You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(04 Apr 2014, 7:26 pm)northern156 wrote Better than an Omnicity by a country mile. (No I'm not joking)

Stagecoach occasionally (not as often now though) ran their Darts on the Sundays-only 685 from Carlisle to Hexham and back. A couple have even made it to Newcastle!
I think a Solo actually made it across to Newcastle once too :o

think it did one of my mates got a photo of it in Newcastle on 685 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=349874195107924&set=a.331689930259684.73893.331264550302222&type=3&theater
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(04 Apr 2014, 5:33 pm)northern156 wrote Ah, marvellous. Yet another bus service that is abandoned that runs west of Walltown.

Last Summer, eastbound, in my village we had 6 buses every Monday thru Saturday - including AD122.
Now (along with the 685 cuts) we have a staggering 3. Sad

Ah well, at least now it is operated by GNE, I can go up with my camera the odd day and use my Key to get around!

Key cards won't be an option on the Hadrians Wall bus as it isn't going to be included - you'll be able to buy a day ticket on buses to Hexham & then use the AD122. All being well, there'll be a fuller timetable for the daily summer operation
8300 and 8301 have been branded up so all South Tyne is done with 8301 kinda looking odd in fleet number wise there in the process of being uploaded to flickr and should be on within 10 mins
Owner of Bella the Cat

(05 Apr 2014, 7:05 pm)Racer_Experience wrote 8300 and 8301 have been branded up so all South Tyne is done with 8301 kinda looking odd in fleet number wise there in the process of being uploaded to flickr and should be on within 10 mins

I do believe that 8301 was one of the first few to be branded with 8300 being the last one.
(05 Apr 2014, 7:07 pm)Robert wrote I do believe that 8301 was one of the first few to be branded with 8300 being the last one.

actually it was 8295 followed by 8297, 8301 and 8300 were the last 2 to be done
Owner of Bella the Cat

(05 Apr 2014, 7:21 pm)Racer_Experience wrote actually it was 8295 followed by 8297, 8301 and 8300 were the last 2 to be done

Right ok. Just I have had it on my own personal fleet list as been branded for South Tyne for a few days now.
(05 Apr 2014, 8:05 pm)Robert wrote Right ok. Just I have had it on my own personal fleet list as been branded for South Tyne for a few days now.

yeah been monitoring the full South Tyne brand over the last 3 weeks or so got all photos on my own turf aka Hebburn Shops right near where my own mam works and the lass who i fancy oh oh i feel that song coming on again that Crush song by Jennifer Paige
Owner of Bella the Cat

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(05 Apr 2014, 8:56 pm)Racer_Experience wrote yeah been monitoring the full South Tyne brand over the last 3 weeks or so got all photos on my own turf aka Hebburn Shops right near where my own mam works and the lass who i fancy oh oh i feel that song coming on again that Crush song by Jennifer Paige

It's just a little crush...

Have not heard that tune for years
Whilst waiting for a connection at Heworth yesterday, noticed a Solar come in heading South on an x3.
There was one person on it. (GregofWeardale perhaps?)

Not long afterwards, a Catsfast came in on a Sunderland bound x36. This was carrying a fairly decent load.

I can't imagine the passengers getting off en-masse in the North Sunderland Estates, which begs the question as to why the loads were so different, with only 10mins running time between the two in the example from yesterday.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(06 Apr 2014, 9:13 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Whilst waiting for a connection at Heworth yesterday, noticed a Solar come in heading South on an x3.

Not long afterwards, a Catsfast came in on a Sunderland bound x36. This was carrying a fairly decent load.

I can't imagine the passengers getting off en-masse in the North Sunderland Estates, which begs the question as to why the loads were so different, with only 10mins running time between the two in the example from yesterday.

From what I've noticed over time, the X3 never really has had many passengers unless at peak times. When I've used in the past, it only really has had a maximum of 5 on it, including the driver, but they were during the daytime. It's one of those services that are only kept alive by a handful of people who use it as their only connection into town if you ask me.
(06 Apr 2014, 9:13 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Whilst waiting for a connection at Heworth yesterday, noticed a Solar come in heading South on an x3.

I think its because it only runs from Monkwearmouth and completely misses out Boldon ASDA, it won't last long.

The X36 is consistent to where the X3 is all over... example on a Saturday they run from Monkwearmouth at - 0754 0919 1219 1519
Where as rest of the runs start from Fulwell @ 1036 1336 1636

I really don't think it will last this way
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
When 4847 gets withdrawn (which I can tell is approaching with it not being out on the 128s yesterday), will another bus be branded for the 128 or will it just use a Generic Liveried vehicle?
(06 Apr 2014, 10:14 am)Robert wrote When 4847 gets withdrawn (which I can tell is approaching with it not being out on the 128s yesterday), will another bus be branded for the 128 or will it just use a Generic Liveried vehicle?

They probably won't brand another vehicle as 4847 practically wears an irrevelent livery for half a year when the 128 isn't in operation; and as both the Olympians and Renowns are getting withdrawn one by one, I guess perhaps some Solars may go up to Stanley to replace their Renowns. I can't see them wasting stickers on a brand that only runs in the spring and summer, and only on a Saturday at that.
(06 Apr 2014, 10:23 am)Marcus wrote They probably won't brand another vehicle as 4847 practically wears an irrevelent livery for half a year when the 128 isn't in operation; and as both the Olympians and Renowns are getting withdrawn one by one, I guess perhaps some Solars may go up to Stanley to replace their Renowns. I can't see them wasting stickers on a brand that only runs in the spring and summer, and only on a Saturday at that.

Personally, I would disagree with that. Although it doesn't operate on a Saturday only along with the season, it is still advertising Beamish Museum itself and the Waggonway 28/28A which goes down to the entrance almost everyday (apart from when its actually out of season).
(06 Apr 2014, 10:55 am)Robert wrote Personally, I would disagree with that. Although it doesn't operate on a Saturday only along with the season, it is still advertising Beamish Museum itself and the Waggonway 28/28A which goes down to the entrance almost everyday (apart from when its actually out of season).

I suppose Beamish could pay Go North East to advertise for them on the side of a bus anyway, even if it isn't exclusively for the 128.
(06 Apr 2014, 6:58 am)marxistafozzski wrote It's just a little crush...

Have not heard that tune for years

i like my songs but the radio sometimes inspires me alot
Owner of Bella the Cat

According to Model Bus Zone, Exclusive First Editions are due to make a limited edition model of 8289 on the 35. Does anybody think they may stop that idea seeing as it's now been withdrawn (and with Ensign?). Also, have they abandoned 5281 in the Red Arrows Citaro livery that they planned years ago, seeing as it's now a Blaydon Racer and they haven't yet got a release date after all this time? Looking forward to the 21 though, but I think there'll be a mad rush for it seeing its limited edition and only 50% are going to Durham and the other half are blinded up for Newcastle.
(06 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm)Marcus wrote According to Model Bus Zone, Exclusive First Editions are due to make a limited edition model of 8289 on the 35. Does anybody think they may stop that idea seeing as it's now been withdrawn (and with Ensign?). Also, have they abandoned 5281 in the Red Arrows Citaro livery that they planned years ago, seeing as it's now a Blaydon Racer and they haven't yet got a release date after all this time? Looking forward to the 21 though, but I think there'll be a mad rush for it seeing its limited edition and only 50% are going to Durham and the other half are blinded up for Newcastle.

Wasn't the dart 8231 rather than 8289? 8289 is also not at Ensign anymore and is with redline as seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/k4016td/13...FGs-3avAXg
Site Administrator
(06 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm)Robert wrote Wasn't the dart 8231 rather than 8289?

It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Also creates an error as 8289 should have had a Chester destination display opposed to one from Deptford, and should have also had LEDs rather than flipdot.
(06 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Also creates an error as 8289 should have had a Chester destination display opposed to one from Deptford, and should have also had LEDs rather than flipdot.

Ah, I knew it was one of the 823-s. Just chose the wrong one. I wasn't aware of this change to be honest but going back to Marcus' point about there been a mad rush for the Angel, I bet you at the Metrocentre rally next month at least 1 model of the bus is been sold at one of the stalls and I shall be there as always to see if my prediction is right Tongue.
(06 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm)Robert wrote Ah, I knew it was one of the 823-s. Just chose the wrong one. I wasn't aware of this change to be honest but going back to Marcus' point about there been a mad rush for the Angel, I bet you at the Metrocentre rally next month at least 1 model of the bus is been sold at one of the stalls and I shall be there as always to see if my prediction is right Tongue.

Can't wait for the Metrocentre rally, I've been for the past few years but never really spent much time there nor blended in with the other enthusiasts, just sort of looked around then went off. I agree with you, there probably will be a prototype or something being sold there for promotional purposes. Hopefully more than one Tongue
(06 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote It was 8233 rather than 8289, but following complaints of it being the wrong model of bus if it was 8233, they changed it to 8289 - removing the old-style Northern logo from above the doors in the process.

Although the ones shown must just be prototypes, I really do hope they put a bit more of an interior in that just grey plastic seats. Also seeing as 8289 was mainly allocated to the 71 on top of it's role as a spare vehicle, hopefully they might change it when actual production starts. Also, seeing as the 21 is due for November, they might just display one at the Metrocentre Rally instead of actually selling them, but who knows. Anyway Dan, hows the fleet lists thing coming along, the only reason I haven't put any new comments on that thread is because nobody else has. Smile
Site Administrator
(06 Apr 2014, 3:36 pm)Marcus wrote Although the ones shown must just be prototypes, I really do hope they put a bit more of an interior in that just grey plastic seats. Also seeing as 8289 was mainly allocated to the 71 on top of it's role as a spare vehicle, hopefully they might change it when actual production starts. Also, seeing as the 21 is due for November, they might just display one at the Metrocentre Rally instead of actually selling them, but who knows. Anyway Dan, hows the fleet lists thing coming along, the only reason I haven't put any new comments on that thread is because nobody else has. Smile

I haven't edited them for a few days now, but I'm going to catch up with all of the latest movements and then start on the vehicle history section again after I've uploaded some photos to Flickr. Smile
Site Administrator
(06 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm)Marcus wrote How on earth do you fit all this around your studies? Smile

I don't manage particularly well! Tongue

I'm uploading photos from September 2013 at the moment, and I'm backlogged by around 3,500 photographs in total!
(06 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm)Marcus wrote How on earth do you fit all this around your studies? Smile

because Dan is a genius he knows the nuts and crannies of a bus
Owner of Bella the Cat

(06 Apr 2014, 10:57 am)Marcus wrote I suppose Beamish could pay Go North East to advertise for them on the side of a bus anyway, even if it isn't exclusively for the 128.

IIRC, Beamish don't pay for any of the branding or advertising on GNE buses as they are a tier 1 corporate partner to Beamish