You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Redcar depot
(14 Sep 2024, 6:26 am)Mark66t wrote Non of them are fit for Redcar work Stockton need to stop sending them to be honest

Not Stocktons fault at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: Redcar depot
(16 Sep 2024, 3:24 pm)TSpottybus wrote Not Stocktons fault at all

That's where u wrong because it came in that state the paint work
Redcar depot
(16 Sep 2024, 7:10 pm)Mark66t wrote That's where u wrong because it came in that state the paint work

Nothing wrong with the paint work for the Streetlites at all

Redcar depot
(17 Sep 2024, 7:25 am)Mark66t wrote Been told 1404 is due to go back to Ashington from after been on loan to Stockton

1404 isn’t going back to Ashington stop bringing up more lies!!

(18 Sep 2024, 1:47 am)Spottybus wrote 1404 isn’t going back to Ashington stop bringing up more lies!!

It's literally already there, so I'd get your facts right before shouting down other people.
(18 Sep 2024, 6:18 am)PH - BQA wrote It's literally already there, so I'd get your facts right before shouting down other people.

Seems to allegedly be tracking on the X12, Durham to Middlesbrough, at the moment, so is the ticket machine from 1404 now in a different vehicle?

However, we could certainly do with a more civilised discussion regarding matters at Redcar depot, which do rather seem to degenerate into a rather childish shouting match .....
(18 Sep 2024, 1:47 am)Spottybus wrote 1404 isn’t going back to Ashington stop bringing up more lies!!

Spit ur dummy out I was only on loan to Stockton but you would just cause arguments with people who actually knew more than you about transferred and no Stockton don't need a replacement

(18 Sep 2024, 6:55 am)Ianthegoon wrote Seems to allegedly be tracking on the X12, Durham to Middlesbrough, at the moment, so is the ticket machine from 1404 now in a different vehicle?

However, we could certainly do with a more civilised discussion regarding matters at Redcar depot, which do rather seem to degenerate into a rather childish shouting match .....

PH - BQA
It's literally already there, so I'd get your facts right before shouting down other people.

Exactly  some people just can't accept that some other people knows more about transfers than others  we all know it's was only on loan to Stockton not permanent
Redcar depot
(18 Sep 2024, 6:18 am)PH - BQA wrote It's literally already there, so I'd get your facts right before shouting down other people.

Yh course it is when it’s obviously on the X12

(18 Sep 2024, 7:31 am)Mark66t wrote Spit ur dummy out I was only on loan to Stockton but you would just cause arguments with people who actually knew more than you about transferred and no Stockton don't need a replacement

You really think you know everything but you clearly don’t at all, you say that you do but you clearly don’t

(18 Sep 2024, 9:33 am)Spottybus wrote Yh course it is when it’s obviously on the X12

Once again, take bustimes information with a pinch of salt. Ticket machines are swapped on a regular basis between vehicles and fleet numbers aren't always changed accordingly. 

1404 has been confirmed by employees as having moved.
Redcar depot
(18 Sep 2024, 9:48 am)PH - BQA wrote Once again, take bustimes information with a pinch of salt. Ticket machines are swapped on a regular basis between vehicles and fleet numbers aren't always changed accordingly. 

1404 has been confirmed by employees as having moved.

Where’s the proof then??

(18 Sep 2024, 9:49 am)Spottybus wrote Where’s the proof then??

It's called  1404 now permanent based at Ashington  that's where it is just stop causing drama

(18 Sep 2024, 9:49 am)140rSpottybus wrote Where’s the proof then??

1404 on the x12 is 1405
My question is why are we arguing about a blooming bus transfer. Like who cares. Also this is the Redcar Depot Thread and we are arguing in here about a Transfer from Stockton to Ashington. I loved 1404 when it was at Redcar but I guess it's needed elsewhere right now. That happens from time to time. it would have probs been beneficial to send a 61 Plate up there but they decided 1404. It's just how Arriva are.

Anyways, is there any news about these Redcar 63 Electrics and what they are going to be and when they're coming as Redcar have still got no plans of withdrawing Temsas.
Redcar depot
(18 Sep 2024, 3:29 pm)Mike_98 wrote My question is why are we arguing about a blooming bus transfer. Like who cares. Also this is the Redcar Depot Thread and we are arguing in here about a Transfer from Stockton to Ashington. I loved 1404 when it was at Redcar but I guess it's needed elsewhere right now. That happens from time to time. it would have probs been beneficial to send a 61 Plate up there but they decided 1404. It's just how Arriva are.

Anyways, is there any news about these Redcar 63 Electrics and what they are going to be and when they're coming as Redcar have still got no plans of withdrawing Temsas.

Hearing rumours that the planned conversion to electric has been either cancelled or postponed.
Alternative plans are being put in place with a mix of new and cascaded vehicles due over the next 6 months to remove the Temsa fleet. They were confirmed to employees yesterday so I am sure we will hear them shortly…

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Redcar depot
(18 Sep 2024, 6:17 pm)tyresmoke wrote Hearing rumours that the planned conversion to electric has been either cancelled or postponed.
Alternative plans are being put in place with a mix of new and cascaded vehicles due over the next 6 months to remove the Temsa fleet. They were confirmed to employees yesterday so I am sure we will hear them shortly…

10 new Evora’s due for service X4 in March 2025, with hopefully a bunch of Pulsars cascaded in to replace the rest of the Temsas, presumably from Merseyside and/or Manchester

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(19 Sep 2024, 8:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote 10 new Evora’s due for service X4 in March 2025, with hopefully a bunch of Pulsars cascaded in to replace the rest of the Temsas, presumably from Merseyside and/or Manchester

Have they given any updates on what's happening with other depots and investments in the North East?
(19 Sep 2024, 8:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote 10 new Evora’s due for service X4 in March 2025, with hopefully a bunch of Pulsars cascaded in to replace the rest of the Temsas, presumably from Merseyside and/or Manchester

How do we know they're going to specifically for the X4 Service? Wouldn't the Pulsars still be better on the hills and put the Evoras on the 63 to then be able to scrap 10 of the worst performing Temsas.

Be nice to see new buses in the redcar fleet. Let's see how long they last before being dispatched to other depots
(21 Sep 2024, 12:52 pm)Mike_98 wrote How do we know they're going to specifically for the X4 Service? Wouldn't the Pulsars still be better on the hills and put the Evoras on the 63 to then be able to scrap 10 of the worst performing Temsas.

The Volvo D8K is a better engine than a Cummins engine for the hills. 

Wouldn't make sense to do that.
(21 Sep 2024, 1:03 pm)Storx wrote The Volvo D8K is a better engine than a Cummins engine for the hills. 

Wouldn't make sense to do that.

They're also brand new Volvo's for a demanding service, rather than using retirement-ready Pulsars. Even from a reliability POV it would make zero sense, let alone thinking about performance (which, as you say, the Volvo would also be better suited).
(21 Sep 2024, 1:43 pm)PH - BQA wrote They're also brand new Volvo's for a demanding service, rather than using retirement-ready Pulsars. Even from a reliability POV it would make zero sense, let alone thinking about performance (which, as you say, the Volvo would also be better suited).

Yeah totally agreed, assuming the electrics hasn't been cancelled here, I'd be personally looking at more Evora's for the X2/X3/64/64A at Redcar and that's it. With the electrics on the 63 that's Redcar sorted for a long time - Pulsars until then. 

For Stockton do the same with the 5/5A/X12 then use all the Streetlites and newest Pulsars doing the rest of the network. 

Perfectly fine for a few more years unless there's some more electric money being thrown around which they could easily bid for the likes of the 8/9 to see off all the Pulsars. The Volvo's imo are overkill for anything else at Stockton and the 63 too.
(21 Sep 2024, 2:29 pm)Storx wrote Yeah totally agreed, assuming the electrics hasn't been cancelled here, I'd be personally looking at more Evora's for the X2/X3/64/64A at Redcar and that's it. With the electrics on the 63 that's Redcar sorted for a long time - Pulsars until then. 

For Stockton do the same with the 5/5A/X12 then use all the Streetlites and newest Pulsars doing the rest of the network. 

Perfectly fine for a few more years unless there's some more electric money being thrown around which they could easily bid for the likes of the 8/9 to see off all the Pulsars. The Volvo's imo are overkill for anything else at Stockton and the 63 too.

Do Stockton have any X66 boards these days? They'd arguably be perfect for that too. 

I notice a post on Facebook today where comments from employees are indicating that the remaining B7TLs will be withdrawn within a few weeks. I've also heard on the grapevine that the Darlington E300s (1351-6) are not long for this world.
(21 Sep 2024, 4:19 pm)PH - BQA wrote Do Stockton have any X66 boards these days? They'd arguably be perfect for that too. 

I notice a post on Facebook today where comments from employees are indicating that the remaining B7TLs will be withdrawn within a few weeks. I've also heard on the grapevine that the Darlington E300s (1351-6) are not long for this world.

Have the Darlington E300s got a few weeks left as well? What is replacing the B7TLs?
(21 Sep 2024, 4:19 pm)PH - BQA wrote Do Stockton have any X66 boards these days? They'd arguably be perfect for that too. 

Not too sure on the X66/X67, I assumed they were Darlington based. Darlington badly needs investment though aswell really, what though I couldn't really say because it seems like some routes should probably have more deckers on them. Moving the Streetlite's out probably wouldn't be the worst thing either as they seem to struggle with them and they'd be better joining their sisters at Durham and Stockton and sticking them on more local routes which they're better suited really.

Interesting the B7's though, wonder if it might involve the B9's + DB300's at Whitby possibly? If I'm correct the PVR is only 5 in the winter and there's currently 12 buses there, so would kind of work, especially if they ran one of the X93 boards with singles as they don't really need deckers in the winter really with a new plan to sort the problem out properly by next Summer. The timetable should be due soon, believe it's the first week of November usually.

Well unless something comes up from London, I know there's talk of them withdrawing some of their DB300's.
I saw a post today by an Arriva employee, saying that a few optare solo SRs from Yorkshire are going to the North East, and they are at Castleford at the moment getting various repairs before heading North