You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints

RE: Stagecoach North East - Recent Repaints
(19 Jul 2024, 4:07 pm)Rapidsnap wrote 28003 has been painted into Sunderland Busways colours. Believed to be the first of four Busways liveries to be done (one for each depot).

Ooo, its been 30 years since Stagecoach took over so I guess why we'll be seeing these liveries.

Looking forward to seeing the Sunderland version again!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Jul 2024, 4:26 pm)Michael wrote Ooo, its been 30 years since Stagecoach took over so I guess why we'll be seeing these liveries.

Looking forward to seeing the Sunderland version again!

Geeze is it 30 years already, couldnt remember if it was 1993 or 1994
Kind Regards
Tez
(19 Jul 2024, 4:07 pm)Rapidsnap wrote 28003 has been painted into Sunderland Busways colours. Believed to be the first of four Busways liveries to be done (one for each depot).

Which routes are the 4 Busways livery buses likely to appear on? 

Look forward to seeing them all.
(23 Jul 2024, 8:01 pm)F114TML wrote Might not happen but looks like 28003 will be in service tomorrow.

Must say it looks good.

Just seen a picture of it on Linkedin, and yes, looks superb
(23 Jul 2024, 8:01 pm)F114TML wrote Might not happen but looks like 28003 will be in service tomorrow.

Must say it looks good.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Any idea what service it could be on?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jul 2024, 8:15 am)F114TML wrote Did one trip and gone back to the depot.

Ye, glad I seen it in the town before it went back to the depot.

Any idea why it went back to the depot?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Jul 2024, 11:13 am)Glen1974 wrote It 50th anniversary  for stagecoach Stockton next month will they do the same

Its nowhere near 50 years, do you not mean 30 years?
(24 Jul 2024, 7:46 pm)Glen1974 wrote Look on local bus events page of Cleveland transit 50th anniversary?

Was only 90s when took over Transit. Its not 50 years of Stagecoach
(24 Jul 2024, 8:50 pm)Glen1974 wrote I didn't  said stagecoach I say Cleveland transit .

Post 791 ypu clearly say Stagecoach Stockton Glen.
(24 Jul 2024, 10:48 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Wondering if 19441 is going to be a Newcastle/City Busways example as it's currently at the Wheatsheaf being prepped for repaint.
37308 in from Shields as well.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
(24 Jul 2024, 8:36 pm)LVK 404L wrote Was only 90s when took over Transit. Its not 50 years of Stagecoach

30 years since Stagecoach took over (1994, same year as Busways), but 50 since Cleveland Transit was created in 1974.
(25 Jul 2024, 9:22 pm)Economic505 wrote When is the official announcement about the retro colour scheme? Looking forward to seeing it after all these years! I hope there’s an Economic one too.

Doubtful, as that would mean also doing BBS, Favourite, maybe even TWOC.  I think it was said one per depot so probably just two Newcastle Busways examples, unless they go really old school back to City days - though that wouldnt make much sense as City didn't exist by the time Stagecoach took over.  BBS instead of a second Newcastle example would be a good shout though.
(25 Jul 2024, 10:53 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Doubtful, as that would mean also doing BBS, Favourite, maybe even TWOC.  I think it was said one per depot so probably just two Newcastle Busways examples, unless they go really old school back to City days - though that wouldnt make much sense as City didn't exist by the time Stagecoach took over.  BBS instead of a second Newcastle example would be a good shout though.

Since Transit and Hartlepool Transport were acquired by Stagecoach in the same year as Busways, Stockton and Hartlepool should get one each too.
(26 Jul 2024, 4:44 pm)stagecoachfan wrote Since Transit and Hartlepool Transport were acquired by Stagecoach in the same year as Busways, Stockton and Hartlepool should get one each too.

I guess they might yet but they are doing the open day linked to Cleveland Transit 40 years soon so that may be the alternative celebration for the southern end of the group

37308 looked to be in plain white base at the Wheatsheaf today.  Will be good to see SSB livery again, blue relief always looked smart
(26 Jul 2024, 8:33 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote I guess they might yet but they are doing the open day linked to Cleveland Transit 40 years soon so that may be the alternative celebration for the southern end of the group

37308 looked to be in plain white base at the Wheatsheaf today.  Will be good to see SSB livery again, blue relief always looked smart

It's Transit's 50 years this year, 1974.
(26 Jul 2024, 8:33 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote I guess they might yet but they are doing the open day linked to Cleveland Transit 40 years soon so that may be the alternative celebration for the southern end of the group

It’s been noted somewhere, but can’t remember where, but there will be a bus allocated in South Shields Busways livery working from shields depot and there be 2 buses in Newcastle busways livery for each Newcastle depot, not sure if one will be allocated just as Newcastle Busways and the other as City Busways though.

(27 Jul 2024, 11:42 am)cbma06 wrote It’s been noted somewhere, but can’t remember where, but there will be a bus allocated in South Shields Busways livery working from shields depot and there be 2 buses in Newcastle busways livery for each Newcastle depot, not sure if one will be allocated just as Newcastle Busways and the other as City Busways though.

Any idea what services these will be allocated to? Single deckers for all 4? Particularly excited to see the South Shields Busways bus.
(27 Jul 2024, 12:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Any idea what services these will be allocated to? Single deckers for all 4? Particularly excited to see the South Shields Busways bus.

Don’t know what the allocations will be, ashame there be no Blue Bus services/Favourite/Economic liveries though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(27 Jul 2024, 12:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Any idea what services these will be allocated to? Single deckers for all 4? Particularly excited to see the South Shields Busways bus.

Someone saying in above posts that 37308 is in plain white at Wheatsheaf depot , that one could now be waiting to receive the South Shields busways livery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk