Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(18 Feb 2014, 10:13 am)tyresmoke wrote Got to agree there it should be the same colour to keep the brand identity. Sadly they've failed on that!

I guess that's what they are doing - keeping the current brand identity and not changing it.
I would have liked to see them integrated but someone has obviously decided that's not a good idea.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(18 Feb 2014, 10:17 am)citaro5284 wrote Why, when it a different brand?

TyneTees Xpress / WearTees Xpress, not linked at all? Don't use same font? Don't go a loosely similar route?
(18 Feb 2014, 8:43 am)Dan wrote 5334 has not gone to Saltmeadows, so is probably out in service today. Instead, 5338 has. As a reminder, we are expecting this vehicle to be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery for onward transfer to Stanley depot.

The vehicle 'in need' of a repaint for quite some time, which I have been hinting at by emphasising the 'in need' bit, also appears to be at Saltmeadows now (so is presumably there for scheduled repaint) - but could well be for maintenance. The vehicle in question is former "Children in Need" liveried 3964. I've got my money on this one coming out in Go North East's corporate livery likewise.

What services is it going to Stanley for?
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:29 am)Tom wrote What services is it going to Stanley for?

I've suggested in the past that they will be spares for any service at Stanley rather than allocated to a specific service.
Allows two Volvo B7TLs to be released (two are currently spares at Stanley at the moment), ultimately leading to the withdrawal of two further Olympians.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:31 am)Dan wrote I've suggested in the past that they will be spares for any service at Stanley rather than allocated to a specific service.
Allows two Volvo B7TLs to be released (two are currently spares at Stanley at the moment), ultimately leading to the withdrawal of two further Olympians.

I do think the ''Diamond'' could do with a Citaro or two spare, as that always seems to have Olympains/Presidents on.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:33 am)Tom wrote I do think the ''Diamond'' could do with a Citaro or two spare, as that always seems to have Olympains/Presidents on.

Precisely. Having two 'red spares' is ideal and will assist in future with depot standardisation - Stanley is said to be in-line to receive new Citaros for the Lime and cascaded Citaros for the Red Kite this year.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:34 am)Dan wrote Precisely. Having two 'red spares' is ideal and will assist in future with depot standardisation - Stanley is said to be in-line to receive new Citaros for the Lime and cascaded Citaros for the Red Kite this year.

I agree, and of course, you'll probably have two red Citaros if the ''Lime'' does receive Citaros this year.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:36 am)Tom wrote I agree, and of course, you'll probably have two red Citaros if the ''Lime'' does receive Citaros this year.

Only one at each depot though. Wink
(18 Feb 2014, 10:34 am)Dan wrote Precisely. Having two 'red spares' is ideal and will assist in future with depot standardisation - Stanley is said to be in-line to receive new Citaros for the Lime and cascaded Citaros for the Red Kite this year.

I do hope that means Deptford might finally get some Omnicitys!

Is 5337 going to Stanley to?

(18 Feb 2014, 10:36 am)Tom wrote I agree, and of course, you'll probably have two red Citaros if the ''Lime'' does receive Citaros this year.

I think it was Dan said for every 8 PVR their will be spare but their will be 2 for the Lime, 1 for each depot (CLS and Stanley)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:39 am)Michael wrote I do hope that means Deptford might finally get some Omnicitys!

Told you before.. Deptford have standards! Wink

Believe so, yes.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:39 am)Michael wrote I do hope that means Deptford might finally get some Omnicitys!

I think the Red Kite OmniCitys will be Percy Main bound
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:42 am)Kuyoyo wrote I think the Red Kite OmniCitys will be Percy Main bound

I have certainly suggested that the Centurion is in-line to receive them...and more than once too!

I think it was Dan said for every 8 PVR their will be spare but their will be 2 for the Lime, 1 for each depot (CLS and Stanley)

''The Red Kite'' branded omnicities should be coming to Percy Main for the 17.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:42 am)Kuyoyo wrote I think the Red Kite OmniCitys will be Percy Main bound

Forgot about the Centurion getting them.

what is the PVR for the 17/17A?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:43 am)Michael wrote Forgot about the Centurion getting them.

what is the PVR for the 17/17A?

Nine for the 17 I believe, four for the 17A on a Sunday, but that uses MPD's.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:49 am)Tom wrote Nine for the 17 I believe, four for the 17A on a Sunday, but that uses MPD's.

Thanks,it fits in perfect then... will the 17 still need to use deckers though?

So 7 Omni's with 2 deckers?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(18 Feb 2014, 10:49 am)Tom wrote Nine for the 17 I believe, four for the 17A on a Sunday, but that uses MPD's.

I thought it 11 (possibly including 307 too, as they interwork) but only 9 branded as two lolynes are required.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:56 am)CatsFast101 wrote I thought it 11 (possibly including 307 too, as they interwork) but only 9 branded as two lolynes are required.

That's correct.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:57 am)Dan wrote That's correct.

Ah yeah, it's quite annoying not having the full PVR branded though, as there is always 4+ Lolynes on the 17 each day.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:56 am)CatsFast101 wrote I thought it 11 (possibly including 307 too, as they interwork) but only 9 branded as two lolynes are required.

possibility the spare Omni's at Percy Main atm will be used on it to, with the 9 getting something else... since its never full Omni from percy main anyway
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 10:58 am)Michael wrote possibility the spare Omni's at Percy Main atm will be used on it to, with the 9 getting something else... since its never full Omni from percy main anyway

There are nine "Red Kite" branded vehicles - no need for any others to be used on the Centurion.
(18 Feb 2014, 10:17 am)citaro5284 wrote Why, when it a different brand?

Why then emulate it with a similar base colour, gold X and logo? Either do it properly or not at all?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(18 Feb 2014, 11:00 am)Dan wrote There are nine "Red Kite" branded vehicles - no need for any others to be used on the Centurion.

This is Percy Main... Tongue

Not even 2 deckers?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(18 Feb 2014, 11:02 am)Michael wrote This is Percy Main... Tongue

Not even 2 deckers?

Yes the deckers are required for scholars!

11 PVR.
9 'Centurion' branded Omnicity will be used.
2 'Northern' branded Lolyne will be used.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 11:02 am)Michael wrote This is Percy Main... Tongue

Not even 2 deckers?

The two Lolynes officially allocated at present will continue to be allocated.

Whether the OmniCitys are branded or not is a completely different matter, and certainly hasn't been decided yet.
(18 Feb 2014, 11:05 am)CatsFast101 wrote Yes the deckers are required for scholars!

11 PVR.
9 'Centurion' branded Omnicity will be used.
2 'Northern' branded Lolyne will be used.

Or possibly Presidents by then Big Grin
(18 Feb 2014, 11:01 am)tyresmoke wrote Why then emulate it with a similar base colour, gold X and logo? Either do it properly or not at all?

Totally agree.
If they are different brands, make sure they look totally different.
If they are keeping a 'theme', then the colours need to match
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Feb 2014, 11:06 am)Dan wrote The two Lolynes officially allocated at present will continue to be allocated.

Whether the OmniCitys are branded or not is a completely different matter, and certainly hasn't been decided yet.

They should brand the 2 deckers to, if they do brand it!

Can any do a paper Centurion on a Omnicity?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(18 Feb 2014, 11:08 am)Michael wrote They should brand the 2 deckers to, if they do brand it!

Can any do a paper Centurion on a Omnicity?

Guarantee the livery will change and something will be professionally designed if they do go for the branding route...so a little pointless doing the current livery.
(18 Feb 2014, 11:11 am)Dan wrote Guarantee the livery will change and something will be professionally designed if they do go for the branding route...so a little pointless doing the current livery.

I hope they keep it, its a decent brand but yellow Omni's... maybe not, think it would be nice to go back to a red base like when it first launched.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.