You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
No idea but they'll probs go to all the NE depots.

I'm not even sure what's left of the current training fleet, haven't seen a proper fleet allocation sheet in about a year or more.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Interestingly, the other London bus in the photo is 36358, which is not one listed as coming up here. Hopefully our friends in Sunderland can keep us informed about which buses do actually arrive !
With the new electric buses for Sunderland apparently arriving in September/October 2024, was wondering, if its been fully confirmed, what they'll replace?

Also been told the remaining gas buses will stay longer now.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Why are gas buses staying for longer at Sunderland depot I thought that Sunderland gas buses how two go when the new electric buses come to Sunderland depot?
(01 Jul 2024, 6:17 pm)Glen1974 wrote 36082 was on 36 to  hartlepool today.

Was doing 36 and 37s not sure why Stockton have got but it definitely unusual for Stockton to get loans from Hartlepool as it’s often the other way round.  It looks like both depots are now struggling quite a bit.
Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service
(13 Jul 2024, 10:38 am)toward6931 wrote Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service

For service, they'd probably need the centre doors removed first, which would be a cost considering their age already (13-15 years old)
(13 Jul 2024, 10:38 am)toward6931 wrote Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service
Like GNE who have used Euro 6 Streetlites for the same purpose. The edict being you train the drivers on the most likely type they will drive. The benefit of E200s over the ALX300s is immense. These were never intended for service up here.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
(13 Jul 2024, 4:43 pm)54APhotography wrote Like GNE who have used Euro 6 Streetlites for the same purpose. The edict being you train the drivers on the most likely type they will drive. The benefit of E200s over the ALX300s is immense. These were never intended for service up here.

The other benefit being that you can actually train drivers within the CAZ area, rather than teaching them elsewhere and then letting them loose in the centre of Newcastle without much experience of the road and traffic conditions there.
(14 Jul 2024, 5:08 am)Ianthegoon wrote The other benefit being that you can actually train drivers within the CAZ area, rather than teaching them elsewhere and then letting them loose in the centre of Newcastle without much experience of the road and traffic conditions there.

Pretty sure the DT vehicles are exempt. They certainly used to be.
Anyone know when they'll be starting to install the new electric charging points at Wheatsheaf depot?

The Yutong's are due to arrive from September/October.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
An internal memo was shared today and it said work will start in August. Will include either the partial or full demolition of the shed as well as demolition of the boiler house, chimney and fuel storage tanks.
(17 Jul 2024, 5:25 pm)F114TML wrote An internal memo was shared today and it said work will start in August. Will include either the partial or full demolition of the shed as well as demolition of the boiler house, chimney and fuel storage tanks.

Not long then, lots of work to do then, going to be weird to see some of the buildings coming down!

Will some of the buses be moved to a temporary area, if the main shed is coming down?

Thank you for sharing the information from the memo.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It just said expect disruption. The way it's worded I'm guessing the walls are remaining, particularly the one facing Dundas Street, so it could just mean lifting the rood off and closing one road on a particular night to take out the pillars (there's only 2 sets). Could be wrong though - there was nothing to indicate the depot would be temporarily closed, even partially.
Ah right, well that's canny then, less disruption the better.

The fuel tanks, will they be moved elsewhere or is there others in the yard already (I don't really know the layout of the depot) or does that indicate the gas buses are staying and will replace the E200/300's.

I haven't seen an official fleet allocation card for Stagecoach NE for a LONG time... so I don't actually know how many diesel buses they have.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I would share the fleetlist for Busways but I'm not entirely sure if I can. Either way for Sunderland it lists 7x E400, 19x ADL E300, 30x E300 Gas, 17x ADL E200. Open tops and 39730/31 are packed into reserve/disposal, even though they're practically part of the main fleet.
(17 Jul 2024, 8:26 pm)F114TML wrote I would share the fleetlist for Busways but I'm not entirely sure if I can. Either way for Sunderland it lists 7x E400, 19x ADL E300, 30x E300 Gas, 17x ADL E200. Open tops and 39730/31 are packed into reserve/disposal, even though they're practically part of the main fleet.

No worries, thank you.

Hope when the electrics arrive, they'll replace the 17 E200 ADL's and 39730/31.

I can see them keeping the gas buses and having a mixture of gas and electric buses alongside the E400's (if Stagecoach keep their current school contracts) and the ADL E300's.

Wouldn't be surprised if the open tops are withdrawn by end of the year or earlier.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
People seem to think this is their last year and we'll be getting new(er) ones for next year - they are the oldest buses in the entire group and horrendously unreliable (doesn't help they keep getting sent out in the rain; Alexander bodies leak like a seive and that's before you rip the roof off. I think the downpour at the GNR last year is what's killed them)

Latest rumour on leccy allocation is 10 on the E1, E2 and E6, 5 on Sunderland routes and 5 kept in the yard as reserve.

We'll need to keep the E200s. There's no way you can permanently allocate a fleet of full length buses to the 8, 10 and 11 with the way they park on them.
I had an E300 on the 10 up Westheath Avenue and a 200 was coming the other way - we'd have been stuck there if we both had 300s.
(18 Jul 2024, 5:08 am)F114TML wrote People seem to think this is their last year and we'll be getting new(er) ones for next year - they are the oldest buses in the entire group and horrendously unreliable (doesn't help they keep getting sent out in the rain; Alexander bodies leak like a seive and that's before you rip the roof off. I think the downpour at the GNR last year is what's killed them)

Will they even get replaced?  The only official uses of them I think are for the GNR, CC1 and LS1.  Prior to loss of the Seasider they always had a specific use, then there was the short lived 19, and advertised runs on the Es for a year or two.  But last couple of years they haven't had any advertised use as far as I know, just random unpromoted boards on Es, which seems a waster (though presumably down to unreliability).