You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Northstar
It's a smart livery, wonder if Northstar was inspired by the pub in North Shields called Northstar (was the Powburn) or a huge coincidence
Kind Regards
Tez
Site Administrator
(25 Jun 2024, 4:23 am)NEbushopper wrote I’m guessing the E200s will be allocated to all services?

The two E200s will be route branded for, and allocated to, the 599 service.

Nothing else at this stage will be route branded, though allocations will still be fairly fixed.
(26 Jun 2024, 7:35 am)Dan wrote The two E200s will be route branded for, and allocated to, the 599 service.

Nothing else at this stage will be route branded, though allocations will still be fairly fixed.

Any idea what your allocation to the Mouth of Tyne festival. Decekr or E200
Site Administrator
The launch of the 599, 643 and 939 services has now been publicly announced on Northstar's website and social media channels:
https://northstarbus.co.uk/news/article.php?id=19

Note the inclusion of timetables on its own website - fairly uncommon for SMEs in the region, especially on contracted services. Downloadable PDFs to follow.

Bus & Coach Buyer also covered a story on the launch of these services last week:
https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/start-u...us-routes/
(01 Jul 2024, 7:12 am)Dan wrote The launch of the 599, 643 and 939 services has now been publicly announced on Northstar's website and social media channels:
https://northstarbus.co.uk/news/article.php?id=19

Note the inclusion of timetables on its own website - fairly uncommon for SMEs in the region, especially on contracted services. Downloadable PDFs to follow.

Bus & Coach Buyer also covered a story on the launch of these services last week:
https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/start-u...us-routes/

Dan, can we use our Staff Passes please?
Site Administrator
(01 Jul 2024, 2:01 pm)Retro Nero wrote Dan, can we use our Staff Passes please?

Yes, all operator and Nexus staff passes are valid.
(12 Jul 2024, 8:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Mind the Stenning stuff stands out like a sore thumb!

Actually looks quite dated too. 

Onto Northstar, was nice and somewhat unique to see photos on twitter from some local engagement events around the 599 service

I am fairly sure this idea of engaging your market and promoting your services might catch on
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(12 Jul 2024, 10:28 pm)Ambassador wrote Actually looks quite dated too. 

Onto Northstar, was nice and somewhat unique to see photos on twitter from some local engagement events around the 599 service

I am fairly sure this idea of engaging your market and promoting your services might catch on

As long as there's no MG style photos of our very own Daniel standing there arms outstretched and showing off a huge grin the Cheshire cat would be proud of, I'm all for it.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(06 Jul 2024, 7:35 pm)Michael wrote Wonder how many school contracts they've won, if they need more drivers.

Northstar will be running the 28S (currently Go North East) and 801 (currently Stanley Travel). The former is part-subsidised by Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy, but the funding has been re-allocated from Go North East to Northstar from September. The latter was withdrawn by Stanley Travel but will be operated by Northstar 100% commercially.

Other school contracts awarded to Northstar from September, under contract to Nexus, are the 448, 460, 831, 840, 847 and 894, as well as one morning and afternoon journey on Team Valley works service 937. From memory all of these are currently operated by Go North East (albeit the 448, 460 and 831 sub-contracted to L&G Coaches).
(Yesterday, 12:07 pm)BusLoverMum wrote A lot of the route is nowhere near the Metro
https://bustimes.org/services/599-sunder...ge-hebburn

I know. Thanks. Just curious for the full route between Jarrow and Sunderland of the Metro or the 599 would be quicker with the Metro changeover required.

(Yesterday, 12:13 pm)Thomas12 wrote The 9 is the quickest route - without checking it's probably a comparable journey time to the Metro. (but without the hassle of changing)

Oh yeah, of course. That's a shame as I wanted to ride the new 599, but the 9 is a lot quicker. It will be good to see the 599 anyway.
If I'm right - it's not designed to take you from Sunderland to Hebburn.

It's designed to get you to key employment and services (like hospital sites - with Sunderland royal taking on an increasing number of south of tyne medical services) and to shopping areas without having to interchange at Gateshead or somewhere similar (or use your car/taxi)

It's a bit like what we've been saying for Team Valley being chronically underserved (aside from archaic and poorly used workers services) and a positive step to get people to leave their cars if you can prpovide a reliable direct bus link
Wistfully stuck in the 90s