Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

RE: Go North East
Hi!

Me and Brandon thought these changes would be good for the 19, tell us what you think!

- Increase the frequency from Cramlington to Northumberland Park
- Extend the service to Wansbeck Hospital, providing links from Cramlington and North Tyneside to Wansbeck Hospital.

You may ask, what are the benefits of these proposed changes? - Well, these provide much more freuqent Go North East services from North Shields to Cramlington, new links to Wansbeck Hospital and introducing GNE into a new place, Wansbeck Hospital!
(27 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm)W179SCU wrote Hi!

Me and Brandon thought these changes would be good for the 19, tell us what you think!

- Increase the frequency from Cramlington to Northumberland Park
- Extend the service to Wansbeck Hospital, providing links from Cramlington and North Tyneside to Wansbeck Hospital.

You may ask, what are the benefits of these proposed changes? - Well, these provide much more freuqent Go North East services from North Shields to Cramlington, new links to Wansbeck Hospital and introducing GNE into a new place, Wansbeck Hospital!

Certainly agree with the second part of that. I couldn't comment on the first, as I don't know how heavily used it is.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Some June 2013 service changes are starting to appear on Traveline.

I wouldn't take everything here as fact, I have experienced errors on Traveline in the past and I'd take the following with a pinch of salt until official details from Go North East themselves. This is intended purely for interest only Smile

X3/X36

First error I've noticed is that Newcastle bound trips on X36 are showing as route 36, while Sunderland bound trips show as X36 -
[attachment=4400]

X3's and X36's will depart at 03/33 from Newcastle -
[attachment=4401]

It appears that alternate daytime X3's from Sunderland are terminating at Boldon.

X36 is timed to arrive and depart Sunderland at the same time of 30 past the hour - I think this could suggest it will interwork with another service at Sunderland.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around the route that the 73 is supposed to be taking from June, enclosed below is the 1005 from Sunderland and the return journey from Washington Galleries at 1109 -
[attachment=4402]
[attachment=4403]

Services to/from Seaburn will only start after 10am. Early morning journeys to run between Southwick and Silksworth only. The first bus will start Southwick at 0737 -
[attachment=4404]

This bus then works the 0828 from Silksworth -
[attachment=4405]

And then works the 0919 from Southwick -
[attachment=4406]

The second bus begins service at 0910 from Silksworth on the first full run to Seaburn - (interworking with Scholars perhaps?)
[attachment=4407]

This bus then works the first trip of the day from Seaburn at 1009 -
[attachment=4408]

As I said above, this information can't be treated as fact until officlal details from Go North East. Not all changes have been added yet, such as the 36 Town End Farm Circular, and no changes have appeared for routes 9 and 26 - so watch this space! Big Grin
Looking at the 73, it would seem it works through Biddick Centre, then along the A195/Pattinson Ind Est to Waterview Park (3mins is very tight in a car, never mind a bus!), then some sort of loop from Waterview Park, via Sulgrave to Concord and back, before picking up the A1231 to Castletown....

Edit. It doesnt seem to serve Coach Road from the Galleries - just from Sunderland
I'm having a hard time getting my head around the route that the 73 is supposed to be taking from June, enclosed below is the 1005 from Sunderland and the return journey from Washington Galleries at 1109 -

Wow that is confusing. I think it would be better if it was like this.

Sunderland Interchange - Enterprise Park - Castletown - Waterview Park - Peel Retail Park - Sulgrave - Concord - Washington Comprehensive School - Barmston - Washington Village - Biddick - Washington Galleries.

I've missed out Coach Road as passengers can catch the M1/M2 and the 56 which all serve stops on the perimeter of Coach Road Estate.

or Alternatively after serving Concord it goes Coach Road - Donwell - B&Q - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington Galleries
Site Administrator
Interesting find there, Brandon!

(27 Apr 2013, 10:11 pm)Brandon wrote X36 is timed to arrive and depart Sunderland at the same time of 30 past the hour - I think this could suggest it will interwork with another service at Sunderland.

I literally can't think what would happen.

Stretching realism a little here, but do you think it could be possible for the X3/36/X36 to all interwork?

If the timings for the X3 and 36 were to stay the same as they are at present, and the X36 were to be the same as the timings you have shown us, I think it could work...

I've just been jotting notes down, and as it's midnight, I'm quite tired... See below for a small part of my notes. Obviously the precise timings below could be slightly different, but so it's easier to understand, I've kept them as they are on my notes page:

Board 1 -
09:33 36 Depart SUN
10:00 36 Arrive TEF
10:00 36 Depart TEF
10:27 36 Arrive SUN

10:30 X36 Depart SUN
11:31 X36 Arrive NCL
11:33 X36 Depart NCL
12:30 X36 Arrive SUN

12:33 36 Depart SUN
etc...

Board 2 -
09:33 X36 Depart SUN
10:31 X36 Arrive NCL
10:33 X36 Depart NCL
11:30 X36 Arrive SUN

11:33 36 Depart SUN
12:00 36 Arrive TEF
12:00 36 Depart TEF
12:27 36 Arrive SUN

12:30 X36 Depart SUN
etc...

Board 3 -
10:00 X3 [SHORT] Depart SUN
10:25 X3 [SHORT] Arrive Boldon
10:30 X3 [SHORT] Depart Boldon
10:55 X3 [SHORT] Arrive SUN

11:03 36 Depart SUN
11:30 36 Arrive TEF
11:30 36 Depart TEF
11:57 36 Arrive SUN

12:00 X3 [SHORT] Depart SUN
etc...

Board 4 -
11:00 X3 Depart SUN
11:53 X3 Arrive NCL
12:03 X3 Depart NCL
12:56 X3 Arrive SUN

13:00 X3 Depart SUN
etc...

The 36/X36 would interwork. The short X3s/36 would interwork. The full length X3s would run alone.
I haven't accounted for services starting at the other end, so it may not work... But I'm tired :p

Anyone else have any suggestions? Probably 50x better than this one.
I found on Bazza's GNE Facebook Group more news regarding the new StreetLites and the subsequent vehicle transfers that will occur when they come.

Apparantly, Deptford's lot is for the Drifter, and Gateshead's is for the Saltwell Park. That will displace 16 Versas, which are transferring to the Washington Street Shuttle and "the new route starting in mid July from Saltmeadows, which is to be branded". The person whom I quote cannot reveal any more information about the new route, nor can any other GNE employee, until the end of May otherwise they'll be in trouble.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Wow Dan! Big Grin I'm too tired to come up with anything like that now, but I was also thinking along the same lines too about interworking with 36. If the 9 is indeed retaining its half hourly frequency, I think it's plausible that the 26 will also remain largely unchanged and continue operating to Jarrow as now.

I'm not too sure to what extend the SimpliCity brand would be retained on these services. Residents on the current 36 route can get a £8.30 SimpliCity ticket. To abolish this ticket would be a fare increase of £3.10 a week for the Sunderland Saver at £11.40, and the loss of a competitive edge over Stagecoach. If it was retained though, where would you draw the line? Valid only between Town End Farm, Red House and Sunderland as per the existing 36 route? Or the whole proposed 36 loop around to Castletown too? And where would 26 and X36 tie in too - SimpliCity also valid between Sunderland and Downhill on these services? I feel it just gets too messy!

Andreos to be honest I find the journey times planned between Sunderland Enterprise Park/Castletown and Washington completely unattractive. 40/45 minutes yet it only takes 10 minutes maximum by car. The loop serving Concord and Coach Road Estate isn't going to encourage passengers wanting to make trips between Enterprise Park/Castletown - Washington which I hope would have been a well appreciated link. Apparently, the extension of service 73 to Washington is thanks to pressure levied by The Teal Farm Tribune.

Much appreciated Adam about info on Streetlites to Saltwell Park and Drifter. Also something to look forward to in July Big Grin
Normally Id be asleep by now, but my youngest doesnt seem keen on letting me.

If the Teal Farm residents have managed to get a bus back to serve them, well done them. Shame it has to be a tax payer funded service such as Nexus who have to step in when GNE decide there isnt enough money in it for them (strange they can afford to make a loss on the X3 though Smile...)
Although I see your point about the 73 and links to Sunderland, passengers will probably use the route in 4 stages - Sunderland-Waterview Park; Waterview Park - Concord; Concord - Coach Road Estate; Waterview Park/Teal Farm - Galleries. Rather than fund a number of separate services, it makes financial sense having one which covers a wide area, however conviluted it is.
If someone in Teal Farm really wants to go to the Enterprise Park, they will probably walk up to Waterview Park for the bus coming from Concord.

The diagram Aureolin designed about the services axed by GNE in Washington over the last few years, means us as taxpayers have to step in under the guise of Nexus and fund whatever services they deem necessary and the 73 shows how badly these local links are needed.
Site Administrator
Serving as a reminder for those that may have forgotten and want photographs of services on diversion - despite the weather not looking great at the moment...

Sunderland Marathon 2013

The Sunderland Marathon, half-marathon and combined 10k Road Race will be held on Sunday 28th April 2013.
Please note that due to last minute changes to agreed road closures and arrangements previously made by Sunderland City Council, a number of last minute alterations have had to be made to the list of diversions. In summary buses that would have operated normally along Durham Road have now been prevented from doing so and will be diverted via Chester Road, which will further delay all buses operating into the city.

Diversions to bus services during these times will now be:

Services 2A/2C whilst operating normal route, will be delayed on Chester Road due to that road being the only access road into and out of Sunderland for all road-users.

Service 9 will be unable to serve Holmeside, Fawcett Street, North Bridge Street, Wheatsheaf or Newcastle Road between first bus and 17:00 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Fulwell via Thompson Road (serving bus stops at The Grange), Sunderland Road, Stoney Lane, Camden Street, Queen Alexandra Bridge, Trimdon Street, Silksworth Row, St Michaels Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Newcastle Road (South of Fulwell Windmill), Wheatsheaf, North Bridge Street or Sunderland City Centre will not be served.

Service 20 will be diverted via Springwell Road, The Broadway, Chester Road, St. Michael's Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange until 14:30. Bus stops on Durham Road east of Springwell Road will not be served.

Service 26A will be unable to serve Holmeside, Fawcett Street, North Bridge Street, Wheatsheaf, Southwick Road or Keir Hardie Way between first bus and 17:00 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Southwick via Southwick Road, Queen’s Road, Camden Street, Queen Alexandra Bridge, Trimdon Street, Silksworth Row, St Michaels Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Southwick Road, Keir Hardie Way, Wheatsheaf, North Bridge Street or Sunderland City Centre (Vine Place, Holmeside, John Street or Fawcett Street) will not be served.

Services 35B & 35C (North of Sunderland) will be unable to serve Holmeside, Fawcett Street, North Bridge Street, Wheatsheaf or Newcastle Road between first bus and 17:00 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Fulwell via Thompson Road (serving bus stops at The Grange), Sunderland Road, Stoney Lane, Camden Street, Queen Alexandra Bridge, Trimdon Street, Silksworth Row, St Michaels Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Newcastle Road (South of Fulwell Windmill), Wheatsheaf, North Bridge Street or Sunderland City Centre (Vine Place, Holmeside, John Street or Fawcett Street) will not be served.

Service 35B & 35C (South of Sunderland) will operate normal route to Royal Hospital, then via Chester Road, The Broadway, Springwell Road and Premier Road to Silksworth Lane and normal route. Stops between Springwell Road and Barnes Park Gyratory will not be served.

Service 39 will operate normal route between Park Lane and Pennywell, but will be unable to serve Holmeside, Borough Road, Athenaeum Street, Toward Road, Villette Road, Ryhope Road (north of Alexandra Road roundabout), between first bus and 14:30. Delays are expected on Chester Road due to that road being the main diversionary route into Sunderland for all other road-users. Journeys operating between Doxford Park and Park Lane Interchange will operate normal route towards Alexandra Road roundabout and then divert via Leechmere Road, Essen Way, Premier Road, Springwell Road, The Broadway, Chester Road and St. Michael's Way to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Holmeside, Athenaeum Street, Toward Road, Ryhope Road (north of Alexandra Road roundabout), will not be served.

Service 42 will be unable to serve Stockton Road, Holmeside, Borough Road, Athenaeum Street, Toward Road, Villette Road or Ryhope Road north of Alexandra Road roundabout between first bus and 14:30 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Alexandra Road roundabout Leechmere Road, Essen Way, Premier Road, Springwell Road, The Broadway, Chester Road and St. Michael's Way to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Holmeside, Athenaeum Street, Toward Road, Ryhope Road (north of Alexandra Road roundabout), will not be served.

Service 56 will be unable to serve Holmeside, Fawcett Street, North Bridge Street, Wheatsheaf, Southwick Road or Keir Hardie Way between first bus and 17:00 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Southwick via Southwick Road, Queen’s Road, Camden Street, Queen Alexandra Bridge, Trimdon Street, Silksworth Row, St Michaels Way and Albion Place to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Southwick Road, Keir Hardie Way, Wheatsheaf, North Bridge Street or Sunderland City Centre (Vine Place, Holmeside, John Street or Fawcett Street) will not be served.

Services 60 & 61 will be unable to serve Stockton Road or Ryhope Road north of Alexandra Road roundabout between first bus and 14:30 and will be diverted to operate non-stop from Alexandra Road roundabout via Leechmere Road, Essen Way, Premier Road, Springwell Road, The Broadway, Chester Road and St. Michael's Way to Park Lane Interchange. Bus Stops on Holmeside, Athenaeum Street, Toward Road, Ryhope Road (north of Alexandra Road roundabout), will not be served.

Service 78A is not affected and will operate normal route, although delays are expected on Chester Road due to that road being the main diversionary route into Sunderland for all other road-users.

Service 135 outbound from Park Lane Interchange will operate via St Michael’s Way to Queen Alexandra Bridge, then normal route via Witherwack & Hylton Castle back to Park Lane Interchange only.

Service 136 outbound from Park Lane Interchange will operate via Royal Hospital and Queen Alexandra Bridge, then normal route via Hylton Castle and Witherwack back to Park Lane Interchange only.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused due to factors outside of our control.
Why don't GNE do this with the 9 and the 19:

9 (MONDAY - SUNDAY ALL DAY EVERY 30 MINUTES) SERVING THE SAME ROUTE AS PRESENT.

19 (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES / EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 60 MINUTES TO CRAMLINGTON ONLY) SERVING: NORTH SHIELDS - ROYAL QUAYS - PERCY MAIN - HIGH FLATWORTH - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - WEST ALLOTMENT - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK - EARSDON - SEATON DELEVAL - CRAMILINGTON - BEDLINGTON - STAKEFORD - ASHINGTON - WANSBECK HOSPITAL

19A (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES / EVENINGS AND SUNDAYS EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: NORTH SHIELDS - ROYAL QUAYS - PERCY MAIN - HIGH FLATWORTH - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - WEST ALLOTMENT - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK

19B (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: SUNDERLAND - FULWELL - BOLDON - JARROW - PERCY MAIN - HIGH FLATWORTH - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - WEST ALLOTMENT - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK - EARSDON - SEATON DELEVAL - CRAMILINGTON

19C (MONDAY - SATURDAY DAYTIME EVERY 60 MINUTES) SERVING: SUNDERLAND - FULWELL - BOLDON - JARROW - PERCY MAIN - HIGH FLATWORTH - SILVERLINK - COBALT ATMEL - COBALT P&G - WEST ALLOTMENT - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK
So the bus gate has been axed!
That chubby fella in the beard and hi-viz jacket I imagined holding up buses and runners will have to find something else to do now!
Nice, Ive never being on a Streetlite yet, are they any good, can i ask, is the Streetlite for both drifter service's or just the 60, as the 61 still uses Cadet's?... If so I wonder if the Drfiter Cadet's will move on to the 39, the 39 only needs 5 buses.. same as the 61.

The 60 and 61 route are one of my fav GNE route's.. Will it keep the drifter brand or will they be branded, something new?

Tbh i would of put the Versa's somewhere other than the Washington Street Shuttle..but then again they do need new buses and more MPD will go and i bet they look class in silver!

Looking forward to seen this new service from Saltmeadows.

No one should give full detail's out, Thanks Rob for giving us this info =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Apr 2013, 10:05 am)Michael wrote Nice, Ive never being on a Streetlite yet, are they any good, can i ask, is the Streetlite for both drifter service's or just the 60, as the 61 still uses Cadet's?... If so I wonder if the Drfiter Cadet's will move on to the 39, the 39 only needs 5 buses.. same as the 61.

The 60 and 61 route are one of my fav GNE route's.. Will it keep the drifter brand or will they be branded, something new?

Tbh i would of put the Versa's somewhere other than the Washington Street Shuttle..but then again they do need new buses and more MPD will go and i bet they look class in silver!

Looking forward to seen this new service from Saltmeadows.

No one should give full detail's out, Thanks Rob for giving us this info =)

8 Streetlites to replace 8 Versas, so I think that answer the question about the Cadet straight away. As for brand, I'd say the Drifter brand will stay but will be revamped again.

After consulting my lists, there are currently 14 Washington Street Shuttle MPDs, so like-for-like replacement would leave only 2 Versas spare for Saltmeadows. Of course, that side of things will have to wait until the moves actually to see what happens.
Opps sorry i misread it

I like the Drifter brand on the current Versa's, think it will look nice on the StreetLite.

I done a PVR check on the M2/M3/W5/W6 routes and by that (im probley's wrong) they only require 13 MPD's, leaving 1 spare.

Like i said dunno if ive worked it out right.

Dunno if i typed it in wrong but.. this is from Monday 8 July 2013 - number 26 to Jarrow..Just little timing changes and running every 30 mins as now.

Sunderland (city centre) (coach stop) Interchange Walk 0 min
Sunderland (city centre) Interchange-Std V 11:19 Bus service 26 to Jarrow, operated by Go North East
Sunderland (city centre) Vine Place NE/B 11:20 11:20
Sunderland (city centre) Fawcett Street-Ref 24S19 11:22 11:22
Sunderland Stadium of Light Wheatsheaf N/B 11:25 11:25
Southwick Sunderland Road (24sg06) 11:31 11:31 Bus service 26 to no change, operated by Go North East
Castletown Castletown W 11:38 11:38
North Hylton Grange Road 11:42 11:42
Hylton Castle Craigavon Road N/b 11:45 11:45
Hylton Castle Hylton Castle Shops N 11:47 11:47
Downhill Downhill N 11:50 11:50
Boldon Hylton Lane N 11:53 11:53
Boldon Colliery Boldon Colliery E (16105) 11:59 11:59
Hedworth Hedworth Lane Nw/b 12:04 12:04
Hedworth Calfclose Lane W/b 12:06 12:06
Jarrow Bus Station-Std A 12:14

39 changes also appered... cant find the route change (unless its for the new road layout in Sunderland) but slight time changes.

Still can't find the 36 changes...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
After consulting my lists, there are currently 14 Washington Street Shuttle MPDs, so like-for-like replacement would leave only 2 Versas spare for Saltmeadows. Of course, that side of things will have to wait until the moves actually to see what happens.
[/quote]

Indeed it is a PVR of 14 for the WSS.

4 for W5/W6 and I think, but not sure whether the M2/M3 uses 6 leaving 4 free or 8 and leaving 2 free, as the M2/M3 interwork, e.g. M2 coming into Heworth then turns into M3. The main reason why i'm unsure about the PVR of the M2/M3 is due to the frequency being decreased last year from every 10 to every 15 minutes.

Also on a daily basis there seems to be atleast 1 WSS on the M1 and a minimum of 2 on the 88/88A. On the flipside there is always a couple of deckers on the W5/W6/M2/M3.

I can't see the WSS MPD's being withdrawn just yet, especially the 53reg ones. I have a feeling some of them will go to Chester le Street for usage on the 71 which requires 2 buses and the 34/34A which requires 6. As for the other 6 I think they'll probs go to Peterlee to replace some of the 2000/01 batch of MPD's on the East Durham Network.

This would then lead to the withdrawal of the Lambton Worm DAF's and more SPD's/Older MPD's in the GNE fleet. This is just what I think may happen come June/July.
M2/M3 interwork at both ends of the route, on a 2 hour round trip so requires 8 buses.

As for the MPDs, I'd likely say the 53-reg MPDs will end up replacing some of the remaining X-reg examples. As for the 71 and 34/34A, MPDs won't be used on those routes. The 34/34A will likely be going B10BLE later in the year alongside the Waggonway (and only requires 4 not 6), and the 71 will use whatever Chester-le-Street have spare. You never know what they might use the spare MPDs for.
Apologies typo regarding the 34/34A.

Before 53reg examples on the WSS went into Metrolink Livery before WSS they were previously based at Chester le Street for the 34/34A, previously route numbered at the time 734.

I've been to CLS quite alot in recent weeks and I don't the 34/34A require current size bus they use. But as you said Kuyoyo more than likely it will end up with renowns along with the Waggonway 28/28A.

GNE could do what I said Temporarily until further changes later in the year. Other than been withdrawn I can't think of any other way that they could be utilised.
The 34/34a do get quite busy at times and can be the only option for passengers on certain parts of the route. For those living in Ouston or Perkinsville say, it is the quickest option down to Chester opposed to the Waggonway services which when they turn up, go around the world via Pelton, Beamish, West Pelton and anywhere else along the way.
However, I don't think it needs the frequency it currently has. Maybe at peak times it does...
Early services run off a works service from Team Valley and run empty to Urpeth Grange, before doing a big loop of Ouston (and Urpeth Grange again) and heading back to Chester.

Although it goes into Pelaw Estate, from Pelton down to Chester, it also runs alongside the Lime. This section does not need as many buses operating along it. I'm doubtful the section up towards Waldridge needs as much either, although I haven't been up that way for a while. It certainly didn't when the 21b was working that way...
When i've seen the 34/34A there certainly weren't many people on it at all, the 71 is the same going to Houghton, I don't think for the amount of passengers it seems to get during the day it would require such a size bus, so think it would be logical to do what I said in previous post.
Re the 71. GNE told me a few years back, demand for the service meant that the smaller MPD's were no longer suitable and that is why the SPD's were introduced. To be honest I thought it was more along the lines of vehicle availability or certain timed services which were busy opposed to all services.
Since then, fares have increased, the service was curtailed on an evening and Sunday to Houghton and eventually curtailed to Houghton and cancelled on an evening altogether.
Locally in the Houghton area, it competed with the hourly X94 (which was replaced by the half hourly X3). Now, you have the M1, 35a and 20a and to be honest, the fare of almost £2.00 for a short journey, cant compare with the walk into Houghton.

Towards Chester, you are stung with a cross county fare or buzzfare boundary so it isn't very attractive that way for passengers in the Houghton area.
For passengers on the Co Durham side of Fencehouses or in Woodstone Village and Lumley, there may be the Chester Town fare, but you also have the 78 running in the same direction, diluting demand.

When the 21a ran, a Tyne & Wear Day Ticket was valid, providing you continued on into Birtley or beyond, so passenger numbers were quite high.

You just need to look at the amount of seats available between Houghton and Chester pre-2006 changes to now, to see there is obviously an issue that GNE dont seem keen on resolving.

Pre 2006.
2x Double Deckers ph.
* 21a Houghton - Newcastle (Mon - Sun. Early until late)
* 177 Optare Mini bus Hall Lane Est - Chester (Mon - Sat. Early until early evening)

Post 2006 (following changes).
2x MPD ph.
* 71 Chester - Sunderland (Mon - Sun. Early until late)

Current
2x SPD ph.
* 71 Chester - Houghton (Mon - Sat. Early until early Evening). Nexus funding 79a locally between Houghton and Fencehouses.

Yes, the DCC cuts stopped evening and Sunday services, but if GNE really wanted to make the route attractive to passengers, they would have done something about it. Instead, they increase fares and for longer journey passengers introduce additional boundaries in the form of the buzzfare and Chester Town ticket.

re the 34/34a. Not sure about Waggonway vehicles operating all the time on Sundays. Havent noticed them either way.
Site Administrator
Big incident at Park Lane. Gradually showing signs of improvement after 45 minutes of chaos (if not longer). Someone is said to have walked out in front of Laser 5301. Glass is cracked on front screen and the accident occurred at the exit of Park Lane so all buses inside couldn't get out as a result.
All buses cramming into Stands A-F and it's generally hell!

Should be cleared up by 5pm at the latest, I'd say. Bus has already been taken away, with police still investigating the scene.

Yours truly has photos of buses diverting as a result and of the vehicle in question.

If anyone would like a photo of 628 actually working the 700/701 for a change (usually all Hybrids), today is the day to do so.
That's sound good, hope whoever it was is ok.

After a trip down to Fatfield the following have been added to the Buses via Branded.

5325/26/27 have been added to Silver Arrows...Photos Below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

4957/59/64 have been added to Metrolink...Photo Below

4944 was on the Lime 8..Added to Northern Set as a Duplicate as I have like 8 photos or something of this now.

and Finally 8233 on the 2C, also added to the Northern Set
Site Administrator
Article doesn't seem to suggest it was a suicide attempt as gossip between drivers, supervisors and members of the public were all saying... See here.
Just looking through old photos of the GNE citaro artics - does anyone know why the x66 allocations put in citylink's base gold?

And now it sadly looks like the citylink artics may be replaced next year by rigid vehicles due to realiability issues, do you guys think GNE will still bring up the other batch of merc artics that were apparently being kept down south until the new depot was finished up here.

Just curious

Cheers