You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers
They used to alight on St Mary's place as it was quicker than waiting for the bus to navigate the lights and fight its way into Haymarket.  Haven't been through for a while though, is that still the case?
(28 Aug 2024, 5:57 am)RMF1254 wrote As a frequent user of Coast Road services, I would say most people alight in St Mary’s Place. However, if you look at the queues in the 3 bays heading towards the Coast Road you will see that the majority actually board in the Haymarket. Put those 3 queues together in St Mary’s Place and there would be little shelter and traffic chaos.

Do most people no alight at St Marys place due to the fact the bus stops there for a while before heading off into the haymarket though?  I know i've been on the 44 several times when its approached barras bridge and stopped and the driver has said he has to wait "x" minutes before heading to heymarket and the bus just empties?
(28 Aug 2024, 2:54 pm)Rob44 wrote Do most people no alight at St Marys place due to the fact the bus stops there for a while before heading off into the haymarket though?  I know i've been on the 44 several times when its approached barras bridge and stopped and the driver has said he has to wait "x" minutes before heading to heymarket and the bus just empties?

Yeah, I've had drivers point out that they're going to be there a while. 

I've taken to jumping off a late running Angel 21 at St Mary's Place because I know from experience that we're not likely to have another chance to get off until Newgate street as it is highly likely to skip Eldon Square altogether.