Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(26 Feb 2014, 10:47 pm)speedwheels22 wrote 8246 didn't sound very well today when I got on awfull noise them omncitys have got some brakes on them good buses them

8246 is a South Tyne Cadet so it wont sound very healthy. But what makes 8242/3/4/5/6 so unreliable compared to the rest of them? Confuses me a bit.
(27 Feb 2014, 7:54 am)idiot wrote The omnicities I've travelled on aren't exactly a nice ride I think.

ah i disagree with that i enjoy an Omnicity, good solid buses and the seats are reasonably comfy
Does anybody know the current situation with Saltmeadows? Has 5334 and 5336 transferred to Peterlee or are they still at Deptford? Also, when will Saltmeadows be free to brand up all of the plain buses like the Lilac and Purple versas and the plain black solars, and im also guessing 6099, 6100, 6116 and 6117 as I doubt they will remain as plain as they are now.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2014, 6:08 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Does anybody know the current situation with Saltmeadows? Has 5334 and 5336 transferred to Peterlee or are they still at Deptford? Also, when will Saltmeadows be free to brand up all of the plain buses like the Lilac and Purple versas and the plain black solars, and im also guessing 6099, 6100, 6116 and 6117 as I doubt they will remain as plain as they are now.

5333 still at Peterlee on familiarisation.
5334/36 at Deptford for onward transfer to Peterlee.
5335 at Saltmeadows for repaint.
5337 is still at Percy Main as far as I know.

Vinyl fitters can apply branding at regular depots. The next vehicles in-line to be branded are the "Fast Cats" Solars and indeed a red Solar was out covering for a black one today on X35/X36... I wonder..!
(27 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote 5333 still at Peterlee on familiarisation.

Vinyl fitters can apply branding at regular depots. The next vehicles in-line to be branded are the "Fast Cats" Solars and indeed a red Solar was out covering for a black one today on X35/X36... I wonder..!

Glad their starting to brand the buses.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote Glad their starting to brand the buses.

Might not have been covering for one getting branded, one might of been off the road or more likely in Deptfords case, on a route the bus isn't meant for.
(27 Feb 2014, 6:31 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote Might not have been covering for one getting branded, one might of been off the road or more likely in Deptfords case, on a route the bus isn't meant for.

Ye but Dan said the next buses to get branded are Fast Cats, then in his normal hint mode Tongue,... indeed a red Solar was out covering for a black one today on X35/X36... I wonder..!

One could of being off route but its getting closer to when they will get branded, they might as well do the one which is off road first.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Feb 2014, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote Ye but Dan said the next buses to get branded are Fast Cats, then in his normal hint mode Tongue,... indeed a red Solar was out covering for a black one today on X35/X36... I wonder..!

One could of being off route but its getting closer to when they will get branded, they might as well do the one which is off road first.

In theory yes, this is what they might as well do, but we will never know what the people at Deptford do behind the scenes, also, what is happening with the top banner on the current branded Solars? Will a new one be produced or does it look like they will just have a black banner?
(27 Feb 2014, 6:39 pm)northtynelinks2 wrote what is happening with the top banner on the current branded Solars? Will a new one be produced or does it look like they will just have a black banner?

That i have no idea, it should be removed and replaced with something like:

Fast Cats linking Sunderland with Hartlepool X35 and Newcastle X36
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(27 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm)Michael wrote That i have no idea, it should be removed and replaced with something like:

Or do something like the TEN and come up with several different slogans and maybe 2 buses maximum will wear each slogan.
(27 Feb 2014, 7:54 am)idiot wrote The omnicities I've travelled on aren't exactly a nice ride I think.

I agree, I'm glad they're off the Cobalt Clipper - not sure if its the gearbox or what but they give quite a jerky ride. The gear changes are just awful IMO.
(27 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm)ne14ne1 wrote I agree, I'm glad they're off the Cobalt Clipper - not sure if its the gearbox or what but they give an awful jerky ride. The gear changes are just awful IMO.

I think they are great on the 50 minus 5257, Wasn't a fan of the Buzzing sound it was making from the Engine or the Air Con and it was rather Jerky, had 5259 Tonight on my way home from work, and the ride was nice and smooth, best one I have been on so far over the past couple of weeks.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(27 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm)Michael wrote That i have no idea, it should be removed and replaced with something like:

Something along the lines of
X35 * Hartlepoool * Sunderland * Newcastle * X36
Would do the job.

Good they starting to brand the buses up, i don't really understand why those wasn't done when repainting for certain vehicles? I mean majority of South Tyne Versas were painted when operational on 88, branding them straight away would of made sense similarly with the 39 Versas (bar 8306, all were done when allocated to 39's) and Wear Tees Xpress are going straight onto those services.
(27 Feb 2014, 7:04 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Something along the lines of
X35 * Hartlepoool * Sunderland * Newcastle * X36
Would do the job.

That would work since they do Interwork
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(27 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote 5333 still at Peterlee on familiarisation.

5205 is now branded "Fast Cats".
(28 Feb 2014, 7:55 am)Dan wrote 5205 is now branded "Fast Cats".

Has the top banner got something else on, or nothing at all?
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 7:57 am)Tom wrote Has the top banner got something else on, or nothing at all?

I have only had the message passed on - it received branding yesterday hence my little hint.
(28 Feb 2014, 7:55 am)Dan wrote 5205 is now branded "Fast Cats".

Where abouts is the bus atm ill have a look out for it, have to pass though the town.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 8:09 am)Michael wrote Where abouts is the bus atm ill have a look out for it, have to pass though the town.

If I knew that I'd have taken a photo to complement the post! Wink
(28 Feb 2014, 8:10 am)Dan wrote If I knew that I'd have grabbed a photo! Wink

Maybe u should skip school to get a pic Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
5206 now carrying Cast Fast branding. Seen in park Lane right now, 3:40. Branding mentions X35 only unless near side mentions X36?
Site Administrator
(28 Feb 2014, 3:41 pm)CatsFast101 wrote 5206 now carrying Cast Fast branding. Seen in park Lane right now, 3:40. Branding mentions X35 only unless near side mentions X36?

That's what I believe was planned, but didn't want to say it for definite in case plans changed.
I have just completed the latest Go North East Passenger Panel survey and they have a section asking for opinions on bus branding. The questions are based on pictures of two GNE branded buses.
It will be interesting to see what the results are from the passenger panel on branding verses corpoarate livery.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(28 Feb 2014, 4:13 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Yes it does as can be seen in the photo of 5205 here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthea...836799503/

Oh well at least the X36 is remembered! Will the Original X35's be changed to show X36 on off side?
Not sure if it like the use if one side X35, one side X36 would of preferred basic destinations or just 'X35 - X36'