You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(20 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm)Richard Smiles wrote No just every 4 weeks Michael.

Ye u did send them sorry!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Are stagecoach on Teesside getting the sane enviro e300 like before or are sane enviro e300 like south shields and when are stagecoach on Teesside getting new buses due or don't you know yet
(20 Mar 2014, 2:38 pm)Richard Smiles wrote No problem Glen. As I say I am NOT being awkward, just respecting Stagecoach's request. They will have probably done this so that they can publicise the New Buses nearer the time & most likely hold an Open Day to launch them, a bit like what they did with the GAS Buses at Sunderland.

Stagecoach On Teesside (or Cleveland Transit as was), will have been in business for forty years on 1 April 1974. They may well therefore have some events in the planning for later this year to celebrate this.
In addition Cleveland Transit will have been in Stagecoach ownership
for 20 Years on 14 November 2014, as they were bought by Stagecoach on 14 November 1994.

What year did Stagecoach take over Sunderland Busways?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Interestingly the same year Michael, I do believe it was July? 1994

Cheer's, ill have a look around on the the internet.

Richard, any idea if the minor problem's have being sorted on the gas fueling station?, also when are they planning to extend it for the additional 23 arriving in May?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Not heard anymore about the refuelling Station, but given several buses have started to transfer through to Stockton, I am guessing it has been.

Going back to the previous question, I can confirm Stagecoach purchased Busways in July 1994. I have checked in my 2010 edition of the Stagecoach Book.

Thanks for the information, =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Mar 2014, 5:37 pm)Dan wrote Stockton ALX300 22463 currently at the back of the Wheatsheaf.

As is 22453 and 22464. Also still there is: 22727,22728,22736
Closure of Borough Road affecting services 5, 5A, 18 and 19. Service Update
The work currently under way at Borough Road/Velliers Street will remain in place on Friday 21st March and could be ongoing on 22nd and 23rd.

Last Updated : 20 March 2014 16:9

The current closure of Borough Road/Velliers Road will remain in place all day on Friday 21 March and may continue into the weekend. This in the interests of safety due to a damaged water main. Further details will be annouced as we become aware of them.

We will endeavour to operate services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, but services 5, 5A, 18 and 19 may be subject to slight delays.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these temporary works may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding whilst these long-term improvements are made to the local highways network.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Are the ex stagecoach in Sunderland mans have the come to replace old mans from stagecoach on Teesside and are the man from stagecoach in Sunderland on loan to Stockton.
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(20 Mar 2014, 2:18 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Stagecoach On Teesside are getting New Vehicles Glen & I do know
when they are coming, however an Embargo has been placed on releasing this information, so I am unable to say anymore Sorry!, I am NOT being awkward, just respecting Stagecoach's request. All I will say is there are several months to wait yet & the vehicles will NOT be in the 24xxx series.

They will be in the 27XXX series
Well I've just got on the 13 and this mornings choice is 22733, so that one is now at Stockton!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(21 Mar 2014, 9:54 am)tyresmoke wrote Well I've just got on the 13 and this mornings choice is 22733, so that one is now at Stockton!
Any pics
(21 Mar 2014, 10:02 am)Richard Smiles wrote This supports my suspicions that 22453, 22463 & 22464 ? have returned to Sunderland in exchange for 227xx possibly 730, 733 & 734 which as I seem to recall was the original intention.

Ironically however, having looked at the DVLA Website last night, the Tax or MOT for this batch 22727 - 22736 expires on the 1 May 2014, whilst 22453/463/464 are taxed till around February/March 2015.
The one exception being 22732 which has a SORN notice attached to it.
This vehicle is certainly NOT taxed & supposedly at Stockton Awaiting Disposal.
So why was 22732 sent to Stockton from Sunderland if it's to be disposed of?? Might aswell just stayed in sunderland
(21 Mar 2014, 10:08 am)Acky81 wrote So why was 22732 sent to Stockton from Sunderland if it's to be disposed of?? Might aswell just stayed in sunderland

Sunderland have taken 17 gas buses so I doubt whether they have the space to store 17 vehicles for disposal so some will end up at other depots. I'm still unsure what's come off at Stockton though as I've not noticed any others missing! 22731 is on the 59s today, that one entered service on Tuesday though

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(21 Mar 2014, 9:20 am)Richard Smiles wrote Why not tell us all the exact Fleet Numbers & Delivery Dates as well Mr Nutt. I am sure my friends in the Stagecoach North East Marketing & Commercial Departments would really appreciate that.

You may have been asked to stay quiet but I haven't, jeez they are just buses
22464 is now back in service in Sunderland it's on the 13s today.
Site Administrator
(21 Mar 2014, 5:53 pm)Roland Pratt wrote From where?

South Shields, for engine work.
(21 Mar 2014, 9:20 am)Richard Smiles wrote Why not tell us all the exact Fleet Numbers & Delivery Dates as well Mr Nutt. I am sure my friends in the Stagecoach North East Marketing & Commercial Departments would really appreciate that.

I would think Stagecoach have more to worry about than a bus forum knowing that some new buses will be numbered in a particular series! An educated guess would come to that conclusion anyway!
(21 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote 22463 is also back at Sunderland, just seen it on the 12s

22463/4 have both also had their 'on Teeside' stickers removed and replaced with 'in Sunderland' so looks like they will be stopping in Sunderland for abit longer yet.
Site Administrator
(21 Mar 2014, 6:56 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote 22463/4 have both also had their 'on Teeside' stickers removed and replaced with 'in Sunderland' so looks like they will be stopping in Sunderland for abit longer yet.

The vehicle movements between depots are fluid and you'll find some of the vehicles which have recently transferred will be resurrected at their previous home depot.
It is for this reason why I'm not going to update the site's fleet lists with these movements just yet - any that have happened will be noted in next period's official fleet allocation update, when the correct movements/transfers are expected to be in place.
This makes my life a hell of a lot easier!

There's also the fact you can see order's of vehicles from the company. No one knows the fleet numbers until they are near or go through the doors of the depot.

Agreeing with Roland Pratts post, I think they have better things on their mind than enthusiasts on a forum wanting the latest gen.