://bususers.org/passengers/complaints/
(22 May 2024, 2:39 pm)Lewispark1509 wrote Idk what GNE page I should post this in but my hearts telling me this one. I've sent a lengthy email to both Go North East and Nexus which I will attach here. I really do not know who to turn to about this situation, which is why I'm asking other enthusiasts (especially the older and wiser ones) on their advise on who I should contact. I am well aware Nexus can't do anything, but I need to contact someone higher than Go North East for affective action. Enjoy the read and the juicy information and I hope someone can give me some good advice on who to complain to.

Nexus isn't a regulator, so there's nothing they can really do in regards to your complaint, as the X10 is a commercial service. In addition to what Storx has suggested though, there's a couple things you could do:

You can (or should!) be able to see the content of any customer services tickets by going to https://help.gonortheast.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests. If you haven't an account, you'll need to register one under the same email address that you've emailed them from. 

If that fails, or you can't see the full details, you can request this from the operator using a Subject Access request. See here for details: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/make-a...s-request/

On a personal preference, I'd request any communication by email. You then have a written record of any conversation. I'd also request details of dates/times they've called you, and on what number they've attempted to call you on? If they've called and left a voicemail on an incorrect number, they should confirm the content of the voicemails they've left you, so you can ascertain they haven't leaked any personal data.

As I wrote above, all operators have signed up to a Bus Passenger Charter (https://www.northeast-ca.gov.uk/passengercharter), which includes the commercial services that they run. So if you've been given a standard response or feel you haven't been compensated adequately for service disruption, then point customer services to the 'Enhanced Partnership bus passenger charter' in the first instance. If they still refuse to deal with it per the charter, then contact buses@transportnortheast.gov.uk (not Nexus) and ask for it to be taken to a meeting of the Local Bus Board for your area.

Hope this is useful.
(23 May 2024, 11:01 am)Adrian wrote Nexus isn't a regulator, so there's nothing they can really do in regards to your complaint, as the X10 is a commercial service. In addition to what Storx has suggested though, there's a couple things you could do:

You can (or should!) be able to see the content of any customer services tickets by going to https://help.gonortheast.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests. If you haven't an account, you'll need to register one under the same email address that you've emailed them from. 

If that fails, or you can't see the full details, you can request this from the operator using a Subject Access request. See here for details: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/make-a...s-request/

On a personal preference, I'd request any communication by email. You then have a written record of any conversation. I'd also request details of dates/times they've called you, and on what number they've attempted to call you on? If they've called and left a voicemail on an incorrect number, they should confirm the content of the voicemails they've left you, so you can ascertain they haven't leaked any personal data.

As I wrote above, all operators have signed up to a Bus Passenger Charter (https://www.northeast-ca.gov.uk/passengercharter), which includes the commercial services that they run. So if you've been given a standard response or feel you haven't been compensated adequately for service disruption, then point customer services to the 'Enhanced Partnership bus passenger charter' in the first instance. If they still refuse to deal with it per the charter, then contact buses@transportnortheast.gov.uk (not Nexus) and ask for it to be taken to a meeting of the Local Bus Board for your area.

Hope this is useful.

Good advice, mind unsure the bit in bold might apply here since the incident was in Stockton. I'd assume that it would be whatever charter has been signed down with TVCA instead but I'm not sure what the rules are for cross boundary trips. It's a right grey area but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lot up here want to wash their hands of it.
(23 May 2024, 1:08 pm)Storx wrote Good advice, mind unsure the bit in bold might apply here since the incident was in Stockton. I'd assume that it would be whatever charter has been signed down with TVCA instead but I'm not sure what the rules are for cross boundary trips. It's a right grey area but I wouldn't be surprised to see the lot up here want to wash their hands of it.

It is, yeah. The partnership agreement is remarkably silent about cross-boundary services, so I think it's worth challenging, if only to get that clarity.
(23 May 2024, 1:22 pm)Adrian wrote It is, yeah. The partnership agreement is remarkably silent about cross-boundary services, so I think it's worth challenging, if only to get that clarity.

Yeah agreed actually. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you ended up with a response of:

NECA: Not our problem, it's outside our area, talk to TVCA. 
TVCA: Not our problem, the ticket was bought outside our area, talk to NECA. 

It's the sort of nonsense you generally get when councils / governments don't work together.