You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(19 Jul 2024, 11:22 am)Glen1974 wrote Is 28011 at Stockton on 35 seen a photo of it today.

Ye, its only loan for a few hours.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jul 2024, 5:08 am)F114TML wrote People seem to think this is their last year and we'll be getting new(er) ones for next year - they are the oldest buses in the entire group and horrendously unreliable (doesn't help they keep getting sent out in the rain; Alexander bodies leak like a seive and that's before you rip the roof off. I think the downpour at the GNR last year is what's killed them)

Latest rumour on leccy allocation is 10 on the E1, E2 and E6, 5 on Sunderland routes and 5 kept in the yard as reserve.

We'll need to keep the E200s. There's no way you can permanently allocate a fleet of full length buses to the 8, 10 and 11 with the way they park on them.
I had an E300 on the 10 up Westheath Avenue and a 200 was coming the other way - we'd have been stuck there if we both had 300s.

Surprised they're keeping 5 in the depot as spares (if true)

I wonder if the other 5 will be put on the 20.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Jul 2024, 1:51 pm)F114TML wrote Was on loan to allow 19680 to cover the 5045 scholars.

It also spent some of the Morning at Hartlepool as well as it was parked up at Victoria Road for a while before it went to Stockton.

(19 Jul 2024, 1:51 pm)F114TML wrote Was on loan to allow 19680 to cover the 5045 scholars.

It also spent some of the Morning at Hartlepool as well as it was parked up at Victoria Road for a while before it went to Stockton.
OK I'll explain it as I was the driver:
Sedgefield school kicked out early yesterday so my plan was to just spend the morning in Hartlepool rather than trail back up to Sunderland (Sunderland OK'd this the previous day, and it's what one of the other relief drivers does too if it's an early kick out). Trouble was there were no deckers available so i had to take 28011 so we could run the route on time.
While I was in Hartlepool, I was instructed to take it down to Stockton and use one of their deckers (19680) on the return school run. Upshot was 28011 did two circuits of the 35s while 19680 was doing the schools. Gasbus was swapped with 19681 as Stockton control were worried I wouldn't make it to the high street on time (I did tho).
(17 Jul 2024, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Anyone know when they'll be starting to install the new electric charging points at Wheatsheaf depot?

The Yutong's are due to arrive from September/October.

I wonder whether the Stagecoach Yutongs will intersect with the Go North East ones in Newcastle?
(25 Jul 2024, 8:02 pm)Glen1974 wrote What are replace then at walkergate depot?

Nothing, they're here for the PVR increase to the Great Park changes from September.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2024, 8:03 pm)Michael wrote Nothing, they're here for the PVR increase to the Great Park changes from September.

Presumably they are going to continue the trend though of having the newer stuff on the roughest routes out of Walkergate, and transfer more of the old tat to Slatyford for the X47 etc as per.
(20 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm)V514DFT wrote And the 18

(25 Jul 2024, 10:46 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Presumably they are going to continue the trend though of having the newer stuff on the roughest routes out of Walkergate, and transfer more of the old tat to Slatyford for the X47 etc as per.

I would imagine the 6 ex Manchester E300s will move to Slatyford
(26 Jul 2024, 8:30 am)Coastliner700 wrote I would imagine the 6 ex Manchester E300s will move to Slatyford

They aren't CAZ compliant, 1 could maybe replace the 08 plate that was withdrawn but it would probably make sense to send them to Stockton, maybe swap some of the 2014/2015 models to slatyford in return for 09 plates, although the reason for the E300s landing at walkergate was that the E400Hs were difficult to keep on the road, unless that has changed recently they might not go anywhere
(26 Jul 2024, 9:10 am)toward6931 wrote They aren't CAZ compliant, 1 could maybe replace the 08 plate that was withdrawn but it would probably make sense to send them to Stockton, maybe swap some of the 2014/2015 models to slatyford in return for 09 plates

Seems a bit mad having them running through the city on Walergate routes currently if they arent compliant - would have thought they'd have been swapped out of Newcastle months ago (unless exempt pending new electrics maybe?)...they must have been here a year by now?
(26 Jul 2024, 9:17 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Seems a bit mad having them running through the city on Walergate routes currently if they arent compliant - would have thought they'd have been swapped out of Newcastle months ago (unless exempt pending new electrics maybe?)...they must have been here a year by now?

I could be wrong but they used a lot on the 22 which I think wasn't in the CAZ zone
(20 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm)IV514DFT wrote And the 18

(26 Jul 2024, 9:17 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Seems a bit mad having them running through the city on Walergate routes currently if they arent compliant - would have thought they'd have been swapped out of Newcastle months ago (unless exempt pending new electrics maybe?)...they must have been here a year by now?

The 6 ex Manchester E300s 27819 etc… ? They’re regularly on 22/37/12 seems strange seeing such regular use
(20 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm)V514DFT wrote And the 18

(26 Jul 2024, 9:20 am)toward6931 wrote I could be wrong but they used a lot on the 22 which I think wasn't in the CAZ zone

The 22 goes through the centre of the city so most certainly does enter the CAZ zone. They were brought in to balance the loss of the Hybrids sent the other way to Manchester.
(26 Jul 2024, 9:10 am)toward6931 wrote They aren't CAZ compliant, 1 could maybe replace the 08 plate that was withdrawn but it would probably make sense to send them to Stockton, maybe swap some of the 2014/2015 models to slatyford in return for 09 plates, although the reason for the E300s landing at walkergate was that the E400Hs were difficult to keep on the road, unless that has changed recently they might not go anywhere

Would love to know your source for that information that they can't CAZ compliant - as according to the most recently available fleetcard for the North East divisions, the only non-CAZ E300s in the Newcastle fleet are the ex-Stockton trio at Walkergate 27157/8/9 which are listed as Euro5. The ex-Manchester ones are listed as meeting Euro6 emission levels which is what is required for the CAZ zone.
(20 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm)IV514DFT wrote And the 18

(26 Jul 2024, 9:38 am)Kuyoyo wrote Would love to know your source for that information that they can't CAZ compliant - as according to the most recently available fleetcard for the North East divisions, the only non-CAZ E300s in the Newcastle fleet are the ex-Stockton trio at Walkergate 27157/8/9 which are listed as Euro5. The ex-Manchester ones are listed as meeting Euro6 emission levels which is what is required for the CAZ zone.

I’m confused with 27157/8/9 as they’re part of the batch which Slatyford have a use regularly. I was sure the reason they were swapped in first place was that they’re euro 6
(26 Jul 2024, 9:38 am)Kuyoyo wrote Would love to know your source for that information that they can't CAZ compliant - as according to the most recently available fleetcard for the North East divisions, the only non-CAZ E300s in the Newcastle fleet are the ex-Stockton trio at Walkergate 27157/8/9 which are listed as Euro5. The ex-Manchester ones are listed as meeting Euro6 emission levels which is what is required for the CAZ zone.

If I got it wrong my mistake, apologies in advance
(26 Jul 2024, 9:58 am)Coastliner700 wrote I’m confused with 27157/8/9 as they’re part of the batch which Slatyford have a use regularly. I was sure the reason they were swapped in first place was that they’re euro 6

All the E300s delivered new to Stagecoach on Teesside were Euro5 when new - those which moved to Slatyford were modified to Euro6 standard when they transferred (side note: the only E300s built to Euro6 standards from new were the 18 new to Glasgow in 2015 - 27211-27228, the majority of which are now with the Midlands fleet split between Leamington and Nuneaton depots, bar 27224-7 which are at Carlisle and occasionally appear in Newcastle on the 685). No idea if it's an error on the fleetcard or not regarding 27157-9.

You sure? 
There is a bit of recent history with operators being sold duds that aren't Euro6, despite being told they were! 

Hope someone did the background checks first!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
22581 will be back out soon enough, it has had a new (refurbished) engine fitted to it. At first it was thought to be having a refurbished Euro 6 engine and could go on any route in Newcastle but it is now believed to only be Euro 4 so will only be on the 6/7’s again. Probably be around until the electric buses come now.