Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
Currently on 3886 and its broken down in Lanchester, and there was me hoping a Merc might turn up this morning.

been waiting for someone to come and jump start the bus, no luck! On the next bus to Newcastle behind now.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 9:42 am)Arcticrossy92 wrote Currently on 3886 and its broken down in Lanchester, and there was me hoping a Merc might turn up this morning.

The chances of 5337/38 making their way onto services X30/X31 are slim. They are to be first allocated to the Diamond, should any of the branded vehicles be VOR. In the event that all branded vehicles are on the road (which very rarely happens, let's face it...), they would then have the opportunity to be allocated to other services like the Red Kite or X30/X31.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(21 Feb 2014, 12:12 am)Davey Bowyer wrote Leading on from that here's my idea for the next Gemini:
- Same body as the Gemini 2
- Same gearbox as mentioned above
- Volvo D10-245 lump in the rear modified to Euro 6

How does that sound?

Why would they degress back to a previous body design? Makes no sense in a progressive world.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(21 Feb 2014, 9:54 am)Dan wrote The chances of 5337/38 making their way onto services X30/X31 are slim. They are to be first allocated to the Diamond, should any of the branded vehicles be VOR. In the event that all branded vehicles are on the road (which very rarely happens, let's face it...), they would then have the opportunity to be allocated to other services like the Red Kite or X30/X31.

slim hope mate, i admit!
Site Administrator
5336 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint. 5334 is still there too, but should have emerged from the paintshop by now. Highly doubt 5336 will be repainted this week though, unless they rush it.

5335/37 remain allocated at Percy Main and are out in service today.

No further "Centurion" branded B10BLEs have yet arrived at Saltmeadows as far as I know, but it may be worth noting that, for reasons unknown, 5165 is currently at Riverside.
(21 Feb 2014, 11:40 am)Dan wrote 5336 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint. 5334 is still there too, but should have emerged from the paintshop by now. Highly doubt 5336 will be repainted this week though, unless they rush it.

5335/37 remain allocated at Percy Main and are out in service today.

No further "Centurion" branded B10BLEs have yet arrived at Saltmeadows as far as I know, but it may be worth noting that, for reasons unknown, 5165 is currently at Riverside.

I like to know why their not doing them in order... lol

Maybe 5165 didn't want to go back to PM.. due to it being on the 9 most of the time... haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 11:48 am)Michael wrote I like to know why their not doing them in order... lol

Maybe 5165 didn't want to go back to PM.. due to it being on the 9 most of the time... haha

Yet another Percy Main mystery, but as long as they're all done in the end...!
(21 Feb 2014, 11:50 am)Dan wrote Yet another Percy Main mystery, but as long as they're all done in the end...!

Ye, i would say 5334 will head straight to Deptford then on to Peterlee?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 11:54 am)Michael wrote Ye, i would say 5334 will head straight to Deptford then on to Peterlee?

I'd assume it would stay at Deptford for the weekend and providing all drivers have received familiarisation on 5333, it will move over on Sunday night to enter service on Monday - B10BLEs obviously heading in the other direction.
(21 Feb 2014, 11:56 am)Dan wrote I'd assume it would stay at Deptford for the weekend and providing all drivers have received familiarisation on 5333, it will move over on Sunday night to enter service on Monday - B10BLEs obviously heading in the other direction.

Cheer's it might have a run out before heading over.

Has any of the B10's from the Wear tee's Xpress being de-branded yet or are they waiting till they get repainted?

which depot will they be going to or are they heading straight to SM to re-paint?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 11:59 am)Michael wrote Cheer's it might have a run out before heading over.

Has any of the B10's from the Wear tee's Xpress being de-branded yet or are they waiting till they get repainted?

which depot will they be going to or are they heading straight to SM to re-paint?

I don't think a single one retains all of its original branding - they all look so tatty due to the odd bits of replaced panels/vinyls. Despite this, they should remain in full branding while at Peterlee.

I'd imagine, if any depot, they would remain at Deptford until scheduled to be repainted - hopefully de-branded...
(21 Feb 2014, 12:03 pm)Dan wrote I don't think a single one retains all of its original branding - they all look so tatty due to the odd bits of replaced panels/vinyls. Despite this, they should remain in full branding while at Peterlee.

I'd imagine, if any depot, they would remain at Deptford until scheduled to be repainted - hopefully de-branded...

Wonder if passenger numbers will increase when the citaro's enter service on the X7.

Not sure if it's being discussed (terrible memory) but what are they replacing?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if passenger numbers will increase when the citaro's enter service on the X7.

I've suggested they could go in corporate livery and replace the oldest Renowns in the fleet (the ones at the top of the list on our fleet lists).
(21 Feb 2014, 12:07 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if passenger numbers will increase when the citaro's enter service on the X7.

Although its a turn for the better, the service is losing 4 seats per journey (44 seats on the Renowns and 40 on the Citaros). However I don't think this will make any difference as I doubt people would want to use a service just because its got 10 reg Citaros. Although looking at the buses age people wont be as scared about it breaking down half way down the A19.
(21 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm)Dan wrote I've suggested they could go in corporate livery and replace the oldest Renowns in the fleet (the ones at the top of the list on our fleet lists).

Cheer's couldn't remember, Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(21 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Although its a turn for the better, the service is losing 4 seats per journey (44 seats on the Renowns and 40 on the Citaros). However I don't think this will make any difference as I doubt people would want to use a service just because its got 10 reg Citaros. Although looking at the buses age people wont be as scared about it breaking down half way down the A19.

I don't think anyone uses a service based on vehicle type - no ones going to use X7 because it has Mercs just the same as no ones going to use angel because it hybrids. However reliability is something which is major issue with X7 the Renowns couldn't cope with the route, simple as. Journeys regularly broke down or wouldn't turn up, people didn't use the service because of reliability, if you're at Sunderland and X7 was/is so unreliable you'd just opt for the 23/24 despite taking 10 mins longer at least you'd get there, and the same at other locations Peterlee-Wingate the 21 is timed just behind it iirc and people will just opt for this service instead & at Seaham it's easier to get a 60 despite been longer.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 1:25 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I don't think anyone uses a service based on vehicle type - no ones going to use X7 because it has Mercs just the same as no ones going to use angel because it hybrids. However reliability is something which is major issue with X7 the Renowns couldn't cope with the route, simple as. Journeys regularly broke down or wouldn't turn up, people didn't use the service because of reliability, if you're at Sunderland and X7 was/is so unreliable you'd just opt for the 23/24 despite taking 10 mins longer at least you'd get there, and the same at other locations Peterlee-Wingate the 21 is timed just behind it iirc and people will just opt for this service instead & at Seaham it's easier to get a 60 despite been longer.

Although I agree that customers won't use a service based on the vehicle type badge it carries (Mercedes in this case), the reliability reflected by said vehicle type might.

The intention of upgrading the Tyne Tees Xpress to B9TLs was to bring back lost custom as a result of the poor reliability caused by the B7TL allocation and to hopefully attract more from the train with the attractive free extras (Wi-Fi and power sockets). To bring last night's discussion into this, the investment costs were questioned when it came to vehicles costing £200k each - nevermind £350k each.

In the same way as the Tyne Tees Xpress did (and perhaps will again), I'd argue that the full potential of the Wear Tees Xpress hasn't been shown accurately because of passengers making judgements based on one poor experience (after all, that's all it takes). The Wear Tees Xpress certainly cannot justify new vehicles, but could justify what is believed to be the best single decker (in terms of reliability and comfort).

I hope that the new vehicles bring back lost custom and more.
PB0003954/593 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: BROCKLEY WHINS METRO
Finish Point: SOUTH HYLTON METRO
Via:
Service Number: 901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 23-FEB-2014
Other Details: REPLACEMENT STOPS NEAR EACH METRO STATION ON SITE SUNDAYS ONLY 23/2/2014 ADN 9/3/2014

For this Sunday and on the 9th...

Bet 5331 looks much better since its the only re-painted branded one!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(21 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm)Dan wrote I've suggested they could go in corporate livery and replace the oldest Renowns in the fleet (the ones at the top of the list on our fleet lists).

I know there's been reliability with the 4 vehicles on the X7 but maybe they may replace 4850, 1, 2 & 3 off the lime cycle seen as that route is due an upgrade this year and also thinking the R reg examples on the lime seem to becoming unreliable too.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 5:02 pm)nk55 wrote I know there's been reliability with the 4 vehicles on the X7 but maybe they may replace 4850, 1, 2 & 3 off the lime cycle seen as that route is due an upgrade this year and also thinking the R reg examples on the lime seem to becoming unreliable too.

With them going red, it seems unlikely. You'd be diluting about a third of the brand by doing so - granted this sometimes happens owing to the current allocation being VOR, but not always.
I think given that the Lime is suggested to be in-line to receive brand new vehicles this year is another reason why it wouldn't happen.

On another note, B9TLs 6114/6115 have now arrived at Percy Main. They should enter service immediately.
(21 Feb 2014, 5:26 pm)Dan wrote On another note, B9TLs 6114/6115 have now arrived at Percy Main. They should enter service immediately.

Only took them months... only the 2 Northern ones left to arrive at Percy Main?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 5:34 pm)Michael wrote Only took them months... only the 2 Northern ones left to arrive at Percy Main?

Yup.
Site Administrator
(21 Feb 2014, 5:34 pm)Michael wrote Only took them months... only the 2 Northern ones left to arrive at Percy Main?

To add to my brief reply earlier...

Both of Percy Main's red B9TLs have now been registered with the DVLA. This means that they should be heading off to Percy Main shortly too, if they already haven't.

6116:
.png GNE_6116_DVLA.png

6117:
.png GNE_6117_DVLA.png
(21 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm)Dan wrote To add to my brief reply earlier...

Both of Percy Main's red B9TLs have now been registered with the DVLA. This means that they should be heading off to Percy Main shortly too, if they already haven't.

6116:

6117:

If I had to put a bet on it, I'd say the first rare and odd working will be the 17.
(21 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote If I had to put a bet on it, I'd say the first rare and odd working will be the 17.

More than likely! Will two Lolynes be replacing two Olympians at Percy Main?