You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(14 Apr 2014, 7:25 pm)AIG20 wrote South Shields MAN E200 39705 sounds absolutely awful. Its belt is squeaking like mad when it accelerates; and it certainly does not sound like a healthy MAN E200 at all. I've got a feeling that if it does not get sorted very soon, the engineers may have a major VOR on their hands!

Teesside's E300's do it quite frequently, or small things similar. They weren't built for the 36 route - I hope the new ones are!
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(14 Apr 2014, 12:26 pm)Michael wrote Twitter Photo Competition

Spot an Easter chick on one of our buses and tweet your photo for a chance to win 7 days free travel...find details here

Last Updated: 14 April 2014 12:17 PM

Competition Rules:

To take part in the Stagecoach Chick Photo Twitter competition, all entrants should follow @stagecoachNE and have tweeted their photo, with a mention of @stagecoachNE, by midday on Wednesday 23rd April 2014.
The winners will be notified by Wednesday 30th April 2014, by direct message (DM) on Twitter and winners must reply via DM to claim their prize.
The promoter is Stagecoach North East and queries should be directed to: northeast.enquiries@stagecoachbus.com or posted to Twitter chick photo competition, Stagecoach North East, Wheatsheaf, Sunderland SR5 1AQ
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
Winners will be selected by the Stagecoach marketing and Communications Team, who will choose their favourites. The winners’ names will be available from the Marketing Department at the above address on receipt of a stamped self-addressed envelope.
We reserve the right to feature any photographs and the name and home district of the prize winners on buses, in company publications/websites or releases to the media.
Winners will be supplied with their chosen 7-week Stagecoach North East megarider ticket on a smartcard.
The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
This competition is not open to employees of Stagecoach and their families, associated agents or anyone connected to the competition.
No cash alternative is available and the prizes are not exchangeable or refundable.
Standard Stagecoach terms and conditions apply to use of the megarider tickets.
Entry into the prize draw is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.

Originally Posted: 14 April 2014 12:16 PM

Its the same on all the pages so iv'e removed the services affected

Like this you mean?

[Image: 13783207105_3dc569de84_h.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(14 Apr 2014, 8:49 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any more news about south shields getting 3 new single decker Buses in July. Regards Robin

If anyone finds out anything more, I'm sure they will post without being prompted. Smile
From Facebook:

Incidents Tyne & Wear
45 secs ·
Delays on Market Street due to a incident involving a bus.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Some young lad just got on the bus and handed the driver a peice of paper... which he kept

Any idea what it is?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Apr 2014, 10:59 am)Michael wrote Some young lad just got on the bus and handed the driver a peice of paper... which he kept

Any idea what it is?
Putin's plan to take over Stagecoach North East and to use 33492 as his royal chariot?
(15 Apr 2014, 11:50 am)Multi21 wrote 24106 is parked up on the "dead wall" in Stockton with a rather unusual black bumper and lights.

I would guess those are replacement panels
The last three 19's which has passed mine have being empty...

Still don't get how SC Sunderland can run it at its current form
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Apr 2014, 5:28 pm)Roland Pratt wrote £5 note?

Nope, he gave no change, the driver was puzzled when he gave him it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Apr 2014, 5:34 pm)Michael wrote Nope, he gave no change, the driver was puzzled when he gave him it

Free journey voucher

Site Administrator
(15 Apr 2014, 5:51 pm)cbma06 wrote Free journey voucher

That's what I thought too, but wasn't sure. I've only ever complained to Arriva North East and Go North East - but I've only ever received 'compensation' from the latter (who add a day ticket to your Key Card).
(15 Apr 2014, 6:10 pm)Dan wrote That's what I thought too, but wasn't sure. I've only ever complained to Arriva North East and Go North East - but I've only ever received 'compensation' from the latter (who add a day ticket to your Key Card).

I always keep getting free journey vouchers from Arriva North East, lately Arriva havnt been putting in free ticket with the standard apology letter, their must be clamping down sending out the free single tickets.

(15 Apr 2014, 6:28 pm)cbma06 wrote I always keep getting free journey vouchers from Arriva North East, lately Arriva havnt been putting in free ticket with the standard apology letter, their must be clamping down sending out the free single tickets.

Not sure I got another two today. I think a lot of corporate schemes hand them out too though.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(15 Apr 2014, 11:25 am)benambro wrote An ALX400 sounds really poorly today, sounds more like a Titan! I think we all know which one we'd prefer.

A Titan!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(15 Apr 2014, 6:28 pm)cbma06 wrote I always keep getting free journey vouchers from Arriva North East, lately Arriva havnt been putting in free ticket with the standard apology letter, their must be clamping down sending out the free single tickets.

Without turning this into the customer service thread, I feel the least that should be done is a free day ticket issued should your complaint be upheld. It sends the customer away somewhat satisfied with minimal expense to the business.

I do however find that none of the big three operators make it clear whether or not your complaint is actually upheld, as they're too intent on using templates. This is bad complaint handling in itself.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Apr 2014, 3:39 pm)Michael wrote The last three 19's which has passed mine have being empty...

Still don't get how SC Sunderland can run it at its current form

Should be axed
(15 Apr 2014, 10:41 pm)Acky81 wrote Should be axed

Wouldnt say axed but changed some how

It was only 10 mins in from its starting point in grindon and i live in springwell .. might of picked up further down the route
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(15 Apr 2014, 10:47 pm)Michael wrote Wouldnt say axed but changed some how

It was only 10 mins in from its starting point in grindon and i live in springwell .. might of picked up further down the route
Runs with no passengers just fresh mate
(15 Apr 2014, 11:04 pm)Acky81 wrote Runs with no passengers just fresh mate

Not sure on how they would change the routes of the 18 and 19?

Any ideas?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I regularly use the #19 from Seaburn to Southwick (bit lazy I know) and there is often quite a few passengers on. Wouldn't say standing room only like!
(16 Apr 2014, 9:52 am)idiot wrote I regularly use the #19 from Seaburn to Southwick (bit lazy I know) and there is often quite a few passengers on. Wouldn't say standing room only like!

Wouldn't say that was lazy.

I get the bus from Grindon Lane to Hastings Hill haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Apr 2014, 9:05 am)Michael wrote Not sure on how they would change the routes of the 18 and 19?

Any ideas?

No idea on route changes, but looking at the route, there obviously isn't the demand for passengers travelling between Grindon and Southwick or Grangetown and Grindon (two of the very few unique sections).
There is plenty choice between Sunderland and Grangetown, Sunderland & Southwick and Seaburn & Sunderland too.

No idea how long the route has been going, but guessing it must have existed in some form when the pit and ship yards were still big employers and the big factories were about in the Grangetown areas.
Obviously they have gone now and if the service isn't carrying that many passengers as you say, there needs to be something done.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(16 Apr 2014, 10:08 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No idea on route changes, but looking at the route, there obviously isn't the demand for passengers travelling between Grindon and Southwick or Grangetown and Grindon (two of the very few unique sections).
There is plenty choice between Sunderland and Grangetown, Sunderland & Southwick and Seaburn & Sunderland too.

No idea how long the route has been going, but guessing it must have existed in some form when the pit and ship yards were still big employers and the big factories were about in the Grangetown areas.
Obviously they have gone now and if the service isn't carrying that many passengers as you say, there needs to be something done.

I think the only massive change was year's ago when they changed so the 18/19 follow the same route around Grindon

Other than that i think its being the same for years.. so it must be working somewhere along the route to make profit
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.