Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538
PYGALLS COACHES | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: PYGALLS COACHES
(08 Jan 2014, 4:14 pm)cbma06 wrote Does anybody know if the X27 last Saturday was operated by Pygalls yellow double decker, just that I picked my daughter up from St Bedes school in Peterlee and generally see a host of scholars buses operated by Pygalls, Snowdons etc..., and Pygalls had the yellow decker on the scholars and the display still says X27 on the front and side displays.

I don't think so, I'm sure it was just the usual allocation.
They could have been messing around with the destinations - making sure it was programmed etc. If I recall correctly, the Olympian ran around with 'PYGALLS' on the screen with a piece of paper showing '230 Hartlepool' when it was allocated to the 230.
(08 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm)Dan wrote I don't think so, I'm sure it was just the usual allocation.
They could have been messing around with the destinations - making sure it was programmed etc. If I recall correctly, the Olympian ran around with 'PYGALLS' on the screen with a piece of paper showing '230 Hartlepool' when it was allocated to the 230.

Thanks for the information Dan, thought their wouldn't of had a double decker on the X27 Saturday gone, it was a roller number blind showing X27 front and side, usually their use the single decker on the scholars showing the 230 destination. Pygalls normal have the service bus that does the 230 which comes off and does scholars at st bedes school then back on the 230 route again.

(08 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm)Dan wrote I don't think so, I'm sure it was just the usual allocation.

The Volvo Olympian has gone now Dan (with Stephensons of Easingwold), they have that yellow Citybus now G627BPH which has roller blinds.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

On VOSA today:

PB1098320/3 - KEITH JAMES PYGALL T/A PYGALL'S COACHES, SHUTE COTTAGE, SPENCERS BUILDINGS, HUTTON HENRY, HARTLEPOOL, TS27 4RT

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between THORNLEY, CO DURHAM and METROCENTRE given service number X27 effective from 29-Mar-2014.

PB1098320/4 - KEITH JAMES PYGALL T/A PYGALL'S COACHES, SHUTE COTTAGE, SPENCERS BUILDINGS, HUTTON HENRY, HARTLEPOOL, TS27 4RT

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between HARTLEPOOL MARINA and SEAHAM, SPECTRUM BUSINESS PARK given service number 230 effective from 28-Mar-2014.
Site Administrator
(03 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm)Jimmi wrote On VOSA today:

PB1098320/3 - KEITH JAMES PYGALL T/A PYGALL'S COACHES, SHUTE COTTAGE, SPENCERS BUILDINGS, HUTTON HENRY, HARTLEPOOL, TS27 4RT

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between THORNLEY, CO DURHAM and METROCENTRE given service number X27 effective from 29-Mar-2014.

PB1098320/4 - KEITH JAMES PYGALL T/A PYGALL'S COACHES, SHUTE COTTAGE, SPENCERS BUILDINGS, HUTTON HENRY, HARTLEPOOL, TS27 4RT

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between HARTLEPOOL MARINA and SEAHAM, SPECTRUM BUSINESS PARK given service number 230 effective from 28-Mar-2014.

Oh dear... Has anyone got any further details?
Would hate to see Pygall's dropping out completely.

Oh no! That's a real shame.
CatsFast101
Unregistered

If this is the end, I can see why the 230 never has anyone on it! Shame though, however how many people know about it can safely say that no one I know knows it exists and they all live on route.
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 10:33 am)Scott wrote Try lowering the exposure with night shots, can reduce blurryness.

Night shots are a lot easier to achieve on a DSLR camera (which I have now). I'm unsure if I even had such manual settings on the camera i had at the time I posted!
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm)Scott wrote Also, I saw an enthusiast taking photos at Metro Centre Interchange last wednesday, with what looked like as DSLR camera. Wasn't you was it?

Doubt it!
Traffic Commissioner article in today's Route One. Saying about the Pygall tacho offences, and operating from a site that wasn't their authorised operating centre. No action taken though in the end, and they got their license increase.
Re: RE: PYGALLS COACHES
(19 Feb 2014, 10:32 pm)mattdw92 wrote Traffic Commissioner article in today's Route One. Saying about the Pygall tacho offences, and operating from a site that wasn't their authorised operating centre. No action taken though in the end, and they got their license increase.

A dangerous precedent to set really..
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(19 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm)aureolin wrote A dangerous precedent to set really..

Can't say I am surprised to see LP Travel involved either. I noticed a lot of their fleet on ebay recently so the company being wound up makes sense.

(08 Mar 2014, 5:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Pygalls had what I believe was a Plaxton Excabibur in a Red/Silver Livery on the X27 Today, Attempted to Photograph it, but it came out Blurry.

It was indeed, Volvo B10M K7PYG, former DAZ5509.

(08 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm)tyresmoke wrote It was indeed, Volvo B10M K7PYG, former DAZ5509.

I thought it was, Haven't seen one of them for Years so I wasn't to sure, Did you get a Photo Tyresmoke
(08 Mar 2014, 6:35 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I thought it was, Haven't seen one of them for Years so I wasn't to sure, Did you get a Photo Tyresmoke

Nah I didn't, I've been to the football, but I saw a photo posted elsewhere. This coach was with Pygalls then seemingly got sold to David Dove and then has gone back to Pygalls again.

Site Administrator
(08 Mar 2014, 7:12 pm)tyresmoke wrote Nah I didn't, I've been to the football, but I saw a photo posted elsewhere. This coach was with Pygalls then seemingly got sold to David Dove and then has gone back to Pygalls again.

Photograph below shared on The Northern Road Transport Trust Facebook group by Michael Mccalla:
[Image: 1924704_408826269260823_195116106_n.jpg]
Site Administrator
The Tempo is taking the final X27 today. Driver didn't have a clue what my Nexus CAT ticket was but didn't argue with me!
Healthy load - 13 passengers will alight at Metrocentre, and about 5 got off at the Galleries.

Impressed with the Tempo - screen/speakers for Next Stop Announcements (although they haven't been set up), CCTV, a working ticket machine (looks like a Wayfarer to me?), passenger notices and advertising on windows etc. Very good for an independent. The quality of the ride is pretty good too.
(29 Mar 2014, 10:39 am)Dan wrote The Tempo is taking the final X27 today. Driver didn't have a clue what my Nexus CAT ticket was but didn't argue with me!
Healthy load - 13 passengers will alight at Metrocentre, and about 5 got off at the Galleries.

Impressed with the Tempo - screen/speakers for Next Stop Announcements (although they haven't been set up), CCTV, a working ticket machine (looks like a Wayfarer to me?), passenger notices and advertising on windows etc. Very good for an independent. The quality of the ride is pretty good too.

Do you think Pygalls will start any more services?
Site Administrator
(29 Mar 2014, 5:54 pm)Tom wrote Do you think Pygalls will start any more services?

I really can't see why the X27 was withdrawn, unless it was linked to the incident a few weeks back with the TC.
It must have been breaking even at the very least...
Site Administrator
We will be making our first ever visit to Pygalls Coaches of Peterlee and during
this visit we will be enjoying rides aboard no less than 3 different double deckers along with a visit to the companies premises.

The Pygalls fleet currently contains the following vehicles:

BIG8788 Volvo B12T / Van Hool Astromega (M101ECV)
TBK196K Leyland Atlantean / Seddon
F114TML Volvo Citybus / Alexander RV
G627BPH Volvo Citybus / Northern Counties
J961TBW Leyland Olympian / Alexander RH (FC736)
K1PYG Volvo B12M / Van Hool Alizee T9 (WA03EYD)
K5PYG Neoplan N516SHD / Neoplan Starliner (NU03BUZ)
K6PYG Neoplan N516SHD / Neoplan Starliner (KB03BUZ)
K7PYG Volvo B10M / Plaxton Excalibur (DAZ5505)
M181XHW Dennis Javelin / Wadham Stringer (CX-59-AA)
N564CHE Dennis Javelin / Plaxton Premier 350
N755OYR Dennis Dart / East Lancs 2000
P167ANR Dennis Javelin / Caetano Algarve
P168ANR Dennis Javelin / Caetano Algarve

If you would like to take part in this tour we will be making a pick up at 11:00am
from Durham railway station.

For everyone who wishes to take part in this tour there will be a charge of £10 per
person which will help cover the costs of vehicles hired on the day etc.

All vehicles advertised are subject to availability on the day.

This visit has been planned so you can make a weekend of the North East as the
NEBPT are holding their Durham Vintage Bus Gathering the following day.

PLEASE NOTE
Parking is not available at the depot however there are a number of
park & ride sites close to Durham railway station.

Please do not contact the operator as this tour has been organised privately
and they will not be able to assist you.

If you require any further details please email us on ukbustours@yahoo.com

Source: http://ukbustours.blogspot.co.uk/p/satur...-2014.html
Added to our calendar.
New addition for Pygalls is Leyland Olympian K885CSF from Stephensons of Essex, seen this morning on a school run in Wingate which G627BPH used to operate so I reckon this has replaced that. Saw F114TML in Peterlee this morning so thats still with them.
.jpg pygalls_k885csf.jpg

Site Administrator
Re: RE: PYGALLS COACHES
(25 Jul 2014, 10:25 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Does anyone know where Pygalls are now based. As they've seemed to moved out of the old Jayline depot on Seaview Industrial Estate.
No good with road names... Is Seaview the one in Sunderland?