You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(31 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm)Richard Smiles wrote As you mentioned a few days back, they are only buses, I was having to follow strict instructions as regards to the New Stuff for Teesside, but the Press release today takes us a step closer to what is coming.
I do also now know the proposed Fleet No. s for the New Teesside vehicles, but again have been told to keep quiet.

Basically so no one gets in bother, not that it is a National Security Issue of course.

Just a subtle hint though, the full block of E300 Fleet Numbers for the 2014/2015 orders run from 27101 - 27186.

Oh damn, I was wishing for a few E400's in Teesside but any new buses will do!
Stagecoach have announced that the Shields shuttle will return.

Introducing the South Shields Shuttle from Monday 7 April 2014

With the support of South Tyneside Council, we’re delighted to be running a special open-top bus service during Summer/ Autumn 2014 !

Last Updated: 01 April 2014 12:25 PM

This special service will run every 20 minutes during the daytime, providing a regular and direct shuttle between the Shops and the Seafront, and compliments the existing Service E1.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/...huttle.pdf - its timetable.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/...-E2-E6.pdf - E1 timetable.

Edit: Timetable are not working atm for some reason
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It see on over stagecoach north east site 28 new buses and no 28018 -40 are on order out 51 order I think.
(01 Apr 2014, 6:12 pm)glen wrote It see on over stagecoach north east site 28 new buses and no 28018 -40 are on order out 51 order I think.

28018-40 are the 23 for Sunderland - then there's the 28 on top of those including the 2 E200s for South Shields, the mystery vehicle and the 25 for Stockton.
Site Administrator
(01 Apr 2014, 11:16 pm)glen123 wrote Are stagecoach on Teesside really getting new buses this year.

tyresmoke confirmed this a few weeks ago, and even told us the services that it would concern...
(02 Apr 2014, 8:46 am)Richard Smiles wrote Without wishing to cause offence to anybody, I & I am sure a few other Teesside area members of the forum, that regularly contribute am beginning to feel like "Captain Flint". of whom was Long John Silver's Parrot, answering the same question over & over again.

For the record, Yes Teesside are getting New Vehicles this year, I know the proposed Fleet Numbers, and I also know when they are due to be delivered, but as I have said several times before, an Embargo has been placed on some of the information.

I am reaching the point now where by any information I do get, I wont even bother posting it, but just let one of two people know by "Private" email.

Not the only one who feels like Captain Flint, gets a bit repetitive when it comes to answering questions on South Shields depot.
(02 Apr 2014, 11:19 am)Richard Smiles wrote That makes two of us then Half Pint & I am sure there will be more.
Tony (Kuy) has posted several times about Teesside, as has Scott (Tyresmoke).

I would NOT dream of posting anything that could Jeopardise an Employee's Job especially if they work for Stagecoach. Jobs are hard enough to come by as it is in the North East.

I noted your comments several times when answering about the 33xxx's and yet, you answer the question & a while later the same question is asked again. I usually have a lot of patience but.......
(Pieces of 8, Pieces of 8). Regards "Captain Flint"

Make that 3 lol
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Apr 2014, 11:19 am)Richard Smiles wrote That makes two of us then Half Pint & I am sure there will be more.
Tony (Kuy) has posted several times about Teesside, as has Scott (Tyresmoke).

I would NOT dream of posting anything that could Jeopardise an Employee's Job especially if they work for Stagecoach. Jobs are hard enough to come by as it is in the North East.

I noted your comments several times when answering about the 33xxx's and yet, you answer the question & a while later the same question is asked again. I usually have a lot of patience but.......
(Pieces of 8, Pieces of 8). Regards "Captain Flint"

Here here Richard
(02 Apr 2014, 8:46 am)Richard Smiles wrote Without wishing to cause offence to anybody, I & I am sure a few other Teesside area members of the forum, that regularly contribute am beginning to feel like "Captain Flint". of whom was Long John Silver's Parrot, answering the same question over & over again.

For the record, Yes Teesside are getting New Vehicles this year, I know the proposed Fleet Numbers, and I also know when they are due to be delivered, but as I have said several times before, an Embargo has been placed on some of the information.

I am reaching the point now where by any information I do get, I wont even bother posting it, but just let one of two people know by "Private" email.

I'd hope this wouldn't deter you from posting in the future Richard. I know I'm not speaking for myself when I say that your contributions to North East Buses are extremely valued. It would be a great loss if the likes of yourself didn't contribute.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I am happy that stagecoach on teesside getting new buses and i am sorry if i have upset anyone about talking about.
(03 Apr 2014, 8:41 am)mrnut85 wrote So are Teesside actually getting new buses this year? Tongue

Not sure, better to ask someone Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Sorry if i'm going to repeat a question, i can't remember if iv'e ask it before

Is the new buses for the NE euro 5 engine?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm)Michael wrote Sorry if i'm going to repeat a question, i can't remember if iv'e ask it before

They will be yes.
(03 Apr 2014, 2:06 pm)Kuyoyo wrote They will be yes.

Thanks for the quick reply =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm)Michael wrote Sorry if i'm going to repeat a question, i can't remember if iv'e ask it before

Be careful asking questions about new buses :p
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Apr 2014, 2:08 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Be careful asking questions about new buses :p

Tongue, don't worry i got my answer!

Which week in May should we be seeing the 2nd set of Gas buses arriving at Sunderland?

Edit: Said first set instead of second
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I saw what looked like one of the 24xxx series heading towards Sedgefield behind a tow truck at about 11am Presume the bus station victim. Couldnt get number as was looking through bushes on A689
(03 Apr 2014, 7:02 pm)alanf wrote I saw what looked like one of the 24xxx series heading towards Sedgefield behind a tow truck at about 11am Presume the bus station victim. Couldnt get number as was looking through bushes on A689

Possibly off to Gardiners at Spennymoor??

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest

I did notice that the orders only had 2 Euro 6 E200 so I'm wondering if they could be the 2 for South Shields
(04 Apr 2014, 3:37 am)mrnut85 wrote I did notice that the orders only had 2 Euro 6 E200 so I'm wondering if they could be the 2 for South Shields

Thanks, should find out soon =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Apr 2014, 8:21 am)Richard Smiles wrote At this moment in time, I haven't heard whether 37143/37144 will be powered by the Euro 6 Engine.

The Stagecoach Bus Handbook 2014 is due for publication at the end of the month, so that may shed some light.

One of the big downsides of the Manufacturers now registering New vehicles is that, they don't tend to get registration marks allocated to them, until they are about to leave the factory. Whereas in the past
Operators could reserve a block of registration numbers well in advance of delivery. The delivery of the next 23 GAS buses to Sunderland is probably just five or six weeks away & yet Registration numbers have still not been allocated.

I'm sure they will still get 28018-28040 due to the rest of them being that and since it's the first Gas ones in the stagecoach fleet.

5 or 6 weeks isnt that long away at all, they should enter service soon after they arrive, sure the drivers dont need training on them
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Apr 2014, 8:33 am)Richard Smiles wrote Morning Michael, yes the fleet numbers will still be 28018 - 28040, by registrations, I am meaning the Registration (Number) Plates for example YN14??? or whatever.

Ah right was gonna say, silly me should of read it correctly.. haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Apr 2014, 1:41 pm)Richard Smiles wrote Thanks Tony

As that movement has taken place this week, it will show on the Next Fleet Card & the next Fleet List, as will the previously mentioned movement/withdrawal of 33492. & then there were 2 (33101 & 33491).

22489 also now here, just replaced 22066 on 37 at 1506 in Middlesbrough heading for North Tees Hospital.