You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

RE: Go North East
Going back to the conversation about some of the ex-Crusaders becoming Toon Link branded, one of the speculated ones, 4842, is not in the Toon Link livery. I saw it today in Northern livery on the Blaydon Racers.
Regular
(23 Mar 2013, 11:26 pm)Adam wrote Going back to the conversation about some of the ex-Crusaders becoming Toon Link branded, one of the speculated ones, 4842, is not in the Toon Link livery. I saw it today in Northern livery on the Blaydon Racers.

could be 4845/46 moving to winlaton as there still at gateshead possibly awaiting repainting before transfering as gateshead have more or less had enough of these r reg ones they prefer X and W reg ones
Site Administrator
Just a reminder that service changes are effective from today. Please see below for a list of service changes, their (new) routes and a summary of what has changed in the service change.

10/10A/10B
Newcastle - Ryton - Hexham
Newcastle - Ryton - Rockwood Hill Estate
Newcastle - Ryton - Prudhoe
Revised Timetables & New Service 10B

11/11A
Newcastle - Blaydon - Blackhall Mill
Newcastle - Blaydon - Prudhoe
Revised Route & Timetable - New Service 11A

31/32
Newcastle - Blaydon - Winlaton
Revised Timetable

32/32A
Newcastle - Kenton Bar - Four Lane Ends - Freeman Hospital/Newcastle
Newcastle /Freeman Hospital - Four Lane Ends - Kenton Bar - Newcastle
Stagecoach, Arriva & Go North East
Revised Timetables

38/38C
Sunderland - Hollycarrside - Ryhope - Tunstall Bank Estate
Go North East & Compass Community Transport
Revised Route & Timetable

40/41
Wallsend - Battle Hill/Howdon - Hadrian Park

Newcastle - Rowlands Gill - Consett
Revised Timetable

49/49A/49B/49C
Gateshead - Blaydon - Winlaton
Gateshead - Metrocentre - Winlaton

64/64A
Gateshead - Dunston Circular
Revised Timetable

Seaham Harbour - Hetton-le-Hole - Durham
Service Withdrawn

Wardley - Metrocentre
New Service

69/69B
Winlaton - Low Fell - Wardley - Crawcrook - Whickham - Q.E.Hospital
Revised Timetable/Service 69A Withdrawn

North Shields - North Tyneside Hospital - Wallsend

West Chirton - Newcastle - Team Valley - Newcastle
Revised Timetable

95/96/96A
Gateshead - Lobley Hill/Metrocentre
Gateshead - Lobley Hill - Metrocentre
Lobley Hill - Metrocentre
Service 96 Revised Route & Timetable

Seaham - Dalton Park - Peterlee

Peterlee - Seaham - Houghton-le-Spring
Service Withdrawn

Sunderland - Seaham - Houghton-le-Spring
New Service

Peterlee - High Pittington - Durham
Revised Timetable/Service 261 Withdrawn

Seaham - Framwellgate Moor
New Service

X7
Sunderland - Peterlee - Middlesbrough
New Service

X22
Metrocentre - Birtley - Chester-le-Street/Durham
Revised Timetable

X35
Sunderland - Hartlepool

X88
Washington - Metrocentre
Sunderland Diversions today.

The main junction of Holmeside/Fawcett Street/Borough Road & Burdon Road will be closed to all traffic all day on Sunday 24th March to remove the traffic islands at this junction as part of the Borough Road bus priority scheme and also to allow a gas main repair to go ahead.

This will avert a longer term closure on this junction.

On this date, bus services 39 and 42 that would normally operate into or out of Sunderland via Burdon Road or Toward Road will be diverted to operate via Park Road & Stockton Road to and from Park Lane Interchange, whilst services 9, 26A, 35B, 35C, 56, 135 & 136, operating between Wearmouth Bridge and Park Lane will operate via St Mary’s Way, High Street West and St Michaels Way in both directions.

Temporary stopping arrangements will be:

Park Lane bound - services 9, 26A, 35B, 35C & 56 will use first stop at side of The Londonderry.
135 will use the second stop just after the junction with Crowtree Road.
All services noted above will additionally observe the stop at the west end of High Street West to the west of St Michaels Church.

Wearmouth Bridge bound – services 9, 26A, 35B, 35C, 56 and 136 will use the temporary bus stop outside of The Dun Cow.

Following this work, the southernmost bus stop on Fawcett Street will be suspended to allow for the gas repair work to take place at this location. Services 39 & 42 will continue to serve their existing stop on Atheneum Street . This work is expected to take approximately 6 weeks.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Wasn't even all day.
As always, drivers were told an hour or two ago that the diversion was over - passengers weren't!
East durham bus just gone past bede college on durham road, sunderland heading towards the town centre.. Not in service.

Any1 know of fleet changes so far with changes?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Regular
(24 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm)Daniel wrote Some ex-GNE vehicles, now with Weardale...

GNE 3986 (danielgrahamm)
GNE 3998 (danielgrahamm)
GNE 3994 (danielgrahamm)
GNE 3992 (danielgrahamm)
GNE 3777 (danielgrahamm)

i like the one with the red wheels it would be nice if Go North East did buy the Weardale Crook depot instead of renting it from them but then again some vehicles would be at dead end like olympians would be sold ex go north east olympians would be rewithdrawn again only vehicles to survive would be the low floor ones and the coaches would have to go Sad only the fiat would survive and become something like a crew shuttle bus and a few optare solos for mpd work in red northern if that did happen
GNE 4906 replaced 4907 at Sunderland Interchange 11:38, East Durham Dart doing the X7 to Sunderland timed off Peterlee at 12:02, 4908 was parked up in layby at Peterlee bus station, probably for advertising.

4908 broke down in Middlesbrough this morning- the driver managed to get it started again about 30 mins later and then drove off 'not in service'
(25 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote 4908 broke down in Middlesbrough this morning- the driver managed to get it started again about 30 mins later and then drove off 'not in service'

I got on 4906 at Sunderland Interchange X7 11:38 to Peterlee, and the bus was leaning quite abit forward to the front and when the driver had the accelator flat down on the floor there was a terrible smell of the engine coming from the back of the bus. Cant see 4906-9 engines lasting long on this service.

I know this message is about Arriva North East registration, but im wondering if the date June 2nd 2013 will be the changes of the GNE proposed bus changes for the 26 etc...

On Vosa today:

PB0002717/282 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and Heworth Interchange given service number 26A effective from 02-Jun-2013.

Just noticed the X22 timetable shows a Northern SPD on it.

Is it not a yellow/red decker operating it anymore? The off peak loadings could probably easily handle a single decker and it means it could go under the Dunston railway bridge as opposed to diverting to Handy Drive
(25 Mar 2013, 4:36 pm)gtomlinson wrote Just noticed the X22 timetable shows a Northern SPD on it.

Is it not a yellow/red decker operating it anymore? The off peak loadings could probably easily handle a single decker and it means it could go under the Dunston railway bridge as opposed to diverting to Handy Drive

It's same on all Northern Branded timetables i.e. X88

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N0...otostream/

Wear Tees Xpress' branded Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown, 4909 (W909RBB), pictured departing from Sunderland's Park Lane Interchange on the first day of Go North East's X7 service - 25th March 2013.
(25 Mar 2013, 4:41 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote It's same on all Northern Branded timetables i.e. X88

Thanks Adam, thought it may have been but thought with the extra journey they may have switched vehicles
Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm)cbma06 wrote
(25 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote 4908 broke down in Middlesbrough this morning- the driver managed to get it started again about 30 mins later and then drove off 'not in service'

I got on 4906 at Sunderland Interchange X7 11:38 to Peterlee, and the bus was leaning quite abit forward to the front and when the driver had the accelator flat down on the floor there was a terrible smell of the engine coming from the back of the bus. Cant see 4906-9 engines lasting long on this service.

I know this message is about Arriva North East registration, but im wondering if the date June 2nd 2013 will be the changes of the GNE proposed bus changes for the 26 etc...

On Vosa today:

PB0002717/282 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and Heworth Interchange given service number 26A effective from 02-Jun-2013.

Wasn't quite at 11:38 though! Haha
I was the lad in the leather jacket, with the white hoodie underneath it.
(25 Mar 2013, 6:13 pm)Daniel wrote

On Vosa today:

it was just abit late though, were you the one taking the photo on your mobile of the X7 bus and also the East Durham 238 bus and sat at the front of the bus just behind the entrance?.

Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm)cbma06 wrote

On Vosa today:

it was just abit late though, were you the one taking the photo on your mobile of the X7 bus and also the East Durham 238 bus and sat at the front of the bus just behind the entrance?.

Oof, first time I've heard someone refer to a £230 camera as a mobile!
But yes, that was me. Smile
(25 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm)Daniel wrote
(25 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm)cbma06 wrote

On Vosa today:

Oof, first time I've heard someone refer to a £230 camera as a mobile!
But yes, that was me. Smile

Ok. I know what you look like now lol , while i was waiting for the Arriva 22 back home the X9 to Middlesbrough pulled in a few minutes after the X7 left, i would of thought that the X7 should of been timed of the Arriva stand at Sunderland Interchange, when the drifters 60/61 are in the stand you cant tell if the X7 pulling in.

Site Administrator
It's timed to depart about 4 minutes ahead of the 21A at Peterlee, which was sneaky of Go North East.
She caught up time beautifully that driver though! She did have her foot down though, causing the full bus to smell like something was burning. Left two minutes late by my timings, having departed 15 minutes late.
(25 Mar 2013, 6:41 pm)Daniel wrote It's timed to depart about 4 minutes ahead of the 21A at Peterlee, which was sneaky of Go North East.
She caught up time beautifully that driver though! She did have her foot down though, causing the full bus to smell like something was burning. Left two minutes late by my timings, having departed 15 minutes late.

The Driver did do well to get back the time lost, It was like a rollercoaster along Seaham coast road.

Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2013, 6:45 pm)cbma06 wrote
(25 Mar 2013, 6:41 pm)Daniel wrote It's timed to depart about 4 minutes ahead of the 21A at Peterlee, which was sneaky of Go North East.

The Driver did do well to get back the time lost, It was like a rollercoaster along Seaham coast road.

A shame the driver of 4906 on the way back home for me (from Middlesbrough at 16:10) wasn't quite as keen to make up time!
Those roadworks near Stockton are a killer.
Wonder what loadings were like for the other parts of the x7 route?

Seems strange the engines were playing up, the volvo engines are normally pretty decent.

A Lambton Worm Prestige has been working the 71 today, with Northern branded vehicles working the 8.
I also saw what looked like an East Durham Spd on the Dox Park to Roker bus tonight. Not sure if that was the one that was spotted yesterday on Durham Road.
Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote Wonder what loadings were like for the other parts of the x7 route?

Seems strange the engines were playing up, the volvo engines are normally pretty decent.

A Lambton Worm Prestige has been working the 71 today, with Northern branded vehicles working the 8.
I also saw what looked like an East Durham Spd on the Dox Park to Roker bus tonight. Not sure if that was the one that was spotted yesterday on Durham Road.

Having spent most of my day on the X7s today, I can tell you!
They averaged on 8 passengers this morning, from Sunderland to Peterlee. A few passengers departed at Peterlee, but some were picked up also; therefore, still averaged on 8. From Stockton to Middlesbrough, about 6.
In the other direction, passenger numbers were significantly less - perhaps peaking at 5.

It must be noted that on the X10 I got on today from Stockton to Middlesbrough, there were only 4 passengers (including myself)... Only two got off at Stockton. The X7 is doing better than that...
Is it half term in some areas?
Wonder if that had a bearing with loadings?

Also - forgot to add above, a Northern President was on the 21 and had the green numbering background. So Im guessing it is interchangeable colourwise