Menu

Pages (27)    14 5 627   
Michael   06 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm
Easter services being announced

http://www.simplygo.com/news/easter-bus-services-2014

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   06 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm
3866 is on the 17 today, and has received a interior refurbishment, which is much needed in my opinion as the seats were tatty. It does look a bit odd with the blue seats contrasting the red floor and yellow handrails, but is an improvement to say the least. Not sure if 3867 and 3890/1 will follow it?
Andreos1   06 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm)Michael wrote Easter services being announced

http://www.simplygo.com/news/easter-bus-services-2014

I like how the x66 is running, but x43, x88 and s1 aren't (due to the malls being closed).

If the malls are closed, why is the x66 running?
Pretty certain Ikea and the other warehouses will be opening over that far side - but passengers can't get a bus there...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
R852 PRG   06 Mar 2014, 4:07 pm
I asked Tony, who drives Scholars 887, the scholars bus I travel to and from school on, and he said that as there is always a spare OmniCity in the depot (which doesn't seem to make sense because they should all be out on the 50 now that all 6 have arrived) it gets allocated to do the 265. Today it was 5257.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   06 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I like how the x66 is running, but x43, x88 and s1 aren't (due to the malls being closed).

Pretty certain Ikea and the other warehouses will be running over that far side - but passengers can't get a bus there...

I think it will be because of the connections the service provides where as the S1 connects the Metrocentre to ASDA and Ikea which may not be open and other people can get a bus from Stanley to Metrocentre (not like people would if its closed) and the X88 connects Metrocentre with Washington and Concord but if people were going to change then they have the 56 and X1 which both stop at Gateshead.
Kuyoyo   06 Mar 2014, 4:13 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I like how the x66 is running, but x43, x88 and s1 aren't (due to the malls being closed).

Pretty certain Ikea and the other warehouses will be opening over that far side - but passengers can't get a bus there...

Probably because X66 provides the drivers with transport from Riverside to Gateshead Interchange.
Tom   06 Mar 2014, 4:13 pm

I guess the restaurants will be open, so that might be why the X66 is running?
Dan   06 Mar 2014, 5:05 pm
5160 has finally come out of the paintshop in red, and is on Pulse duties today.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   06 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 7:06 am)Dan wrote 5208 has returned to service at Deptford following branding.

as we speak right now am about to post a photo of it on flickr as we speak there in the process of being uploaded including 5337 which was on 43/44/44A
CatsFast101   06 Mar 2014, 7:27 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 4:07 pm)Marcus wrote I asked Tony, who drives Scholars 887, the scholars bus I travel to and from school on, and he said that as there is always a spare OmniCity in the depot (which doesn't seem to make sense because they should all be out on the 50 now that all 6 have arrived) it gets allocated to do the 265. Today it was 5257.

Well a blue Omnicity was on 265's yesterday and one fairly early when they arrived at Chester. Seems odd that they'd be allocated there, as something else is filling the void on 50's. Wonder why this is occuring?
nk55   06 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 7:27 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well a blue Omnicity was on 265's yesterday and one fairly early when they arrived at Chester. Seems odd that they'd be allocated there, as something else is filling the void on 50's. Wonder why this is occuring?

I believe 5259 has been the blue omni parked at chester with airbag problems, probably now fixed if its been out on the 265.
Adrian   06 Mar 2014, 8:16 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 7:40 pm)nk55 wrote I believe 5259 has been the blue omni parked at chester with airbag problems, probably now fixed if its been out on the 265.

Surprised to hear that 5259 has been back on the road already. It was the one I was on last week that broke down after spilling oil all over the A1.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   06 Mar 2014, 8:29 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin wrote Surprised to hear that 5259 has been back on the road already. It was the one I was on last week that broke down after spilling oil all over the A1.

Well, it was still VOR today
speedwheels22   06 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm
Went on a volvo decker today have to say they are brilliant buses to be on
Diamond One   06 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Went on a volvo decker today have to say they are brilliant buses to be on

Geminis i have been on quality been on them all lovely machines presidents nice even my best mates uncle has driven one and best driver ever at Deptford saying that though Geminis are quality wifi and power sockets on some and there fast presidents i seem to like nice powerhorses been on them loads of times and they sre the best vykings however are solid but only can do on short routes angels suffered while now in northern livery it can go on anything but i do like olympians fast powerful and the best unfortunately they have to go soon due to being high floor and doesnt meet with the DDA but do not rule them out of getting more 2nd hand Volvos to replace them possibly from London i had a convo with a family member last week and i said i can see these coming to the north east in the future
Wellsey18   06 Mar 2014, 10:26 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm)Bazza Houston wrote Geminis i have been on quality been on them all lovely machines presidents nice even my best mates uncle has driven one and best driver ever at Deptford saying that though Geminis are quality wifi and power sockets on some and there fast presidents i seem to like nice powerhorses been on them loads of times and they sre the best vykings however are solid but only can do on short routes angels suffered while now in northern livery it can go on anything but i do like olympians fast powerful and the best unfortunately they have to go soon due to being high floor and doesnt meet with the DDA but do not rule them out of getting more 2nd hand Volvos to replace them possibly from London i had a convo with a family member last week and i said i can see these coming to the north east in the future

Jesus Christ that was like a review of every Volvo bus! Move onto the single decks as well!!!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   06 Mar 2014, 10:39 pm
(06 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm)Bazza Houston wrote Geminis i have been on quality been on them all lovely machines presidents nice even my best mates uncle has driven one and best driver ever at Deptford saying that though Geminis are quality wifi and power sockets on some and there fast presidents i seem to like nice powerhorses been on them loads of times and they sre the best vykings however are solid but only can do on short routes angels suffered while now in northern livery it can go on anything but i do like olympians fast powerful and the best unfortunately they have to go soon due to being high floor and doesnt meet with the DDA but do not rule them out of getting more 2nd hand Volvos to replace them possibly from London i had a convo with a family member last week and i said i can see these coming to the north east in the future

Just bare with me while I catch my Breath Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh, Jesus thought I was going to die reading that Bazza, Where is the Punctuation so I could pause to take a Breath, and yes Bazza I agree the B9's are Quality and well the others are Shite minus the Olys of course.
CatsFast101   06 Mar 2014, 11:02 pm
Right, don't mean to speak out of turn but at the end can we all stop having digs at Bazza every time he posts. I know no one really means to offend him but it becomes tiresome, if nothing else, the constant mocking of the use of punctuation and irrelevant information. We know, we can all see and his posts aren't exactly illegible, I can still understand them; I'm sure everyone else can too.
Like I say the constant posts and commentary aren't needed IMO.
Wellsey18   06 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm
Mine wasn't a dig like but, its only a bit if banter man Tongue
Diamond One   07 Mar 2014, 12:41 am
(06 Mar 2014, 10:39 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just bare with me while I catch my Breath Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh......Huuuuuh, Jesus thought I was going to die reading that Bazza, Where is the Punctuation so I could pause to take a Breath, and yes Bazza I agree the B9's are Quality and well the others are Shite minus the Olys of course.

renowns do rattle alot when we had them on 27 they rattled one point i was waiting to go to Newcastle College on 27 just before i got my cat 2 27 turned up at once i had a choice between a citaro or a renown i choosed the citaro plain unbranded in silver and it was a fast vehicle nice ride to Newcastle it was 5315 a week later they were all branded
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   07 Mar 2014, 6:46 am
Getting back onto something of greater interest to most...

5161 has now arrived at Saltmeadows for its red repaint.
CatsFast101   07 Mar 2014, 7:22 am
(07 Mar 2014, 6:46 am)Dan wrote Getting back onto something of greater interest to most...

5161 has now arrived at Saltmeadows for its red repaint.

All the pulse vehicles been painted red? Are we expecting new vehicles on there before the year is out, seems a bit premature for branded routes.
Michael   07 Mar 2014, 7:29 am
(07 Mar 2014, 7:22 am)CatsFast101 wrote All the pulse vehicles been painted red? Are we expecting new vehicles on there before the year is out, seems a bit premature for branded routes.

All the duel door B10's are getting painted red, don't quote me on that though, think it was Dan who said something along the lines of them being ready for sale when withdrawn.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   07 Mar 2014, 8:17 am
(07 Mar 2014, 7:22 am)CatsFast101 wrote All the pulse vehicles been painted red? Are we expecting new vehicles on there before the year is out, seems a bit premature for branded routes.

All "Centurion" and "Pulse" branded vehicles are to be repainted red, as well as yellow spares 5164 and 5166.

I previously referred to secondary routes and the branding on those services. These services can only justify the cost of very basic brand designs as they are, in terms of age, allocated the worst vehicles in the fleet - this means that vehicle types will frequently change. These basic brand designs reduce the quality of branding across the entire network. Is it not better to have these services in the corporate livery instead?
I have previously made reference to the "Centurion" brand essentially being a cost-cutting exercise, a mere cover up technique to hide the previous vinyl markings which were left behind. The cost of doing so was cheaper than repainting the vehicles red - the choice at the time.

In addition, branding in some cases simply does not work. Vehicles appear off-route frequently and brand identity is lost in the process.

Finally, these vehicles are certainly in-line to be withdrawn at the end of the year, if not next year. Repainting the vehicles red will remove exterior vinyl marks left behind and few will exist with the corporate livery as it is rather basic. This is better in terms of sale value, as Ensignbus are more likely to be able to sell the vehicles to independent operators (fairly fresh red base coat, no vinyl marks left behind, etc). An interior clean will go a long way too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   07 Mar 2014, 9:55 am
Sadly the wi-fi doesn't appear to be working on 6048 this morning...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Adrian   07 Mar 2014, 10:34 am
(07 Mar 2014, 9:55 am)tyresmoke wrote Sadly the wi-fi doesn't appear to be working on 6048 this morning...

Nor 3943, which I didn't even think had WiFi? Confused

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Acky81   07 Mar 2014, 11:19 am
4845 isn't at Stanley it's on 35a at depford
tyresmoke   07 Mar 2014, 11:27 am
Just passed 632 being towed by 1001 back to Riverside...
5337 is on the 44 heading into Newcastle now, 1145 departure? from Eldon Sq if anyone wants a photo

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Chris   07 Mar 2014, 12:28 pm
I like how the x66 is running, but x43, x88 and s1 aren't (due to the malls being closed).

The S1 is a contract, so I'd guess it's not written in the contract to run. You pays for what you get.
Dan   07 Mar 2014, 1:12 pm
(07 Mar 2014, 11:19 am)Acky81 wrote 4845 isn't at Stanley it's on 35a at depford

Do you really think I'd note it if it didn't happen?
Pages (27)    14 5 627