You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: July 2024 changes
(11 Jun 2024, 1:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc...aedd0ac77a 44B

Think they all ended up being included in the Stanley Shuttle 'brand'

Thanks for confirming thought it was a Sunday service. It's a complete mess of a corridor I know that and still is. This new X73 being the latest of many down there. Be interesting to see if it's running the 44 route between Sunniside and Dipton which has been unserved for years now.
(11 Jun 2024, 1:55 pm)Storx wrote Thanks for confirming thought it was a Sunday service. It's a complete mess of a corridor I know that and still is. This new X73 being the latest of many down there. Be interesting to see if it's running the 44 route between Sunniside and Dipton which has been unserved for years now.

Made even messier when they purchased Stanley Taxis and took the MC services with them - before getting rid. 
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...h-East.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwisoaLw4tOGAxX_zgIHHQK2D-UQFnoECCAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2V_U_UwZtwgQUK4TStVqlz
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Jun 2024, 2:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote Made even messier when they purchased Stanley Taxis and took the MC services with them - before getting rid. 
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...h-East.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwisoaLw4tOGAxX_zgIHHQK2D-UQFnoECCAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2V_U_UwZtwgQUK4TStVqlz

Aye they extended the X30 to Lanchester and just binned the rest of it off if I remember right?
So I had this theory earlier today

Gne won't run the 67/69 from Wardley to QE & won't run the 39/39A/39B from Pennywell to Sunderland & Doxford Park to Washington/Houghton-le-Spring.

Nexus haven't posted a consultation meaning that Nexus have to change these routes somehow. I know I've heard Jh Coaches have a 37 replacement for Doxford to Washington Galleries but what about the rest

39A/B Pennywell
67/69 QE Wardley
39A Houghton Le Spring.

It makes me wonder if gne or even stagecoach will have to make changes to routes these cut parts

Nexus would also have to release news on the website to announce the plans of the changes to these routes as they will have to inform people about the changes
(11 Jun 2024, 9:04 pm)Aaron21 wrote So I had this theory earlier today

Gne won't run the 67/69 from Wardley to QE & won't run the 39/39A/39B from Pennywell to Sunderland & Doxford Park to Washington/Houghton-le-Spring.

Nexus haven't posted a consultation meaning that Nexus have to change these routes somehow. I know I've heard Jh Coaches have a 37 replacement for Doxford to Washington Galleries but what about the rest

39A/B Pennywell
67/69 QE Wardley
39A Houghton Le Spring.

It makes me wonder if gne or even stagecoach will have to make changes to routes these cut parts

Nexus would also have to release news on the website to announce the plans of the changes to these routes as they will have to inform people about the changes

And why would Stagecoach route the X24/X24A/X34 through Wardley?
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Jun 2024, 12:25 am)V514DFT wrote And why would Stagecoach route the X24/X24A/X34 through Wardley?

Where in the world did I say that. What u on about. I'm talking about the Pennywell section. I didn't even mention the X24/A/34
(12 Jun 2024, 8:15 am)Aaron21 wrote Where in the world did I say that. What u on about. I'm talking about the Pennywell section. I didn't even mention the X24/A/34

Maybe if you wrote stuff that makes sense people would understand better?
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Jun 2024, 8:22 am)V514DFT wrote Maybe if you wrote stuff that makes sense people would understand better?

What's wrong with it

I said 39A/B Pennywell. 67/69 QE Wardley. 39A Houghton Le Spring. I don't see what's wrong with that. You need to read it better like. 

Can't understand how I could have worded it any better. Read it again next time properly

39A/B Pennywell
67/69 QE Wardley
39A Houghton Le Spring.

I think people thought you meant stagecoach would have to change there route to cover the parts GNE are not covering on the 67/69 section in Wardly and leam lane. ??
(12 Jun 2024, 9:37 am)Rob44 wrote I think people thought you meant stagecoach would have to change there route to cover the parts GNE are not covering on the 67/69 section in Wardly and leam lane. ??

No God no. I was talking about the Pennywell section for the 39A/B. It's why I said "maybe Go North East or even". A lot of talk was put on the Even part for Stagecoach
(12 Jun 2024, 11:03 am)Retro Nero wrote Service 9 will probably no longer interwork with the service 5 at Jarrow, so the 5 will interwork at Shields...24,5,5,24  same as the 26 does.
and service 9 will stand alone.

Didnt the 5 used to interwork with the 50 at South Shields, possibly revert back to that?, then the 24/26 interwork?, i've seen nothing mentioned on VOSA but im wondering if North Shields are going to end up with the 9/10/11 since they go to different places which would be an interesting move, bit like in the 310/319 days, 310 went to Blyth and 319 to Cramlington, so its a bit like that but going South instead of North
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Jun 2024, 11:53 am)V514DFT wrote Didnt the 5 used to interwork with the 50 at South Shields, possibly revert back to that?, then the 24/26 interwork?, i've seen nothing mentioned on VOSA but im wondering if North Shields are going to end up with the 9/10/11 since they go to different places which would be an interesting move, bit like in the 310/319 days, 310 went to Blyth and 319 to Cramlington, so its a bit like that but going South instead of North

The 9 will replace the 10/11

39A/B Pennywell
67/69 QE Wardley
39A Houghton Le Spring.

Go North East aren’t changing the Pennywell to Doxford part of the 39. 

Wardley isn’t a big place! 
It already has the 57 every 30 minutes, plus Metro at Pelaw isn’t far away for those on the north side of the Felling by-pass. And doesn’t the 558 run past Wardley as well?
(12 Jun 2024, 11:53 am)V514DFT wrote Didnt the 5 used to interwork with the 50 at South Shields, possibly revert back to that?, then the 24/26 interwork?, i've seen nothing mentioned on VOSA but im wondering if North Shields are going to end up with the 9/10/11 since they go to different places which would be an interesting move, bit like in the 310/319 days, 310 went to Blyth and 319 to Cramlington, so its a bit like that but going South instead of North

The 319 didn't go into North Shields. Its route was Sunderland - Jarrow - Wallsend - Killingworth - Cramlington.
(12 Jun 2024, 12:37 pm)Ex-conductor wrote The 319 didn't go into North Shields. Its route was Sunderland - Jarrow - Wallsend - Killingworth - Cramlington.

Well aware of that thanks
Kind Regards
Tez
24 ,26 interwork but also 24, 5 interwork. as the 24 is a 15 minutes service
(12 Jun 2024, 12:36 pm)busmanT wrote Go North East aren’t changing the Pennywell to Doxford part of the 39. 

Wardley isn’t a big place! 
It already has the 57 every 30 minutes, plus Metro at Pelaw isn’t far away for those on the north side of the Felling by-pass. And doesn’t the 558 run past Wardley as well?

When ive used the 69 during the GNE strike you would be amazed how many people from wardly all the way through to southend road used the bus to get to Joseph swan school, satlwell park and blaydon Primary care.  Don't think the metro or the 57 go that way
(12 Jun 2024, 3:59 pm)Rob44 wrote When ive used the 69 during the GNE strike you would be amazed how many people from wardly all the way through to southend road used the bus to get to Joseph swan school, satlwell park and blaydon Primary care.  Don't think the metro or the 57 go that way

69, gigidy
Kind Regards
Tez
(12 Jun 2024, 3:33 pm)Retro Nero wrote 24 ,26 interwork but also 24, 5 interwork. as the 24 is a 15 minutes service

It'll be interesting to see the interworking pattern as those 3 services only won't work well, if I've worked it out right without a timetable change, doing a 24 -> 26 -> 26 -> 24 -> 24 -> 5 -> 5 -> 24 at least would be:

(24) 10.03 -> 10.35
(26) 10.40 -> 11:47
(26) 11:47 -> 13:02
(24) 13.07 -> 13.41
---- SOMETHING HERE? ---
(24) 13.48 -> 14:20
(5) 14:30 -> 15:26
(5) 15:47 -> 16:40
(24) 16:47 -> 17:21
--- SOMETHING HERE? ---

Wouldn't be surprised to see something thrown in the gaps tbh and can't see them wanting that 21 minute sitting around long term at Jarrow either, really wouldn't be surprised to see more timetable changes to make it work to something like Sunday where it's all over the place.
Wonder if GNE has finally realised the situation on the X10 & X21, and the X30/X31 route change will be to operate via Ravensworth Road to avoid the 14"3 bridge on Ellison Road? Subsequenty releasing some way more suited and much needed E400MMC's to Riverside and in return, Consett getting 6356-63 with a mixed allocation on the X30/X31, X45 and X71/X72/X73
Site Administrator
July 2024 changes
(13 Jun 2024, 6:34 pm)L469 YVK wrote Wonder if GNE has finally realised the situation on the X10 & X21, and the X30/X31 route change will be to operate via Ravensworth Road to avoid the 14"3 bridge on Ellison Road? Subsequenty releasing some way more suited and much needed E400MMC's to Riverside and in return, Consett getting 6356-63 with a mixed allocation on the X30/X31, X45 and X71/X72/X73

Why should customers on the X30/X31 have increased journey times and be inconvenienced by a busy bus stop being omitted just to allow the fleet to be re-shuffled?

The solution to older buses being used on the X10 and X21, as I have said before, is just to fix the problems that the allocated buses have. Not to move the problem elsewhere and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30/31 - Newcastle Eldon Square - Central Station - Dunston - Whickham - Sunniside - Marley Hill - Byermoor - Burnopfield - Tantobie - Dipton - Harelow - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - New Kyo - Oxhill - Stanley Bus Station - Tanfield Lea - Tantobie - Tanfield - Causey Arch - Sunniside - Whickham - Dunston - Central Station - Newcastle Eldon Square

Dropping the "X" Prefix and X-Lines Brand I have came up with a Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise Looped Service of the Stanley Area connecting all areas with Newcastle without any gaps...well with the exception of Hobson/Crookgate Bank to which I have alternative suggestion.

Both the 30/31 would operate Hourly Monday to Sunday as they do currently.

7 - Stanley - Shield Row - Kip Hill - Tanfield - Crookgate Bank - Burnopfield - Rowlands Gill - Winlaton Mill - Winlaton (Blaydon Bank) - Blaydon - Newcastle Central Station - Newcastle Eldon Square

Service would operate Hourly Monday to Sunday connecting disconnected areas between Stanley and Blaydon to Newcastle.
(13 Jun 2024, 7:04 pm)Malarkey wrote 30/31 - Newcastle Eldon Square - Central Station - Dunston - Whickham - Sunniside - Marley Hill - Byermoor - Burnopfield - Tantobie - Dipton - Harelow - Catchgate - Annfield Plain - New Kyo - Oxhill - Stanley Bus Station - Tanfield Lea - Tantobie - Tanfield - Causey Arch - Sunniside - Whickham - Dunston - Central Station - Newcastle Eldon Square

Dropping the "X" Prefix and X-Lines Brand I have came up with a Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise Looped Service of the Stanley Area connecting all areas with Newcastle without any gaps...well with the exception of Hobson/Crookgate Bank to which I have alternative suggestion.

Both the 30/31 would operate Hourly Monday to Sunday as they do currently.

7 - Stanley - Shield Row - Kip Hill - Tanfield - Crookgate Bank - Burnopfield - Rowlands Gill - Winlaton Mill - Winlaton (Blaydon Bank) - Blaydon - Newcastle Central Station - Newcastle Eldon Square

Service would operate Hourly Monday to Sunday connecting disconnected areas between Stanley and Blaydon to Newcastle.

To infrequent that imo. If you're going go down fantasy routes and had an open door of buses I'd just do.

X30: Hourly via Lobley Hill and Gateshead
X31: Hourly via Lobley Hill and Gateshead
X70: Hourly
X71: Hourly
X72: Scrapped
96: Every 30 Minutes
97(1): Every 30 Minutes
X97: Every 30 Minutes (X30 Newcastle to Whickham only, looping around the 97 loop)
6: Every 30 Minutes (Old 43 Route)
7: Every 30 Minutes (Old 44 Route)

6/7: Every 15 Minutes, Sunniside to Newcastle via Metrocentre
X30/X31/X70/X71: Every 15 Minutes, Sunniside to Newcastle via Gateshead
96/97: Every 15 Minutes, Lobley Hill to Gateshead / Newcastle
97/X97: Every 15 Minutes, around Whickham
6/7/97: 6 BPH, Whickham to Metrocentre

It's much cleaner than the mess now imo and I wouldn't be surprised if the PVR would be too indifferent with these new changes.
The X30/31 works well enough as a route, if any change is needed it just skip A194 to Redheugh bridge and operate via Centrelink to avoid the queues on the bridge which are getting worse. It's only reliability that is the issue, but more frequent would be good too.

It could be that it now shows X32 as part of accounts for the route variation, if that returned to the old X32 route it would be via Ouston, Team Valley and Gateshed but not sure that would happen.
(12 Jun 2024, 3:33 pm)Retro Nero wrote 24 ,26 interwork but also 24, 5 interwork. as the 24 is a 15 minutes service
Currently on an evening and night the 9 interworks with 5s and the 24 interworks with 26s with the 9s extended to North Shields this leaves a possible duty on an evening with 24-26-26-5-5-24 which is achievable with driving hours. But could then see the 9 interworking at Sunderland potentially with the 61

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
(13 Jun 2024, 9:08 pm)garym67 wrote The X30/31 works well enough as a route, if any change is needed it just skip A194 to Redheugh bridge and operate via Centrelink to avoid the queues on the bridge which are getting worse. It's only reliability that is the issue, but more frequent would be good too.

It could be that it now shows X32 as part of accounts for the route variation, if that returned to the old X32 route it would be via Ouston, Team Valley and Gateshed but not sure that would happen.

Be interesting to see what the X32 is mind, just think in Stanley would prefer the fast link to Gateshead over another bus to Whickham, the time difference between Sunniside is identical, give or take.

I'm surprised it hasn't be resolved tbh as the X72 is way too slow. Obviously just leaves the Whickham bit somewhere so just curtail it and take 2 buses off the 97(1) instead it should be doable as it's roughly 30 minutes from Newcastle to Whickham on the X30, be PVR neutral.
(13 Jun 2024, 9:08 pm)garym67 wrote The X30/31 works well enough as a route, if any change is needed it just skip A194 to Redheugh bridge and operate via Centrelink to avoid the queues on the bridge which are getting worse. It's only reliability that is the issue, but more frequent would be good too.

Do you mean the A184? the A194 is the South Shields- A1(M) road
Kind Regards
Tez