Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

RE: Go North East
(13 Apr 2013, 9:47 am)Rob wrote This is total nonsense, there will always be a compromise with each new vehicle purchased, you can never get it exactly to the specification and needs unless you create your own vehicle.

Optare
A number of problems occurred with both batches of Optare Versa vehicles delivered; Optare did however provide aftercare to resolve the electrical issues, this being the main problem. There was originally a problem with the vehicles climbing accents, namely amongst the batch bought for Saltwell Park and Drifter services. This is another issue Optare resolved for us in-house. The Quaylink batch purchased had minimal problems, with Optare ensuring that the buses had been tested prior them being delivered to us. As a result, there were minimal problems with this batch. A batch of the newer model were subsequently purchased for Orbit and Simplicity routes, a number of problems occurred, which lead to Optare being brought in to fix the problems again. When you purchase a new car, you don’t expect there to be so many problems which need to be fixed. It is obvious that Optare had not been quality testing each vehicle to ensure it meet the demands and constraints required for day to day operation. It would never be suggested that Optare vehicles will never be purchased again. In fact, a batch of Optare Solo SR has been purchased, which have been a great success. Any company want to purchase a repeat order would want to ensure that the product they are purchasing is up to the job, hence the use of the new Optare Versa demonstrator at Stanley for such a long period. The vehicle is being put through its paces to ensure that it meets demand, not just over a month, but over the longer timeframe it will be operational within the fleet.

MAN
How can a company be expected to purchase these vehicles, when the facilities aren’t available at the moment?

Scania
The Scania vehicles in the fleet at present are essentially the ‘workhorses’ of the fleet, the Scania L94UB vehicles are excellent, some of them are coming to the end of their lives and they are still more reliable than some of the more modern stock. It is known that a vehicle will not last forever; some of those vehicles are now over 12 years old. It is normally only expected that a bus will last 15 in service before being moved to less demanding work or being replaced altogether. These buses are starting to show signs of their age, but isn’t that to be expected? I won’t lie; I wouldn’t expect some of them to be on frontline services in 2 year time.
As for the Omnicity, what is wrong with them? I know they have problems with rattles, but they are generally good, solid, reliable buses. Without the poor internal fittings, they would be brilliant buses.

Mercedes
From a passenger experience, theses buses are fabulous, comfortable, efficient, clean and modern. The seating layout is of social nature, and you only lose one seat. There is no problem with these vehicles at all, that is why there is so many in the fleet.

(12 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote I don't think capacity is the issue on 58s, I think GNE just saw an opportunity for a cheap "upgrade" which seems to have spectacularly backfired.

Capacity is an issue, the rigid stock could not meet demands at peak times. The 58 is one of the those services which has a regular flow of passengers throughout the day, it doesn't have a particularly empty period. Yes, the busiest section is only between Newcastle and Heworth, but demand rockets at peak time, as such higher seating capacity is a requirement for this service.

Im not sute what is nonsense.

I mentioned the problems with Versas - you added to it.

i mentioned nothing had came from the MAN demo - you added to it.

I mentioned the Scanias, specifically the problems with the Omnicities in the snow when parts werent supplied. You added to it.

On a seperate note, a Scania Laser was being towed away at Herrington earlier.
chris white
Unregistered
(13 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote On a seperate note, a Scania Laser was being towed away at Herrington earlier.

This was 4946. I passed it on the next 35A while it was conked out.

Chris
136 nexus solo Sr broken down near the BP petrol station at castletown on the A1231.it was empty when i passed about 10 mins ago.

Worse place to breakdown
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Apr 2013, 9:47 am)Rob wrote
(12 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote I don't think capacity is the issue on 58s, I think GNE just saw an opportunity for a cheap "upgrade" which seems to have spectacularly backfired.

Capacity is an issue, the rigid stock could not meet demands at peak times. The 58 is one of the those services which has a regular flow of passengers throughout the day, it doesn't have a particularly empty period. Yes, the busiest section is only between Newcastle and Heworth, but demand rockets at peak time, as such higher seating capacity is a requirement for this service.

I agree, capacity is an issue on the Citylink 58. When I'm based in town I use the citylink morning and night - some mornings the artics are absolutely jam packed, with not even standing room available. The aisle is full from the very back all the way to the driver, the bendy bit has a crowd in and the centre and rear exit ways are fit to burst open.
Arriving at the city centre stops all 3 sets of doors open and passengers pour out - any other/new vehicle double deck or single (presumably would be single doored) would just be annoying and claustrophobic lol.
If you remember when they first arrived from London, GNE's thinking was to convert the ones allocated to CentreLink x66 services to 2-door - understandable as with it being non-stop a few extra seats were more important than boarding/alighting times - And those allocated to CityLink 58 where left as 3 doors due to being on a heavily used/stopping commuter service - plus if I remember correctly it was approaching the busy christmas shopping period when they enterd service which brings an increase in customers too.

On the Newcastle side of the service which I use along the coast road other services, especially the cobalt clipper, often run past full so it’s always a relief to see a bendy bus arriving as there’s a better chance of getting on and being able to head to work lol.
Sure it’s disappointing some of the merc artics haven't been very reliable, and one of the 58 reg examples screams horribly when turning, but I seriously would see replacing these with anything other than new 3 doored bendies would be a downgrade.

Just my opinion anyway Wink

P.S if the X40 service gets bendies us Citylinkers are more than entitled to have them too! Exclamation Wink
(13 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm)ne14ne1 wrote

I agree, capacity is an issue on the Citylink 58. When I'm based in town I use the citylink morning and night - some mornings the artics are absolutely jam packed, with not even standing room available. The aisle is full from the very back all the way to the driver, the bendy bit has a crowd in and the centre and rear exit ways are fit to burst open.
Arriving at the city centre stops all 3 sets of doors open and passengers pour out - any other/new vehicle double deck or single (presumably would be single doored) would just be annoying and claustrophobic lol.
If you remember when they first arrived from London, GNE's thinking was to convert the ones allocated to CentreLink x66 services to 2-door - understandable as with it being non-stop a few extra seats were more important than boarding/alighting times - And those allocated to CityLink 58 where left as 3 doors due to being on a heavily used/stopping commuter service - plus if I remember correctly it was approaching the busy christmas shopping period when they enterd service which brings an increase in customers too.

On the Newcastle side of the service which I use along the coast road other services, especially the cobalt clipper, often run past full so it’s always a relief to see a bendy bus arriving as there’s a better chance of getting on and being able to head to work lol.
Sure it’s disappointing some of the merc artics haven't been very reliable, and one of the 58 reg examples screams horribly when turning, but I seriously would see replacing these with anything other than new 3 doored bendies would be a downgrade.

P.S if the X40 service gets bendies us Citylinkers are more than entitled to have them too! Exclamation Wink

If the 58 does end up getting new buses, obvious choices are either Double Deckers or that Wright Streetcar which First have as the newer Citaro Artic I don't think is available in the UK.
chris white
Unregistered
(13 Apr 2013, 9:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote If the 58 does end up getting new buses, obvious choices are either Double Deckers or that Wright Streetcar which First have as the newer Citaro Artic I don't think is available in the UK.

Double deckers would be most likely. Streetcars - not a hope.

Chris
(13 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm)ne14ne1 wrote

I happily stand corrected on the loadings on 58s then - admittedly I live in Teesside so don't see 58s at their peaks when I visit! If its like that then I'm not even sure deckers would cope properly due to the lack of standing space, it would still need a frequency increase!
(13 Apr 2013, 10:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote I happily stand corrected on the loadings on 58s then - admittedly I live in Teesside so don't see 58s at their peaks when I visit! If its like that then I'm not even sure deckers would cope properly due to the lack of standing space, it would still need a frequency increase!

Yeah it was annoying when they changed it to every 20 minutes on the Newcastle side of the route. I wish it'd go back to 10 across the entire length of the route - then again theres a lack of bendies as it is lol
58/309/310 Suggestion
What do you all think of this to replace the 58/309 and 310?

METRO CENTRE DEPOT: SERVICE 58 TO WHITLEY BAY (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: HEWORTH - LEAM LANE ESTATE - SPLIT CROW ROAD - GATESHEAD METRO - PILGRIM STREET - BLACKETT STREET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - WILLINGTON SQUARE - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - NEW YORK ROAD - NEW YORK P.O - RAKE LANE - HILLHEADS -WHITLEY BAY TOWN CENTRE

METRO CENTRE DEPOT (PERCY MAIN WILL RECOVER): SERVICE 58 TO BLYTH (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES AND SUNDAY DAYTIME EVERY 30 MINUTES) SERVING: HEWORTH - LEAM LANE ESTATE - SPLIT CROW ROAD - GATESHEAD METRO - PILGRIM STREET - BLACKETT STREET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - WILLINGTON SQUARE - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - NEW YORK ROAD - NEW YORK P.O - RAKE LANE - HILLHEADS -WHITLEY BAY TOWN CENTRE - WHITLEY BAY CEMETERY - SEATON SLUICE - BLYTH TOWN CENTRE

METRO CENTRE DEPOT: SERVICE 58A TO HADRIAN PARK (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - HADRIAN PARK

PERCY MAIN DEPOT: SERVICE 58B TO NORTH SHIELDS (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - POLICE STATION - COBALT SOUTH - MIDDLE ENGINE LANE - NORHAM ROAD - VERNE ROAD - QUADRANT - MEADOWELL - NORTH SHIELDS

PERCY MAIN DEPOT: SERVICE 58B TO NORTH SHIELDS (EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES AND SUNDAY DAYTIME EVERY 30 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - HADRIAN PARK - POLICE STATION - COBALT SOUTH - MIDDLE ENGINE LANE - NORHAM ROAD - VERNE ROAD - QUADRANT - MEADOWELL - NORTH SHIELDS
Does anyone know when the passenger consultion result's will be out for the 9,26,36,99 and X3?

I don't know the 58 route well so i can't comment.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(14 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm)dave2906 wrote What do you all think of this to replace the 58/309 and 310?

METRO CENTRE DEPOT: SERVICE 58 TO WHITLEY BAY (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: HEWORTH - LEAM LANE ESTATE - SPLIT CROW ROAD - GATESHEAD METRO - PILGRIM STREET - BLACKETT STREET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - WILLINGTON SQUARE - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - NEW YORK ROAD - NEW YORK P.O - RAKE LANE - HILLHEADS -WHITLEY BAY TOWN CENTRE

METRO CENTRE DEPOT (PERCY MAIN WILL RECOVER): SERVICE 58 TO BLYTH (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES AND SUNDAY DAYTIME EVERY 30 MINUTES) SERVING: HEWORTH - LEAM LANE ESTATE - SPLIT CROW ROAD - GATESHEAD METRO - PILGRIM STREET - BLACKETT STREET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - WILLINGTON SQUARE - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - NEW YORK ROAD - NEW YORK P.O - RAKE LANE - HILLHEADS -WHITLEY BAY TOWN CENTRE - WHITLEY BAY CEMETERY - SEATON SLUICE - BLYTH TOWN CENTRE

METRO CENTRE DEPOT: SERVICE 58A TO HADRIAN PARK (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES / EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - HADRIAN PARK

PERCY MAIN DEPOT: SERVICE 58B TO NORTH SHIELDS (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 20 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - POLICE STATION - COBALT SOUTH - MIDDLE ENGINE LANE - NORHAM ROAD - VERNE ROAD - QUADRANT - MEADOWELL - NORTH SHIELDS

PERCY MAIN DEPOT: SERVICE 58B TO NORTH SHIELDS (EVENINGS EVERY 60 MINUTES AND SUNDAY DAYTIME EVERY 30 MINUTES) SERVING: HAYMARKET - ST MARY'S PLACE - CRADLEWELL - CORNER HOUSE -CHILLINGHAM ROAD - BENFIELD ROAD - COAST ROAD / STATION ROAD - STATION ROAD NORTH - MULLEN ROAD - BATTLE HILL DRIVE - HADRIAN PARK - POLICE STATION - COBALT SOUTH - MIDDLE ENGINE LANE - NORHAM ROAD - VERNE ROAD - QUADRANT - MEADOWELL - NORTH SHIELDS

I don't like that idea I'm afraid. Aside from using letters on the end of route numbers (which is a pet hate), I don't think it'll work for the longer routes, as there are too many potential traffic black spots; In/Out of Gateshead, City Centre, Coast Road, Silverlink/Cobalt, and even Whitley Bay. It'd probably mean having to throw an extra bus or two in at peak times which would knock their profit margin for the route down.

I don't think there's much point creating the shorter routes, as they're already covered by existing services. I know your proposal was to scrap them, but I don't think you'd achieve much by doing so.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Go North East: Buses By Brand collection
Here's something we haven't had in a while! A report on the Go North East: "Buses By Brand" collection.

As reported above, the "Cobalt Connect" and "Great Park & Ride" brands were released this week, and as such, two further sets have been created and added to the collection.
Percy Main based 8239 and 8241 have both acquired "Northern" branding as reported above, and have thereby been added to the "Northern" set.

See below for all new arrivals/replacements:

"Northern":

"Fab Fifty Six":
- 4935 [R]
- 5208 [R]
- 5210 [R]

"Crusader":

"Citylink":

"The Orbit":
- 8332 [R]

"Fab Fifty Seven":
- 5168 [R]

"The Loop":
- 5222 [R]

"Nexus"
- 626 [R]
- 632 [R]

"MetroLINK"

"Washington Street Shuttle"

"Yellow Bus"

"The Highwayman"

"Laser"

"Soccerbus"

"South Tyne"

"East Durham"

"Wear Tees Xpress"
- 4906 [R]

"Cobalt Connect

"Great Park & Ride"

"Tynedale Links"
- 561 [R]

"Whey Aye Five 0"
Site Administrator
Go North East - Part 9
(12 Apr 2013, 8:39 pm)Daniel wrote Two rumoured (although unconfirmed) demonstrator vehicles - soon to hit the streets..!

- One for Stanley, in addition to the current Versa in the fleet. No service confirmed for this rumour, as of yet. If I remember from the conversation last night, it's a Streetlite.
- Another for Gateshead, to be used on service 58. Vehicle type unconfirmed.

Gateshead's demonstrator is said to be a Streetlite too.
Unless the demonstrator is going to transfer to Stanley after use at Gateshead on service 58, I think the Stanley demo might have just been a misunderstanding!
If it really is a Streetlite I just don't get why they'd think about testing it out on a service normally operated by high capacity articulated vehicles. Undecided
(14 Apr 2013, 9:29 pm)ne14ne1 wrote If it really is a Streetlite I just don't get why they'd think about testing it out on a service normally operated by high capacity articulated vehicles. Undecided

It's an 11.5m Streetlite, with a capacity of 70 (2 more than rigid mercs.)
Site Administrator
Drifter Cadet 8272 on 60 again...
In other news, a Northern Cadet is making its debut run on the short X35 - correct allocation for the 38 (woo!)
Changes post on GNE site for

15/15A, 43/44 and X21 from 28 April 2013

To assist with reliability of your service, a small number of journeys will be retimed by up to five minutes from 28th April 2013.

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...-28-04-13/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
On the new 15/15A timetable, its Northen with a picture of a double decker.

Do they normally use deckers on the 15/15A.

Fleet news:

Dennis MPD 512: X512 WRG has been returned to service at Consett and 513: X513 WRG has been transferred from Consett to Hexham.

DAF SB220GS 4894: S894 ONL has been withdrawn from service at Chester le Street.

Ex-London Volvo Olympians 3910: R553 LGH and 3915: R355 LGH have been sold to Thurbin t/a 1st Bus Stop Minibus, Gravesend.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Bit chaotic on the Waggonway this arvo

There was a red Northern MPD on today and it broke down in Eldon Square.

We got shuffled onto an actual Waggonway branded which then expired near the Gate.

I didn't catch the fleet numbers was incredibly irritated. Another email and more apologies expected.

Giving up my corporate bus pass and returning to the car from tomorrow. Too unreliable!
Changes starting to appear on VOSA for the 2nd June, services so far are: (time posted was 9:10am.. more may of being added, please add more if added) im adding on as they are put on VOSA.

PB0002400/291 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle New Bridge Street given service number 56 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Durham University Hospital Of North Durham given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/304 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Concord bus Station and Columbria Barmston Court given service number W5 W6 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/341 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE and SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE given service number 61 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/380 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Easington Lane, High Street and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X1 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/383 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Washington, Galleries Bus Station given service number 2A/2C effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/406 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, City Centre and Silksworth, Church View given service number 42 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/419 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Houton Le Spring the Broadway and Heworth Metro given service number M1 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/420 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birtley Town Centre and Heworth metro given service number M2/M3/M2A effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/422 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between peterlee Bus Station and Rainton Bridge NPower given service number 923 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/434 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 922 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0002400/435 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station and Rainton Bridge, Npower given service number 921 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

PB0002400/436 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Hetton , Grasmere Terrace or Low Moorsley front street and South Shields Market given service number 35 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/442 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number X3 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/443 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park lane Interchange and Seaburn Morrisons given service number 99 / 36 effective from 02-Jun-2013.

PB0002400/444 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Shields Market and Hebburn Lukes Lane Estate given service number 88 / 88A effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/445 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland park Lane Interchange and Jarrow Bus Station or Heworth Metro given service number 26 / 26A effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0002400/492 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: SEABURN WHITBURN ROAD
Finish Point: SILKSWORTH CHURCH VIEW
Via:
Service Number: 99
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 02-JUN-2013
Other Details: Monday to Saturday ( except Public Holidays )

PB0003954/505 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between North Shields Rudyard Street and Sunderland Park Lane interchange given service number 9 effective from 02-Jun-2013. To amend Timetable.

Wont be long till GNE post changes on thier site..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Some of the previous problems noted regarding the website have been rectified too - though the "Euro" images remain the same on brands that have been upgraded.
'Cobalt Connect is a fast and frequent bus service running up to every 15 mins Monday to Friday daytimes, serving Cobalt Business Park, Silverlink Shopping Park, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate and Royal Quays.'

It seems either Go North East have given away a future frequency increase plan for the 19 or made a mistake, given it's only every 30 minutes at this current time.
(16 Apr 2013, 6:14 am)nk55 wrote must be nice to have the option between a corporate bus pass and the car!!.

Works car park is a building site so we all got bus passes.

Another Waggonway was expired at the 3 Tuns in Birtley this afternoon as I passed. Van alongside it