You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East State Of The Fleet

Go North East State Of The Fleet

RE: Go North East State Of The Fleet
(18 Jul 2024, 6:37 pm)Washingtonian wrote Fair comments. Yeah breadvans are not the best vehicles by any means but for me there's no denying they are a good option and suitable for certain times and situations. They were really useful during the Go-Ahead Northern era as they served places like Richmond Avenue in Washington Village, Dorset Avenue in Barley Mow, Malone Gardens in Birtley etc. The old Dodge/Renault breadvans were ridiculously small but the Optare Metroriders were ideal. They would really come in useful for the elderly going to and from the club or seeing friends on an evening and they could always pick up normal fare paying passengers as well. These days people are having to walk further to get to their nearest bus stop and some people can't walk that far. I've said it before that it's daft that we have easy access buses now but people have to walk further. There may be easy access to get on board but in a lot of areas it's not as easily accessible to get to a bus stop which defeats the object. Also if the weather is bad people will want to get on and off the bus as close to their home as possible especially if they are carrying shopping. I'm not saying the fleet needs to be plastered with breadvans but a handful would certainly be useful. I can't understand Nexus at times re capacity as the subsidised services often carry lower passenger numbers. It seems daft of them when they will cost them less to pay for too!

Fully agree about the hub and spoke model mind. It doesn't work at all now and hasn't for years and years. The timing between the X1 and 85 you mention is just laughable! No wonder passenger confidence is so low now. Sadly I very much doubt they care.

Aye it's a fair comment, to be honest I always think it's a shame there's no really any actually good low capacity vehicles. Metrorider's were alright really, quirky let's call them.

To be fair the routes just probably aren't sustainable nowadays though since the driver is one of the most expensive bits and whether you have 2 or 30 people on, it's all the same price.

Apart from Darlington, Arriva have pretty much abolished the whole midibus network really, excluding the 57/57A at Ashington. GNE aren't really far behind. It felt like wherever you went 10/15 year ago there were MPD's.
Passengers enjoying the delight of crumbling ex London stock

Whilst the commercial team enjoy using one of the shiny X Lines buses as…a meeting room and share it on twitter.

Will someone please give them some media training!
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(24 Jul 2024, 10:54 pm)Ambassador wrote Passengers enjoying the delight of crumbling ex London stock

Whilst the commercial team enjoy using one of the shiny X Lines buses as…a meeting room and share it on twitter.

The bus is parked on the line backing onto Costco, so presumably awaiting attention to go back onto its respective Xlines route!
(Yesterday, 7:21 am)omnicity4659 wrote The bus is parked on the line backing onto Costco, so presumably awaiting attention to go back onto its respective Xlines route!

It's the optics - its what GNE are so bad at.

Here's one of our fantastic vehicles.

Enjoy your leaking creaking B7 though
(24 Jul 2024, 10:54 pm)Ambassador wrote Passengers enjoying the delight of crumbling ex London stock

Looks like the bus is VOR to me, last in service 15/07

Not the most savvy commercial team either!

Turns out that the X30/X31/X32 & X70/X71/X73 total PVR is 12x.....with a lot of remote reliefs in Stanley too!

Why the hell didn't GNE integrate the X45 into the interworking pattern with most driver reliefs done in Consett? Yes some layovers would be short, but compensated with more generous layovers in Consett & Stanley
 Would be the same PVR but with fewer remote reliefs and more efficient driving hours. Max number of low height deckers needed would be 13x (still leaving 3x spare).
(Yesterday, 4:52 pm)Blockybus wrote Looks like the bus is VOR to me, last in service 15/07

And the ordinary punters who see a 'posh' bus being used in a photo shoot know that?

Of course they don't.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(Yesterday, 10:02 pm)Andreos1 wrote And the ordinary punters who see a 'posh' bus being used in a photo shoot know that?

Of course they don't.

Completely agree. Perception is everything. It doesn't matter if the bus has been VOR or it's doing handstands, people will see a meeting taking place in what is supposed to be their usual bus, whilst they're sat on a clapped out second hand bus.

Business leaders sometimes think that they're being clever for a cool LinkedIn post, but it merely shows their lack of grasp on reality. Get the basics right first.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(Yesterday, 10:58 pm)Adrian wrote Completely agree. Perception is everything. It doesn't matter if the bus has been VOR or it's doing handstands, people will see a meeting taking place in what is supposed to be their usual bus, whilst they're sat on a clapped out second hand bus.

Business leaders sometimes think that they're being clever for a cool LinkedIn post, but it merely shows their lack of grasp on reality. Get the basics right first.

Yes this was my original point, it’s perception. The post I saw was from someone quite junior (judging by the attire). The usual sycophant (who also wears a hat) replied. The same folk who rate get your bum on board…

Ignoring the Dan shaped hole in the photo mind.
(Yesterday, 11:34 pm)Ambassador wrote Yes this was my original point, it’s perception. The post I saw was from someone quite junior (judging by the attire). The usual sycophant (who also wears a hat) replied. The same folk who rate get your bum on board…

Ignoring the Dan shaped hole in the photo mind.

Have they taken the post down?  Can't see anything on Facebook or Twitter?  Though amusing they rightly seem to have taken a slating for trying to portray the ex London crap as "shiny new" diamonds.  Seems the public aren't as convinced by a lick of paint on an old banger as GNE seem to think.
(Yesterday, 7:21 am)omnicity4659 wrote The bus is parked on the line backing onto Costco, so presumably awaiting attention to go back onto its respective Xlines route!

Ah don't say they've brainwashed you too?

*Lads, lasses, they/them's.
We've got another victim of the Riverside brainwashing machine living and breathing amongst us*. 

Look, the support is out there. You won't always be the defender of the Handy Drive decision makers. 
We are here to support you in the meantime.

(Today, 9:15 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Have they taken the post down?  Can't see anything on Facebook or Twitter?  Though amusing they rightly seem to have taken a slating for trying to portray the ex London crap as "shiny new" diamonds.  Seems the public aren't as convinced by a lick of paint on an old banger as GNE seem to think.

It's still kicking around.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'