Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3529

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(13 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm)Michael wrote I also like the Citaro better than the Versa.

Think they might keep the Citaro's will next year at least, of course plans can change.

Has the last 2 branded B9's entered service yet along with the 2 spare?

Not yet!
Site Administrator
(13 Feb 2014, 2:29 pm)Michael wrote Any idea why?

Not being rushed into service! Makes a nice change - all power sockets and Wi-Fi should be working.
(12 Feb 2014, 10:28 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote The citaros wouldn't suit maroon on the Crusader in my opinion, although it looks like that's what colour the WTX ones are going into. Again, I have to say the same for the Blaydon Racers, I don't think they would look good in yellow.

Well I had not like Crusader old brand but after couple of weeks, I really do like it. The red stands out better than the silver. Something like this!

[Image: 3793722_orig.png]
Does anyone know if the X22, 13/14 interwork?

I was on the 10:14 (approx) 14 from Durham to Arnison Centre and by 12 the same bus and driver was is Chester on the X22.

Thanks =]
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(13 Feb 2014, 3:36 pm)morritt89 wrote Does anyone know if the X22, 13/14 interwork?

I was on the 10:14 (approx) 14 from Durham to Arnison Centre and by 12 the same bus and driver was is Chester on the X22.

Thanks =]

14's interwork with X22, as a round trip on the 14 takes a little longer than a round trip on the 13's. 13's run separately.
(13 Feb 2014, 3:40 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 14's interwork with X22, as a round trip on the 14 takes a little longer than a round trip on the 13's. 13's run separately.

Thanks =]
(13 Feb 2014, 3:36 pm)morritt89 wrote Does anyone know if the X22, 13/14 interwork?

Thanks =]
The interworking of 14 and X22 also allows driver changeovers in Chester rather than sending out a van or empty bus as was the case with stand alone 13/14.
(13 Feb 2014, 6:08 pm)Dan wrote 5348 is the latest to be branded - 5339/41 still remain to receive branding.

.jpg P1020864 - Copy.JPG

This one with "For connections to buses and metro retail park" notation.
Still a rather oily rear unfortunately. Bumper could do with a repaint.
All four sounding much better than in recent months though which is good to see.
(13 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Well I had not like Crusader old brand but after couple of weeks, I really do like it. The red stands out better than the silver. Something like this!

[Image: 3793722_orig.png]

Love that image, but there's a lot of detail which would make it really expensive to print. The old Crusader logo like that is also a lot better than the present. May confuse folk having to board on the far side of the bus mind. :p
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Feb 2014, 8:14 pm)aureolin wrote Love that image, but there's a lot of detail which would make it really expensive to print. The old Crusader logo like that is also a lot better than the present. May confuse folk having to board on the far side of the bus mind. :p

Thanks, Well that's my repaint from Omsi Bus Simulator Big Grin. I dont think it would cost more if Cruasder Logo was replaced.
(13 Feb 2014, 10:57 pm)speedwheels22 wrote I've only seen 1 cadget on 5 the day fingers crossed that the others have blown up r been scrapped

Obviously not...
RE: GNE Seating Layouts
(13 Feb 2014, 12:03 pm)Chris wrote It should be available in the Enthusiast section on the GNE website. It always used to be, anyway.

Thanks. Fleet list PDF gives number of seats, just not the door position. Should be able to work the layout out for myself.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(14 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm)Dan wrote 5333 is now at Saltmeadows - presumably for repaint.

We expecting a nice WearTees Xpress sort of colour?
Site Administrator
(14 Feb 2014, 4:17 pm)CatsFast101 wrote We expecting a nice WearTees Xpress sort of colour?

Yes.
One of the Tyne Tees livered deckers was seen operating the Ten service today over midday/early afternoon (arriving and leaving Hexham about half-12).

I was on the opposite Ten (Corbridge noon to Prudhoe to Corbridge 1pm) so couldn't see the registration.
Site Administrator
(14 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm)G-CPTN wrote One of the Tyne Tees livered deckers was seen operating the Ten service today over midday/early afternoon (arriving and leaving Hexham about half-12).

I was on the opposite Ten (Corbridge noon to Prudhoe to Corbridge 1pm) so couldn't see the registration.

3963 was on there yesterday and was reported to be on a board which finished in Hexham last night. Perhaps the same vehicle.
(14 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote 3963 was on there yesterday and was reported to be on a board which finished in Hexham last night. Perhaps the same vehicle.

3963 is the TTX in question.
Site Administrator
A friend of mine has just told me that he has just passed 5151 in Wallsend out in service following repaint.
(14 Feb 2014, 6:27 pm)Dan wrote A friend of mine has just told me that he has just passed 5151 in Wallsend out in service following repaint.

5151 done the last 17 around Rosehill tonight (terminating at Wallsend), so will be on the 17A's tonight.
(14 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm)Tom wrote 5151 done the last 17 around Rosehill tonight (terminating at Wallsend), so will be on the 17A's tonight.

yeah it passed me before
Site Administrator
(14 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Still yet to see 4912 or 4913 out yet, anyone had sightings?

4913 was on the Cobalt Clipper today.