You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Northstar
(11 Jun 2024, 8:36 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought Go North East's new supported route X73 was replacing the 643? So Northstar are operating the 599, 643, 939 and X99 from next month?

From what I've been told, the X99 is the 599, some reason the number was changed.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Jun 2024, 8:36 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought Go North East's new supported route X73 was replacing the 643?

Durham BSIP route I'd guess, appears there's a few coming in on the same date with Arriva aswell. I'd assume it's about linking Dipton and Annfield Plain to the Metrocentre, I wouldn't be surprised if it ran by Hobson either which currently has no bus service, at all. The registration points are pretty much identical to the old 44, if it's not identical and would give a bus every 2 buses an hour from Annfield Plain to Newcastle aswell give or take - hourly services are useless for most people.
(11 Jun 2024, 10:07 pm)Storx wrote Durham BSIP route I'd guess, appears there's a few coming in on the same date with Arriva aswell. I'd assume it's about linking Dipton and Annfield Plain to the Metrocentre, I wouldn't be surprised if it ran by Hobson either which currently has no bus service, at all. The registration points are pretty much identical to the old 44, if it's not identical and would give a bus every 2 buses an hour from Annfield Plain to Newcastle aswell give or take - hourly services are useless for most people.

Arriva Metrocentre service?
(12 Jun 2024, 4:34 pm)d9817362 wrote I believe I spotted a new Bluestar bus at Blaydon Bus Station before still in Stagecoach Livery and I think the reg ended in DBX or DXB.

Do you mean Northstar?
(12 Jun 2024, 7:54 pm)Retro Nero wrote Do you mean Northstar?

Apologies yes I get to two mixed up somehow... it was Northstar at Blaydon at I think around 3pm today.
(12 Jun 2024, 9:38 pm)d9817362 wrote Apologies yes I get to two mixed up somehow... it was Northstar at Blaydon at I think around 3pm today.

Tbf, there are several Northstars dotted around.
Could cause chaos when our very own Daniel pushes on with his commercial routes and takes over the world!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12 Jun 2024, 9:38 pm)d9817362 wrote Apologies yes I get to two mixed up somehow... it was Northstar at Blaydon at I think around 3pm today.

Not going to lie, it's easy enough to do. I've typed Northlink more than once and changed it last minute.

Northlink being the ferries from Aberdeen to Shetland and the Orkneys. I was up that way last week so do have an excuse, kind of.
Site Administrator
Northstar
(12 Jun 2024, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Tbf, there are several Northstars dotted around.
Could cause chaos when our very own Daniel pushes on with his commercial routes and takes over the world!

Andreos, we’ve long since established that there’s nobody in the bus industry with any kind of commercial acumen - our very own Daniel had best leave taking over the world to someone else much better skilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(13 Jun 2024, 6:34 am)Dan wrote Andreos, we’ve long since established that there’s nobody in the bus industry with any kind of commercial acumen - our very own Daniel had best leave taking over the world to someone else much better skilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's anyone who can do it. You can.
(13 Jun 2024, 11:49 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote Only if he can sort out Hadrian Park and Wiltshire Drive fiasco

If there's a man who can, it's our very own Dan.
(16 Jun 2024, 4:59 pm)idiot wrote Best of luck Dan. Are these commercial or supported by Nexus?

The registration itself is correct and confirms all three routes are supported by Nexus subsidy 

The quote post directly button has been gone for a while, but our very own Daniel said the following on a post on page 3 of the thread.
I think the 599 is a good route, maybe needed to be named the 25 or smth, to fit in with the South Shields routes, I hope it works out but i dont think it would become comerical unless operated by GNE or SCNE
(16 Jun 2024, 11:32 pm)Unber43 wrote I think the 599 is a good route, maybe needed to be named the 25 or smth, to fit in with the South Shields routes, I hope it works out but i dont think it would become comerical unless operated by GNE or SCNE

Talk about a kick in the balls before the service has commenced... 

Guess you prefer to go to the big corporates for coffee as oppose to the small local business.

One major advantage for it being a local regional business is that the money stays within the North East locally as oppose  to going to GNE or Stagecoach who bleed businesses dry for its shareholders...
I know this is just early days but I'd love to see this run through the tunnel so you'd maybe have a:

Hebburn to Cramlington
Sunderland to Cramlington

Services (the Cramlington bit has decent loads let's try and grow it) replacing the 19 in it's entirety in the process. It also should serve York Avenue and Calf Close Lane aswell imo otherwise it's just going to get stuck in the Tunnel mess for no benefits where you'd gain a link to Fellgate Metro. 

Would open up Cross Tunnel industrial links as it's impossible to get from Cobalt to Jarrow and beyond and it's impossible to get from North of the Tyne to Nissan currently and they're two major employment sites.
(17 Jun 2024, 7:40 am)Storx wrote I know this is just early days but I'd love to see this run through the tunnel so you'd maybe have a:

Hebburn to Cramlington
Sunderland to Cramlington

Services (the Cramlington bit has decent loads let's try and grow it) replacing the 19 in it's entirety in the process. It also should serve York Avenue and Calf Close Lane aswell imo otherwise it's just going to get stuck in the Tunnel mess for no benefits where you'd gain a link to Fellgate Metro. 

Would open up Cross Tunnel industrial links as it's impossible to get from Cobalt to Jarrow and beyond and it's impossible to get from North of the Tyne to Nissan currently and they're two major employment sites.
Maybe that hebburn could do a loop via Nissan?
Can't help with a proper ID, but saw an ex-Adventure Travel Enviro (300, I think) heading through Harelaw this morning.

Can only presume it was Northstar related based on recent developments, so correct me if it was heading elsewhere.
(18 Jun 2024, 5:16 pm)S813 FVK wrote Can't help with a proper ID, but saw an ex-Adventure Travel Enviro (300, I think) heading through Harelaw this morning.

Can only presume it was Northstar related based on recent developments, so correct me if it was heading elsewhere.

It is indeed for Northstar, ex Adventure Travel E300 SN09CGX: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/doYe9euVh4F8Ao3b/
Come on Dan, you know it makes sense.

Bring back the 221 and take that Angel down.

On a serious note, best of luck. I do feel it’s a shame that talent such as you and Gary H have departed GNE
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
FOUR WEEKS TO GO

In four weeks’ time, we’ll start operating our first local bus service contracts. We’re really looking forward to welcoming you on board.

Here’s a little teaser of some of the buses joining our growing fleet, which are currently undergoing preparation for service! ?

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/yvrQnBEm1te99n33/
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.