You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Model Buses
(05 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm)aureolin wrote I'm a bit disappointed they haven't released one of the Gemini 2 models yet. Preferably the Angel hybrid.

Your prayers have been answered Aureolin, there is now a Gemini 2 Model that'll be available in the UK, Instead of just China. It'll be released between January and June of 2014 and thus far it'll be available in Metroline and Brighton and Hove Livery, also there some more pulsar 2 models to be released also. And of course another NB4L Model Metroline. Looking like a great year for Model Buses.

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/corgi-direct...on/?page=1
(30 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Your prayers have been answered Aureolin, there is now a Gemini 2 Model that'll be available in the UK, Instead of just China. It'll be released between January and June of 2014 and thus far it'll be available in Metroline and Brighton and Hove Livery, also there some more pulsar 2 models to be released also. And of course another NB4L Model Metroline. Looking like a great year for Model Buses.

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/corgi-direct...on/?page=1

Might have to have it. My NB4L model is an Arriva one.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm)aureolin wrote Might have to have it. My NB4L model is an Arriva one.

I can't stop looking at the Brighton and Hove Gemini 2 Model, it looks more and more Fantastic the more I look at it. And I wouldn't mind a few NB4L Models.
Just in case people weren't aware, there was/is a model version of a Solar in The Ok Expressway livery with a choice of destination screen (choices were/are OK1 Crook or OK1 Darlington). I personally received one for Christmas as there are plenty on eBay. Might be quite a nice addition to a collection considering the service and brand has now been withdrawn.
(02 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm)peter wrote Just in case people weren't aware, there was/is a model version of a Solar in The Ok Expressway livery with a choice of destination screen (choices were/are OK1 Crook or OK1 Darlington). I personally received one for Christmas as there are plenty on eBay. Might be quite a nice addition to a collection considering the service and brand has now been withdrawn.

Already got one, had it months =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
EFE announced their latest future models today and included in them are 3 local ones; a Gateshead & District Alexander Atlantean, a GNE Northern SPD and a Northern Harrington Cavalier.

http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/News_Fe...202014.htm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the old Gateshead 7 went to? Obviously Fawdon was the terminus on the Newcastle side of the river, but where was the terminus on the Gateshead side?
(27 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm)Adam wrote Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the old Gateshead 7 went to? Obviously Fawdon was the terminus on the Newcastle side of the river, but where was the terminus on the Gateshead side?

It used to terminate at Springwell Estate.

Here's a timetable of the service circa 1971:

.jpg 1971-7-9-26.jpg
(28 Feb 2014, 7:30 am)AdamY wrote It used to terminate at Springwell Estate.

Here's a timetable of the service circa 1971:

Ah grand. Might get it then. I live in Eighton Banks which is beside Wrekenton. Thanks very much Smile
(28 Feb 2014, 9:27 am)andreos1 wrote I am guessing that must have been the forerunner of the original 56.

I would think so
(28 Feb 2014, 9:27 am)andreos1 wrote I am guessing that must have been the forerunner of the original 56.

Sort of. The 56 didn't appear until the early-80's after cross-Tyne services were curtailed to either Gateshead or Newcastle. In 1979, the 56 operated between Gateshead and Team Valley via Saltwell Road and Western Avenue - the forerunner to what became the 956.

The 7 went through an additional number change (I'm guessing 1973-ish) before it eventually became the 56.

I'll dig out the timetable and post it once I get back from work.
(28 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm)AdamY wrote Sort of. The 56 didn't appear until the early-80's after cross-Tyne services were curtailed to either Gateshead or Newcastle. In 1979, the 56 operated between Gateshead and Team Valley via Saltwell Road and Western Avenue - the forerunner to what became the 956.

The 7 went through an additional number change (I'm guessing 1973-ish) before it eventually became the 56.

I'll dig out the timetable and post it once I get back from work.

Interesting.
I know a lot of the 2x services were Fawdon - Beacon Lough estates/QE type services.
But never knew about this route.
It could be (using wild logic), that the 7 changed to a 2x number, prior to eventually becoming the 56.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(28 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm)andreos1 wrote Interesting.
I know a lot of the 2x services were Fawdon - Beacon Lough estates/QE type services.
But never knew about this route.
It could be (using wild logic), that the 7 changed to a 2x number, prior to eventually becoming the 56.

The Gateshead - Springwell Estate section of the 7 was replaced by the 9 & 10.

My old blog displays the timetables for these services:

http://oldtwbustime.wordpress.com/2011/0...wpte-1979/
(27 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm)Adam wrote EFE announced their latest future models today and included in them are 3 local ones; a Gateshead & District Alexander Atlantean, a GNE Northern SPD and a Northern Harrington Cavalier.

http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/News_Fe...202014.htm

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the old Gateshead 7 went to? Obviously Fawdon was the terminus on the Newcastle side of the river, but where was the terminus on the Gateshead side?

should of based this on 8289 blinded 71 Houghton le Spring via FPF, As it is an SLF2, Not an SPD, Typical EFE, Never get the Dart Models Correct
(26 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm)aureolin wrote Hattons are now taking orders for Corgi Collectables OM46505A Wright Eclipse Gemini2, Go Ahead Northern Angel of the North, 21 Newcastle, due out in November.

[Image: OM46505A_3078136_Qty1_cat.jpg]

Half the batch will be with a Newcastle destination, with the other half being Durham.

You mean to say they haven't done a batch for the ones that run short, are NIS or terminate at Cheater Black Horse? Wink
(26 Aug 2014, 8:44 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote You mean to say they haven't done a batch for the ones that run short, are NIS or terminate at Cheater Black Horse? Wink

Nope Sad at least they don't have the dilemma they'd have with an ANE Coastliner model though. They'd have to do 308/X4/X5/X10/X11/X13 editions. Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(26 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm)aureolin wrote Hattons are now taking orders for Corgi Collectables OM46505A Wright Eclipse Gemini2, Go Ahead Northern Angel of the North, 21 Newcastle, due out in November.

[Image: OM46505A_3078136_Qty1_cat.jpg]

Half the batch will be with a Newcastle destination, with the other half being Durham.

Will more than likely get these for Christmas/Birthday, as my Birthday is only a few days after.

Speaking of Model Buses, Corgi have some cracking Deals on at the moment on there Website.

http://www.corgi.co.uk/original-omnibus.html
Mentioned a while back about some.old Corgi Routemasters I had from a kid.
Found two of them a traditional red - blinded up 11 Liverpool St and a silver Queens Jubilee livery, blinded up as the 25 to Victoria.

The photos aren't attaching off my phone, due to the size - but will try and add them later on.
They're a bit 'worn', based on their age and the fact they were played with like, but all in one piece still.
I've got a stack from my mis-spent youth that I'm looking to shift on.

I'll have to catalogue and get them on here and see if anyone is interested
Site Administrator
(20 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm)Marcus wrote Doesn't work either! Sad

Try again - it's working for me when I copy and paste the link.

If it doesn't work, just type in 'angel' in the search bar.