You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(30 Aug 2024, 9:40 am)F114TML wrote Huh. I thought it'd be going for scrap. It was in a right state when getting loaded onto the Alpha truck.

39710 didn't look too bad yesterday apart from the missing bits, right down to the "Apprentice Training Vehicle" lettering below the rear fleetname.
For those wondering about Sunderland's electrics - the demolition work is rumoured to start next week. It's all been delayed due to seagulls nesting in the shed roof.
(18 Sep 2024, 7:46 pm)F114TML wrote For those wondering about Sunderland's electrics - the demolition work is rumoured to start next week. It's all been delayed due to seagulls nesting in the shed roof.

Thought it was late starting, is the full roof coming off? Be weird seeing it with some/no roof
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Sep 2024, 7:57 pm)Michael wrote Thought it was late starting, is the full roof coming off? Be weird seeing it with some/no roof

Believe the plan is to take the roof off the shed (not the wash) and lower the wall facing dundas street
(18 Sep 2024, 8:38 pm)F114TML wrote Believe the plan is to take the roof off the shed (not the wash) and lower the wall facing dundas street

Not much work tbh, wonder how long it'll take?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Sep 2024, 9:00 pm)Michael wrote Not much work tbh, wonder how long it'll take?

Due to take approx 3 months. The whole roof and support beams/columns are coming down and then the new charging points and cabling need to be fitted, along with new lighting
(20 Sep 2024, 7:26 am)F114TML wrote And it starts today apparently so if you want any last pics of the depot with thd shed still standing, this is your last chance.

Does anyone know when the work will start for Slatyford to accommodate the chargers for the new electric buses? Be interesting what they do as Slatyford depot used to have no roof but the local residents complained of the noise when buses were being checked on a morning so they put one on hence why it’s a new(ish) roof.
(20 Sep 2024, 7:26 am)F114TML wrote And it starts today apparently so if you want any last pics of the depot with thd shed still standing, this is your last chance.

Oh nice, might have to pop around after work next week.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Okay, so people are allowed to disagree with me here, but when did the X34 become so slow, i swear it never used to take 45 mins from Newcastle to Horsley Hill (and Marsden)
Kind Regards
Tez
(10 hours ago)V514DFT wrote Okay, so people are allowed to disagree with me here, but when did the X34 become so slow, i swear it never used to take 45 mins from Newcastle to Horsley Hill (and Marsden)

It takes 31 mins by google maps to do the route from newcastle to horsley hill, thats in a car, given a bus is slower, has to stop and have time to load passengers, getting stuck at the railway crossings when they fail to rise after the train, 45 mins seems good timing at quiet times, busy time probably tight for time
(10 hours ago)V514DFT wrote Okay, so people are allowed to disagree with me here, but when did the X34 become so slow, i swear it never used to take 45 mins from Newcastle to Horsley Hill (and Marsden)

Must say I always thought it was quicker, but checking this timetable from 1999 (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...th1999.jpg)

It's pretty much the same as it's always been.

Ironically one of the few timetables that has actually improved since then, bet there's not many that can say that.
(9 hours ago)Storx wrote Must say I always thought it was quicker, but checking this timetable from 1999 (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/asse...th1999.jpg)

It's pretty much the same as it's always been.

Ironically one of the few timetables that has actually improved since then, bet there's not many that can say that.

Dont get me wrong, when i was younger it felt alot quicker, i think the only thing thats changed since then is the not stopping at Haymarket anymore, and the way it gets to Horsley Hill, it used to go The Nook, Marsden, Horsley Hill, Harton Village, then head back to Newcastle
Kind Regards
Tez